FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Meloney Arnold Crowned Miss Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2018-2019
Under the glow of a waning full moon, the Miss Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2018-2019 pageant was held on Friday, June 29th on the beach of La Isla Cariñosa. The Master of Ceremonies for the evening was the very engaging Dale McDougall of WAVE Radio and TV who introduced the lovely contestants to a very enthusiastic crowd. Competing for the coveted crown were 18-year-old Meloney Arnold, 17-year-old Normari Blanco, 16 year-old Valerie Arnold, and 18 year-old Yammira Rosado.

Patron Saint Peter honored during Dia de San Pedro
From June 28th to June 30th, San Pedro Town honoured its Patron Saint with the ‘El Dia de San Pedro celebrations. This year, festivities at the Honourable Louis Sylvestre Sporting Complex were witnessed not only by island residents but also by a delegation from the Mexican State of Quintana Roo, headed by the Municipal President of the sub-division Othon P. Blanco, Maria Luisa Alcerreca Manzanero. The different events during the three-day festivities highlighted San Pedro’s beginnings, its rich island culture and its potential to continue being the leading municipality in the country.

Ambergris Today

United States Schools Are Looking For Teachers In Belize
If you are an experienced preschool, primary or high school teacher and you are looking to expand your professional background, this opportunity may interest you. Participate is looking for Belizean teacher candidates. Applicants should be willing to work for a period of three up to five years in U.S. schools. This is the first time that Participate will recruit native teachers from Belize. Participate supports teachers throughout the cultural exchange experience, allowing them to fully develop themselves and share their skills with their students. Participate will be with the elected applicants every step of the way. The teachers will learn about new educational methods, strategies and they also will be familiarized with a new culture. Teachers will have opportunity to share with U.S. students about their own culture. Upon their return to their country, teachers will be able to apply their new knowledge to the Belizean school community.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Vacancy exists for Parenting Educators!
Community and Parenting Empowerment Program

Xcalak & Othon P. Blanco delegation visit San Pedro Town
60 photos.

COLORS BEACH FESTIVAL | Foam + Paint + Water
SATURDAY JULY 21ST AT COROZAL RAINBOW BEACH. Music By: DJ Callie - DJ Kenneth - Generation 2 - DJ Infinity - DeeJay Dev + Special Guest NO FEAR DJS & DJ ODYSSEY. Tickets are now available for $15 Pre Sold (Contact 621-1835). Cover Fee $20 at the gate.

Fiestarama
Fiestarama live performances by Di X Band and From Quintana Roo Mexico, La Red Latina. Jugglin' by Evolution Sounds and video mixing by Dj Oxigeno. July 28th and 29th, Orange Walk People's Stadium.

River to Reef Ambassador Program
A initiative between Build Belize and Green Reef Belize for the conservation and protection of the Northern Belize Coastal Complex, a River to Reef Seascape. The aim of the program is to create Environmental Ambassadors of youths living along the New River. Every year on Earth Day, the children of the River to Reef Ambassador’s Program plant and up-keep Mahogany Trees along the New River Bank to support the filtration of land-based agro-chemicals washed into the New River. Every summer children in the program travel to Basil Jones for a one week camp to experience first-hand the connectivity of the River and the Reef and learn about marine conservation. If you would like to sponsor a child for the River to Reef Ambassador Program, please contact Mr. Julio Uck at 626-2514

Paradise Theater playing this weekend
I Feel Pretty, Super Troopers 2, Stolen Princess, Truth or Dare. (for those who noticed the heat in the big room last week, friday .. we got the A/C fixed for the billionth time .. it's cool once again)

Channel 7

Two Teenagers Charged For Killing Man And Stuffing Him In Couch
Eleazar Chan’s murder was one of the most sensational of the year - and tonight police say two teenagers did it.   On Good Friday, the 42 year old Customs Broker from Luisville village was beaten to death inside his house in Luisville, and then his body was wrapped in a hammock and stuffed in his own couch.   The killers took care to remove his sofa from his living room, put his body inside the sofa, then went to the nearby village of San Pedro and left the couch in a cane field.  A bizarre end, and, a 19 year old and a 15 year old from nearby villages have been charged for murder.  19 year old Ronaldo Marin is from San Luis, and the 15 year old is from San Narciso.

