Tonight the Prime Minister also updated the public on the condition of his ailing back. He's been seeking treatment for years - but with no success. Now, he's contemplating the possibility of surgery or stem cell therapy; he explained:

Rt. Hon. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister
"I travelled in connection with medical consultations. I want to make clear that those consultations have always been and will continue to be about my informal back difficulties. There is as far as I know absolutely nothing else wrong with me in all other respects I am to use that colorful perhaps somewhat inappropriate expression "as healthy as a horse." I don't know I can compare to a horse. I can hardly walk, much less gallop or run, but please know that is all that has troubled me. I go again next week to consult yet another physician, in terms of respective surgery and stem cell treatment. There - I gave you all my business. I've been considering my options long and hard, because if I do proceed with surgery, that will mean I'll be lay up for quite a while. I'll be out of the country for 2-3 weeks and then even when I come back I will not be able to come into office - something like 3 months. So I'm trying to postpone things as long as possible. If I can in any way avoid surgery, that's what I would want to do. But it is becoming more and more problematic."

Channel 7