Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53105 06/06/02 09:27 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I am thinking of traveling to Ambergris at the end of June and was wondering if anyone had traveled solo, or knew others who had? I am not too worried about saftey issues, but rather the thought of spending every night holed up in my cabana because I don't have anyone to hang out with. I am not a diver, so I will not have the chance to meet people through this avenue. I guess I was just wondering if this is the kind of place where it is easy to make friends? I am not looking for a single's island, just a vacation where I can meet some interesting people and have a relaxing time. If anyone has any thoughts/advice, I would be grateful.

#53106 06/06/02 10:14 PM
T
T
My hubby and I went to AC last year, and met 2 solo travlers, one male and one female. (they didn't know each other, but met through hanging with us) WE all landed all hanging out together, sharing meals, going out dancing, and one day, three of us four went on a snorkeling trip. I think if you're friendly, hang out at the beach or restaurant and are willing to start conversations, you can hook up with folks. Most activities, social and recreational, are centered around water sports of one kind or another. But you can still souvneir shop, ride the golf carts, bike sunbathe. WE had a GREAT time. Have fun!!

#53107 06/07/02 12:48 AM
L
L
Well,I take it you are a single female traveler? But, if not I am not really sorry. The greatest, funnest place to visit, with or without a traveling companion. Take my word for it.

#53108 06/07/02 08:54 AM
You're gonna love the place! You will meet lots of folks. You are welcome to join us on the 1st at Fidos'. See the June/July thread for details.
Richard

#53109 06/07/02 09:22 AM
yes, i agree. we have met many happy solo travellers there. everyone is friendly with a big smile. just wander up to any bar or restaraunt.

i often hang solo while hubby dives anyway. i bring a CD walkman and sit on the beach and just stare for hours...

no problems. safety is not much of an issue either. enjoy.

#53110 06/07/02 09:31 AM
ellydognme,
This will be my third time traveling alone to AC in a year. I agree with Laurie (whom I met last year there) that it's fantastic for a solo traveling. If you communicate on this message board you will know many people before you even get there. Somehow I managed to glom onto 15 or so people and their signficant others on this board for this coming trip that starts tomorrow. I'm beginning to think I'll need a vacation from vacation because I don't know what condition my condition will be in! [Linked Image]
You will meet many fun people and will never feel left out.
Have fun and post a trip report when you return!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#53111 06/07/02 03:35 PM
HEY GELA--SEE YA TUESDAY NIGHT, girlfriend.

that goes for you too, pier lounge jim.

bye!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.