OW South Area Rep Sued For Causing Death
Viewers may remember the traffic accident that Jose Abelardo Mai, the PUP Area Rep. for Orange Walk South, was involved in back in April of 2016. He was driving a Toyota Hilux which ran over Trial Farm resident, Julia Arana on the Belize-Corozal road. Arana survived, but spent 2 difficult months recovering and then, her condition took a sharp dip and she died of acute cardio respiratory failure, caused by broncho pneumonia. Ever since the accident, the Arana family has insisted that Mai was responsible for her demise, and they expected that he would have taken on the financial responsibilities of covering her medical bills and all other expenses they incurred. 

Jules Vs. Julius: Is The Cayo South Rep A Team Player or A Lone Ranger?
We reported on Friday that PUP Cayo South Representative Julius Espat had resigned as Deputy Leader of the West.  This is 4 months after he was re-elected to that post in a National Convention - and a few days before re-registration.  So why did he resign so abruptly - and on the cusp of re-registration?  Today, in a testy interview, he told Jules Vasquez that the Central power in the party stripped away the autonomy of the west, making him a deputy in name only:… Hon. Julius Espat - Resigned PUP Deputy West: "And, of recently, central politics has determined the actions in the west and I believe that’s not the best way of doing. And so I decided you know something, I want the people united party to win. I don’t want to be an obstacle in allowing the west to do better. And so I will just move aside for a little while until he party defines who bets to address the situation in the west. Because the last municipal election was a clear example that there has to be more participation of members of the caucus for the future of the caucus."

Hon. Julius Says Party Has To Be Clearer On Candidates
And, Espat also wants reform also in the process to screen candidates for divisional conventions.  The ongoing convention fiasco in Belmopan has blown up in the PUP’s face - where the party has now had to twice postpone the convention, and re-open the call for applications from interested candidates.  It’s a proper mess and Espat says it could have been avoided if the party would open up to some reform:… Hon. Julius Espat - Cayo South Rep: "The reason I think the party has to do a little more reform. I believe has to consider more people.  I believe the party should be including more people instead of expelling people. And I believe our system of how we decide who should run or not should be defined."

New KHMH Boss Lays Out Her Plan
Last Week Friday, we told you that the KHMH finally named a new CEO, after Dr. Adrian Coye left office in May. She’s Michelle Cox Hoare - who was holding over after Coye.  She comes with 33 years of service in different parts of Belize’s healthcare system. She also holds a Master’s Degree in public health, a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Administration, and she was previously the Director of Nursing Services at the KHMH. Today - the unlikely choice - who, we are told, never even applied for the job - introduced herself to the public with a short press conference. Here’s what she had to say today about the thrust of her leadership of the KHMH:

Owner Of Roadside Bar Brutalized By Robber
A roadside bar on the George Price Highway was robbed early this morning and the proprietor was badly beaten.   50 year old Yunguang Ruan was closing up the M & S nightclub which is near Saint Matthew’s Bridge when a hispanic male attacked him and started beating him with a stick.  He left the bar owner unconscious, with a large open wound to the back of his head.  The attacker then raced off in Ruan’s van - which was later discovered just up the road in Harmonyville. Ruan was admitted to the hospital in an unconscious state.

Where Is Witsil?
A 51 year old Belize City man has been missing since father’s day, the 17th – that is over two weeks now and his daughters are very worried.  He is Ivan Witzil. One of his daughters Carla Garcia told us that she just wants to know if her dad is okay Jovanna Witzil - Daughter: "Last time that I saw him is for father's day, we gone to my house, he come here first because we did a little lunch. So in then night he gone to my house, I give him thing to make him eat and he said okay I'm going to my house because he is a person that like drink. We tell he sometimes you know stop drink, pa stop drink."

Riding To Save Lives
“We Ride to Save Lives” - that’s the theme for the annual Ride Across Belize.  It started today in Corozal and we met the riders after the first leg at the Social Security Headquarters in the city.   Organizer Chandra Nisbet Cansino said that this year it’s about raising money for those suffering with kidney disease:… Chandra Nisbet Cansino - GM, Corporate Customer Relations, SSB : "Today is the 14th annual Ride across Belize. Today is the first stage which is from Corozal to Belize City and that is about a total of about 84 miles. We had about 70 persons sign up at the start which is the bigger signing ups from the beginning.  We arrived about 100 persons in to Belize City today."

