Next Thread
Print Thread
San Pedro businessman shot dead inside his store #530115
04/27/18 05:23 AM
04/27/18 05:23 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
A businessman from San Pedro was shot dead inside his business on Thursday night on the island.

Police say that sometime around 8:30 p.m., they were summoned to the San Pedro polyclinic, where they saw the body of Honduran, Reniery Adalid Figueroa Garcia, 25, a resident of the San Mateo area. Figueroa’s body had a gunshot wound to the head.

Police investigations have revealed that Figueroa was sitting behind the counter of his business establishment, Dicky’s Store on the lower flat of his property around 8:00 p.m., when two men entered the shop and one of them shot him.

The culprits then escaped by running towards the lagoon.

Police say they do not suspect robbery as the motive of the killing because nothing appears to have been stolen.

Police do not have any suspects thus far.

The Reporter

Re: San Pedro businessman shot dead inside his store [Re: Marty] #530133
04/27/18 02:02 PM
04/27/18 02:02 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Reniery Garcia killed in San Mateo Area

On Thursday, April 26th 25-year-old Honduran National Reniery Adalid Figueroa Garcia, business owner of the San Mateo Area in San Pedro Town was shot and killed. Garcia received one fatal gunshot to the head.

According to the official police report, around 8PM, Garcia’s body was found behind the counter inside his shop, Dicky’s Store, located on the lower flat of his building. Two male persons entered the shop, and one of them fired a single gunshot towards the victim, causing the fatal injury. They then ran towards the lagoon area making their escape. Residents of San Mateo Area are shocked at the news of Garcia’s death, as they knew him to be a good person and not a troublemaker.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Re: San Pedro businessman shot dead inside his store [Re: Marty] #530146
04/28/18 05:06 AM
04/28/18 05:06 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Family Grieves in San Pedro as Killers Slay San Mateo Shopkeeper

There are two murders to report tonight that occurred within fourteen hours of each other; one in San Pedro and the other in Dangriga. We start tonight’s newscast with the execution of a Honduran national on Ambergris Caye on Thursday night in the San Mateo area of that island town. A twenty-five-year-old father of one was shot at point-blank range to the head by one of two men who entered his shop, posing as customers. Within seconds of the shooting, the gunman and his accomplice escaped the area by way of the lagoon. Tonight, there are more questions than answers as police are yet to determine a motive for the slaying of Reniery Garcia, who is described as a person who had no beef with anyone. News Five’s Duane Moody was on the island today and files this report.

Duane Moody, Reporting

A twenty-five-year-old Honduran national was executed on Wednesday night in San Pedro. The father of a four-year-old girl was inside this shop when two men, who posed as customers, entered Dicky’s Store located on the lower flat of this two-storey wooden building. Reports are that one of the men then pulled out a firearm and fired a single shot that caught Reniery Figueroa Garcia in the head. Today, as the family is gripped by the murder of their loved one, Garcia’s aunt, Ubaldina Argenia, says they don’t know why his life was so callously taken.

Voice of: Gualdina Argenia, Aunt of Murder Victim [Translated]

“We don’t know anything. We only know that around eight, he was in his shop working and he was a person that didn’t mess with anyone. He would only be here and upstairs in his house with his daughter. All we know is that we heard a shot while at the church nearby. My son then called me and said that they shot my uncle and they are taking him to the hospital. We reached the hospital before they brought him.”

Police arrived on the scene shortly after to find Garcia’s body seated behind the counter inside the shop. Today, a pair of beladoras and a glass of water marks the spot where the Garcia made his living right up to the moment of his untimely death. After firing the deadly shots, the perpetrators escaped down the street and on a boat on the lagoon, but not before stealing a bicycle from the area.

Voice of: Elsner Pott, Friend of Murder Victim

“I mi di talk to my friends and then when I heard the gunshot, I just hurry come on the next street and see what happen and I see the guys them running. But they left something ina the big house, ina di black one. But from that, they take the curve and dehn gone. They pass by my auntie and thief a bike and they gone by the lagoon and they gone and I no see them again.”

But who would want Garcia dead and why? Police say robbery has been ruled out as a possible motive because no money or anything was stolen. The family and residents in the area are also baffled by the tragedy because Garcia never complained of having problems with anyone.

