Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#531030 06/18/18 01:11 PM
B
OP Offline
B

Hello
I moved to Belize last year to help open up a yoga studioIN San Pedro. Upon arrival, I immediately signed up for a work permit ( payed the owner of studio $1,000 American dollars in order to "expedite it" ).
After 8 months, I still ended up with no permit. So I ended up leaving and moving back to the States because clearly it was not financially working out.
I have asked for the money back several times and she says its not refundable, she has also closed down my email so I cant find the original worker permit app with the legalities on it. Where can I find that?
Is she correct? Do I not get reimbursed? $1,000 is a lot of money.
I was also told by my coworker that the permits WERE done and sitting in the office for 4 months, she is claiming that because they were still "in process" that its non-refundable, the $1,000.
But I was lied too and now she wants to keep the money. I just need some advice. thanks
Thank you in advance

Sadly it looks like someone took advantage of you. Expediting fees are not refundable.

I am sorry that your plan didn't work out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 203 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,043
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.