Changing Of The Guard At The CCJ
Today in Jamaica, Mr. Justice Adrian Saunders officially took over leadership of the Caribbean Court of Justice, which is the highest court in Belize.   Taking over from Sir Dennis Byron, Saunders becomes the 3rd president of the court.  Belize’s Prime Minister Dean Barrow - whose had his difference with the CCJ - praised the court and its new president at the swearing in which was held today as part of the activities of the 39th Regular Meeting of the CARICOM Heads of Government at the Montego Bay Convention Centre:

Fantasy Five Win Leads To Charity
The Belize City Council is in a revenue crunch - so it welcomed a donation of two patrol bikes at the municipal transport department today.  Councillor Allan Pollard who’s responsible for the Traffic portfolio says that when one guwonwer came up on a fantasy five jackpot, he shared the wealth:… Allan Pollard - City Councillor: "Serrano's bus line, they offered to us to donate 2 motorcycles to the department which was well needed because one of the things here at the department is lack of mobility for the officers and they have to be deployed all over the city and we have 2 mobile vehicles that have to wait and drop off, pick up. So this is very instrumental part of the department now, knowing that 2 officers could mobilize around the city much better."

Traffic Lights Regime Coming To City
We also asked councillor Pollard to comment on the new streetlights on the busiest junction on Central American Boulevard.  The lights at the corner of Vernon Street and the Boulevard have been out of service for years - and just this week we saw some shiny new ones in place.  Pollard told us that we should thank the Ministry of Works:… Allan Pollard - City Councillor: “Well, the new traffic lights, I've seen them up now fully functioning, those under the ministry of works for quite some time even before me getting here, I know the department, the manager has been writing to the ministry to get those up. Every day we have officers in that area, every morning, every evening, it’s a hotspot for us, the intersection, many accidents, so we're very happy for those lights, we thank the ministry for getting those up. We also have in our pipeline some traffic lights in other areas that we identified as key hotspots where we've seen a surge of accidents, so those will be coming soon from other donors outside, they have committed to over 20, possibly 30 so we can't wait to get those as well."

PUP Council Gives Taxi Operators Half Off New Fee
And while those 20 or more traffic lights are a future project, in the here and now Councillor Pollard says his focus has been on taxi operators.   The last UDP Council focussed on organizing the taxi’s into unions and charging a twenty dollar operators’ fee for each cab driver across the 13 unions.  Pollard says - following up on an election promise - the new council has cut that fee in half:… Allan Pollard - City Councillor: "For me that’s been most of my job dealing with the taxi people. Last week we've passed a resolution in the council to slash the current service fee in half, which was 20 dollars per month for each taxi. We slashed that and we brought it down to 10 dollars, so the taxi people they really appreciate it, they operators, the drivers, every appreciates it. So it’s one stepping stone to getting where we want to be and that’s what we campaigned on the platform, we met with a lot of taxi operators before elections and that was the concern from them and we're happy to address that.”

Caring About Cops
A dinner outing, an overnight trip and a gift certificate. That’s what 3 Region 1 officers walked away with as a reward for their outstanding service. Each officer got one prize. Two were rewarded for officer of the month for May and June while the other was recognized for his contribution to the community outreach programs. There was a short handing over ceremony at the Raccoon Street police station this morning where we met the distinguished awardees. Sr. Supt Howell Gillett - Southside Commander: "Three of the officers, one is for the month of May, the other is for the month of June and the third is for the community outreach programs that this guy PC 1414 Shal has been doing. He has been doing the GREAT Program in the prison at the Wagners Youth Facility and he is the person in charge of the cadet at Rocky Road and also at Mayflower Street."

New Deputy For Gritty City
Region 1 Commander Howell Gillett has his Belmopan pal as his new deputy. That’s Superintendent Dwayne Sutherland. Sutherland took up the post on Monday. We spoke with Sutherland at the police awards ceremony and he says he is ready to get to work in the gritty city. Supt. Dwayne Sutherland - Deputy Commander, Region 1: "I am very optimistic in taking up this challenge. I am dedicated and committed in continuing to work with the general public in terms of providing safety and continue with the building of good working relationships with the community." "I believe personally in two main policing strategies and community policing is one for sure and the reason being we can’t solve crime or do much without the assistance of the general public."