Voice of: Gualdina Argenia [Translated]

“He didn’t interfere with anyone; he wasn’t a person that was on the street. He didn’t mess with anybody. He lives for his daughter and his wife.”

Duane Moody

“What are the police saying?”

Voice of: Gualdina Argenia [Translated]

“We don’t know anything cause they haven’t said anything to us. We all headed to the hospital as they processed the scene. So we don’t know anything.”

Voice of: Elsner Pott

“I mi know he when I mi fourteen years old and me and he mi like give joke and he is a nice person. I like how he like give joke to everybody and me and he dah friends. But I neva mi know that dehn mi wah kill he.”

Duane Moody

“This has to be a shock right?”

Voice of: Elsner Pott

“Yah…it have to be. But when I hear that they shoot him, I ketch a feelings but I say I can’t do nothing.”

Channel 5

San Pedro Shopkeeper Killed At The Counter

And going now from a municipality not used to murders - to one that has seen too many for its own liking….San Pedro witnessed another killing last night.

It happened in the San Mateo area of the island town. 25 year old Shop-owner Reniery Figueroa Garcia was killed as he sat behind the counter. Two men came in - not to rob - but to kill a man who his family says kept to himself. Sahar Vasquez found out more from his heart broken aunt.

Sahar Vasquez reporting
Dicky's store is usually filled with customers but this morning it was filled with grief. His aunt still in shock grabbed her dead nephew's cap and held it close to her heart with tears pouring out of her eyes.

Last night Reneiry Garcia told his aunt that he would close his shop early because he was tired but he did not end up doing that. An hour before he was about to close, two men in red hoodies stormed into the store and killed the 25-year-old with two shots to the head. His family can't comprehend why. According to them, Garcia was not involved in the world of drugs or crime.

Voice of Aunt
"We don't know what happened, only some little boys that were on the street saw. They were playing in the street. His brother Patricio found him."

"No we don't know only his cellphone was missing. The money was there only his cellphone was missing. We don't know what is the motive why they killed him."

"No no he spent most of his time here in the shop. He was not involved in drugs. Nothing like that."

He was a businessman that worked to serve his customers. He lent a helping hand to many that could not afford to pay.

Voice of Aunt
"He helped people when they came to his store by giving them credit and tell them to pay when they have money. He said he worked to serve the people."

But the most important thing in his life was his family, especially his young daughter. She lit up his world.

Voice of Aunt
"He was a calm person. He did not have bad habits. He was from work to home. He was a person that kept to himself. He never drank. He only works here at his shop. He did not have enemies. I don't know why they killed him."

"He dedicated his life to his wife and child. He really loved his daughter. He adored his mother a lot. She brought him over here."

At the end of the day, All Garcia really wanted in life was to make a future for his family.

Voice of Aunt
"He was my everything. He used to help with everything. He was everything for us. He used to share with me what he would make because I have two children. He would say "aunt I was a better future for my child because we are illegal here. We are Hondurans we will uplift ourselves.""

Now the floor of his store will forever be stained with the memory of his blood and his home has lost its provider, but his spirit lives on in the hearts of his loved ones.

Our reports say police have detained two suspects along with a bag of clothing which matches what one witnesses saw the assailants wearing. Now, the thing is that one of the suspects is a known associate of one of the island's two major drug gangs. We have also learned that a relative of Figueroa was recently convicted of a drug trafficking charge - so police are looking at that angle.

Channel 7

Re: San Pedro businessman shot dead inside his store [Re: Marty] #530217
05/03/18 04:59 AM
05/03/18 04:59 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Minor charged with Reinery Garcia’s murder

A minor has been charged with the murder of 25-year-old Honduran National Reniery Adalid Figueroa Garcia, who was shot and killed on Thursday, April 26th. Garcia received one fatal gunshot to the head while managing his store in the San Mateo Area. Along with the minor, the San Pedro Police have another person in custody who is presently being investigated as an accomplice to the crime.

Despite charging someone for the death of Garcia, a motive is yet to be established. According to Assistant Superintendent, Alejandro Cowo Officer in Charge of Central Intelligence Branch Eastern Division, “So far there is no indication that it is a robbery. We are getting other information as to what led to the death of Garcia but it is still just part of the preliminary investigation at this moment; we can’t release the information.”

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 242 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics68,927
Posts474,654
Members19,406
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.