Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Just got back yesterday and had a ball.

Fell in love with a new dog, Brandy. She hangs out at Crazy Canuck's. This is a wonderful bar that is owned by two lovely people, Don and Carol. I spent at least 2 hours a day here throwing a rock to a dog named Brandy (gorgeous german shephard). What a doll. The people at Canuck's are a hoot and they make you feel right at home. Hang out there on Monday nights if you can, they have a great band and I danced to the thong song with the owner.

Loved Banana Beach (again for the third time). Tim (the manager there) didn't even give me a hard time when I tried to sneak Brandy up to my room to give her some food. This has to be the best place on the island to stay. The views from the oceanfront rooms are to die for.

Hung out at BC's also. Charlene and Bruce are great and the locals who hang out there are wonderful. If you happen to stop by, say hi to Marlboro Man and Robbie for me.

Went cavetubing with Seaduced and had a ball. Did a lot of resting and swimming. Met some nice people from the board. Ate breakfast at Papi's and he always has the best snapper grilled in wine with garlic sauce (yummee). I know this is rambling, but I just wanted to share some of my trip with you. Hope you all go and have a great time and say hi to my friends down there for me.

Becky.

Hey Becky, welcome back! Do you have pictures to share? Any interesting adventures that you can talk about? What did you do with Laurie? :-) (did she return from cave tubing??)

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Gela, trip was fun, a little cool in the caves but definitely worth doing.

Laurie made it out fine, I think.

Had a ball and am considering going back next month. Hmmmm.

Hope you have a good time when you go. Stop by Crazy Canucks and tell Don and Carol hello for me. Also, throw a rock at my dog Brandy, she loves catching them.

Becky - glad you had a great time. Refresh my memory - where is Crazy Canucks? And you say the dog hangs out there? Maybe I'll bring a dog frisbie or something. Should I bring a jacket or something into the caves? What kind of shoes did you wear?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Gela, Crazy Canucks is a stone throw away from Coconuts. Right up the road. Brandy is a dog who has taken up temporary residene there. She's a real sweetheart.

Regarding the cavetubing, it was just a little cool in the caves. I'd say wear something long sleeved, but you are just going to get wet anyway.

I wore gym shoes on the ride there from the hotel to Jaguar Paw. Once we reached Jaguar Paw though I changed into flip flops and wore them for the walk down to the caves (about a 15 minute walk). Lost those dang flip flops though when I fell off my tube in the middle of the cave. Oh well. You will have fun though.

[This message has been edited by Becky_bound_for_Belize (edited 05-10-2002).]

what? no golf cart dancing?? no pool hopping??

what, are you guys getting all mature on us now????

obviously, you are hooked. f says this may be our last trip for a while...

B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Jane, I'll leave Laurie to let you in on the rest when she gets back, the old gal.

Tell F he'd better change his mind, or Laurie and I will come get you and take you for a girl-only vacation.

BECKY.....
I hate ya girl! So glad you had ANOTHER great tip to the AC! Glad ta here you found ANOTHER dog as well, but I swear Wanker is North!
Laurie isn't talking yet, so PLEASE fill us in!
Sincerely,
Hope
See ya in July?

L
L
Hey everybody: the trip was absolutely fantastic (again!). I am still in "very relaxed" mode. The body is back, but not the mind! LOL! I didn't get in until almost 1 a.m. on Sunday (long story). I will post about my vacation in the next few days.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.