San Isidro Cop Concerns
There’s a cry against police from southern Belize - where a family says they were victimized by criminals, and now police refuse to do anything about it.  Last week Thursday in San Isidro village, two men armed with machete and gun appeared at the Pop house and tied up a 15 year old resident, pointed a gun to his head and beat him.   The family says Bella Vista Police didn’t act or appear interested in the report, so they were forced to go to the Independence Police Station where, again, they claim, police refused to take the report.   They say it ended with the 15 year old being remanded - while his attackers walked free. The family says they have taken complaints as far as the professional standards branch in Belmopan, but to no avail - because police seem disinterested. We could not get a comment from the police press office today.

Channel 5

OW South P.U.P. Area Representative Faces Lawsuit from Arana Family
Orange Walk South P.U.P. Area Representative, Jose Abelardo Mai, is before Supreme Court Justice Courtenay Abel. The lawsuit against Mai stems from a traffic accident which occurred on the Phillip [...]

2 Teenagers Are Charged for the April Murder of Eleazar Chan
Police have cracked the murder of forty-two-year-old Eleazar Chan in the Corozal District.  Two persons, including a minor, have been charged for the killing of the Louisville resident.  The body [...]

Meet the New C.E.O. of the K.H.M.H., Michelle Cox-Hoare
The Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital officially introduced today its new Chief Executive Officer who takes over from Doctor Adrian Coye. The new C.E.O. has over three decades of experience in [...]

BERT Responds to Complaints about Ambulances Down
Today, News Five received several reports of BERT being unable to carry out ambulatory services because the emergency vans at the facility were all down. We were able to confirm [...]

CARICOM Leaders Converge on Montego Bay for Annual Heads of Government Meeting
The thirty-ninth CARICOM Heads of Government Meeting got underway this evening in Montego Bay, Jamaica and continues through to Friday.  Belize is represented at the summit of regional leaders by [...]

Sedi Says No Need for Alarm on Belizeans Abroad and Naturalized Guatemalans Re-registering
The national re-registration exercise is in its third day, with centers being established countrywide.  The exercise takes place ahead of next year’s I.C.J. referendum and the upcoming general elections.  Prior [...]

Belize Assumes Pro Tem SICA Presidency from the Dominican Republic
For the next six months, Belize will remain at the helm of the Central American Integrated System, SICA, having assumed the Presidency Pro Tempore on June thirtieth from the Dominican [...]

Is Six Months Too Short for SICA Presidency?
Belize last held Presidency Pro Tempore of SICA in 2014.  According to Orla Cantun-Coleman, Director of International Affairs Cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, even with such rotating presidency, [...]

Rudolph Smith Jr. Not Guilty of Rape
After deliberating for six hours, a jury has found Rudolph Smith Junior not guilty of rape and aggravated assault. The unanimous decision was reached on Tuesday evening in the courtroom [...]

Maje, the Hawksbill Turtle, is Tagged
Sea turtles are a valuable part of marine ecosystems because they help to preserve sea grass beds which are important for shelter and resource to many other sea organisms.  But the [...]

CitCo is Gifted 2 Cycles
The Belize City Council received two brand new cycles from a charitable Ladyville resident, Hernan Serrano, the owner of Serrano’s Bus Line. According to Serrano’s wife, he took home two [...]

Kidney Association to Benefit from Annual Ride Across Belize
The annual Ride Across Belize got underway this morning in Belize City and continues through to Friday. This year from the proceeds raised, the Social Security Board will be making [...]

Belize Police Department Recognizes 3 of Their Own
Commander of Region One of Eastern Division, Senior Superintendent of Police, Howell Gillett rewarded three of his police officers for a job well done. Police officers Christopher Smith, Evaristo Cob [...]

Eastern Division Region One Has New Deputy Commander
Region One of Eastern Division has a new Deputy Commander and he is Superintendent Dwayne Sutherland.  Sutherland, who was previously the Commander of the Belmopan Police Formation, has nineteen years [...]

Justice Adrian Saunders Ascends to Presidency of the Caribbean Court of Justice
A change in the leadership of the Caribbean Court of Justice took place earlier today during a ceremony which paved the way for a three-day meeting of CARICOM heads.  The [...]

