Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Hi!

Thx for reading this. I hope you can help?

We will be in San Pedro at Capt Morgan for the week of June 10th. We would like to rent a small skiff (15-17 ft) for 3-5 days or a small catamaran (like a Hobie Wave). We have been to an Pedro many times and I already know my way around Mexico Rocks to Shark Ray alley to Hol Chan and a few places in between.

Any suggestions??

Thx! Wes

Last edited by wespark42; 05/21/18 04:42 AM.
J
J
Sorry, there are no boat rentals, you must have a Belize Captain's License

I think you can rent a Hobie Cat without the license restrictions. Not sure from whom, tho.

S
S
Down at Banyan Bay. You'll still need a tour guide to stop off at Hol Chan or Mexico Rocks. No one will rent you a skiff without a captain and you must have a license to operate a motorized vessel.

W
OP Offline
W
OK, Thx for the information about motorized....I'll stick to looking for a small sailboat

Just curious...What about Jet Skis? Hopefully they don't fall into the licensed category?

D
D
Nope no license for jetskies

sanpedro
R
R
There was someone renting Hobbies from Grand Caribe a few years ago. I rented a few times from him but I don't know if he is there anymore. This is only a short walk south of Capt. Morgans. There may have been someone north of Capt. Morgans a few miles I can't remember for sure. Also I think there was someone at Caribbean Villas south of town. All of these where Hobbies I believe but maybe they where some sun fish types at Carb. Villas. Forget about motor boats but yes on jet skies. (Boy I hate them, they are like mosquitoes on the water) They are available at several places along the coast or where.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Currently there are not any hobie rentals on the island. Except perhaps if the resort where you are staying offers them for guest usage. The Belize Sailing Center is working on upgrading all vessels and should be available again in the high season.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.