Summer Camp for South Side Kids
Youths Creating Talent is hosting a one-month free of cost summer camp for children on the south side at the Cumberbatch Field. The grassroots organization says that they have received [...]

Belizean Violinist Selected for Orchestra of the Americas European Tour
Professional violinist Cindy Burgos left the country today for a European Tour as part of the Orchestra of the Americas. Burgos, who has been playing the violin since she was [...]

LOVE FM

Family claims police refused to take their statement following an attack upon a family member
A family in San Isidro Village in the Toledo District is alleging that Independence police has refused to take their statement about an incident that involved a member of their family since June 28. That person, identified as Jose Pop has been remanded to prison but the circumstances surrounding his detention, at least the family’s …

Activist groups say PUDP benefit from re-registration of former Guatemalan nationals
Activist groups, BUFERHD, The PEACE Movement, Northern Territorial Volunteers and the Belize Territorial Volunteers, including two groups from the diaspora, BREDDA and Belize Diaspora Voting Rights are opposing the inclusion of Naturalized Belizeans of Guatemalan origin onto the voters list. In a press conference on Tuesday, President of BUFERHD Derek Aikman expressed their determination …

Service fees for Belize City taxi operators is cut in half
The Belize City Council has made some adjustments to the fares charged to taxi drivers in the city. Councilor Allan Pollard says it was a decision made at a recent meeting and even though the council is strapped for cash, the move will not further cripple the council’s purse. Councilor Allan Pollard: Last week we …

Julius Espat makes no headway in proposed changes to the Public Accounts Committee
This is not the first time that the Cayo South Area Representative Julius Espat has rallied under the banner of transparency and accountability. One of his bigger campaigns has been to depoliticize the Public Accounts Committee and its functions. Espat, who serves as the Chair of the Committee says that his fight has not really …

Lottery winner donates new cycles to Belize City Traffic Department
This afternoon, Serrano’s Bus Line, which operates out of Ladyville made a donation to the traffic department. Proprietor Tenisha Serrano handed over two Honda brand motorcycles to the department, a gesture that the couple decided upon after her husband won the fantasy five lottery recently. Proprietor Tenisha Serrano: My husband won the fantasy five and …

Julius Espat and PUP share different views on post of Deputy Leader
Area Representative for Cayo South Julius Espat is no longer a Deputy Leader of the People’s United Party. On Monday, the Area Representative tendered his resignation from the post, which the party accepted. He has said, however, that the move does not mean that he is bitter with his party or that he is stepping …

National Hurricane Center monitoring two tropical disturbances
The National Hurricane Center in Florida is monitoring two tropical disturbances. [ORANGE] Environmental conditions appear conducive for some development of this system, and a tropical depression could form before the end of the week while the system moves west-northwestward and then northward between Bermuda and the east coast of the United States. The system is …

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

An Open Letter to Evan X Hyde
Dear Mr. Hyde, I have enjoyed reading your newspaper and editorials for many many years, and have responded a few times before. This time I am writing in response to your editorial in the June 29 Amandala, titled “Belize or Israel: country or God?” […]

National dilemma: Naturalized Belizeans (Guatemalans) versus born bred Belizeans in the diaspora
The nation is currently engaged in a countrywide clean up of the voters’ list but there […]

PM Barrow to deliver remarks at CARICOM Heads of Government meeting
Belize’s Prime Minister Dean Barrow, who is currently in Jamaica, is set to speak at the […]

Medical Director for BERT completes fellowship
On June 29, 2018, the Belize Emergency Response Team (BERT) congratulated their Medical Director, Dr. Rigo […]

Young man and minor charged for murder
Police have detained and charged two persons for the murder of 42-year-old Eleazar Chan that happened in Corozal […]

Belizean group intends to challenge 2008 ‘Compromis’
A group of Belizeans, under the name, the Peace Movement, intend to challenge the constitutionality […]

New Children’s Book to be launched this Friday
The Image Factory Art Foundation today announced the latest book presentation, Keron Flies His Kite, […]

Businessman beaten and robbed this morning
Belmopan police are investigating a robbery that left a businessman severely injured this morning. According […]

Belize city man reported missing
A 51-year-old man from Cockburn Lane, Belize city has been reported missing. Ivan Roger Witzil […]

CARICOM celebrates 45th Anniversary with Heads of Government meeting
The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) is celebrating the 45th anniversary of its founding today. CARICOM is […]

International Sourcesizz

Could Nouvelle Belizean Cuisine Become The Nation’s Next “Cultural…
Belize’s impressive showing at a recent “Culinary Olympics of the Caribbean” highlights the skills of a new generation of Belizean cooks who are combining ancient Maya culture with global influences to forge a Nouvelle Belizean Cuisine, according to The Lodge at Chaa Creek. Chaa Creek managing director Bryony Fleming Bradley was congratulating Belizean chefs returning from the “Taste of the Caribbean” culinary competition held in Florida June 22 to 26 2018. She said the Belizean delegation, who returned to the competition after a fifteen year hiatus, out performed expectations to bring home a silver and three bronze medals amid strong competition from more experienced Caribbean national teams. “Because Belize had been absent from the competition for so long, it entered as somewhat of a dark horse, so having such a strong showing took people by surprise,” she said.

Unitel roaming service arrives in Belize
Unitel's roaming services has arrived for the first time in Belize, Central America, through a partnership with local operator Belize Telemedia Limited, reports Angop. In Central America, Unitel already has voice roaming partnerships in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. In addition to voice roaming, the partnership with Belize Telemedia Limited also includes the provision of a GPRS bilateral roaming service for the sharing of mobile data. Unitel also reinforced the data roaming service in Sierra Leone, through a new local partnership with operator Africell, the second roaming partner in the country. This partnership will ensure the provision of bilateral GSM and GPRS services to Unitel customers.

How we’re solving the mystery of whale shark hotspots
The whale shark is the largest fish in the world, but much of its lifecycle remains shrouded in mystery. These gentle giants gather in just a handful of places around the globe – something which has long baffled scientists – but our new research has started to explain why. Better understanding of whale shark movements could help prevent further population loss in a species that has already experienced a 63% population decline over the past 75 years. When swimming solo, the whale shark, which can grow up to 18.8 metres in length and 34 tons in weight, travels all over the world. Recently, a group of scientists tracked the remarkable journey of one whale shark across the Pacific from Panama to the Philippines. At more than 12,000 miles it proved to be one of the longest migrations ever recorded. Yet whale sharks are known to come together at just a few specific locations around the world. Anything from ten to 500 whale sharks may gather at any one time in areas off the coasts of Australia, Belize, the Maldives, Mexico and more.

Videos

• Hawksbill Hope-Saving the Most Beautiful Turtle for Belize, 7min. Sea turtles are a valuable part of marine ecosystems because they help to preserve sea grass beds which are important for shelter and resource to many other sea organisms. But the reality is that sea turtles all over the world are threatened, particularly the Hawksbill Sea Turtle, which has been listed as critically endangered with a decreasing population. The Hawksbill is protected by law in Belize and coupled with a number of initiatives to safeguard the species; Belize has a thriving population of the sea turtle. One organization that is doing turtle conservation is the Gales Point Wildlife Sanctuary. Since the 1990’s, they have been working to protect turtle eggs and study the species. The sanctuary has partnered with a non-profit called Hawksbill Hope and Marymount University of the U.S.A to track their migration patterns. Today, Reporter Andrea Polanco and Videographer Chris Mangar travelled to Gales Point Village and file this report.

• Channel 5 Obituaries, 5min.

• Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System - delisted from the UNESCO's list, min.

• Inauguration Ceremony of President of the Caribbean Court of Justice, 75min. Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Dean Barrow speaking at the Inauguration Ceremony of the new President of the Caribbean Court of Justice.

• Plastic Pollution in Red Bank, 1min. First place winner for World Environment Day video competition

• San Pedro, Belize Trip 2018, 8min.

• Island Adventure in San Pedro, Belize, 6min.

• Warasa Drum School, Punta Gorda Belize, 11min. Warasa Drum School is located in Punta Gorda in the southern end of Belize. Punta Gorda. Ray as he is called teaches drumming and the making of drums, the songs and dances of the Garifuna people in this video we dropped in and Ray, and he allowed us to video some of things you can do there .. please contact the school for a list of everything they do. We had a great afternoon and will go back again .. thanks to Ray and his students, Thomas and his son Sarkan..

• Belize City + Caye Caulker, 14min.