Print Thread
2nd Annual Grand Caribe DeepSea Classic #531509
07/26/18 11:24 AM
07/26/18 11:24 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
[Linked Image]

It’s that time of year again, The Grand Caribe Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament is back! We are excited and looking forward to our second annual international tournament to be held the weekend of August 10th – 12th. This year we have even more cash and prizes, totaling to over $50,000, thanks to our many sponsors.

The weekend-day event is scheduled to kick off with a briefing night followed by a Captain’s and Angler’s dinner on Thursday August 9th starting at 6pm. Then the big event starts on Friday August 10th at 7am at our dock and end on Sunday August 12th at 2pm, where awards and prizes will be given out. The deadline for registration is Thursday August 9th at 10pm.

To make it easier to participate in this event, we are once again offering amazing discounted rates on luxury accommodations to participants of the tournament.

Apart from Grand Caribe Belize, the primary sponsors are the Belize Game Fishing Tournament, Belize Coastal Zone Management Authority & Institute, the Belize Tourism Board, Benny’s, and BenQuip.

Contact us at +501-280-4726 or email us at guestrelations@grandcaribebelize.com for more information or to sign up!

In addition, the other organizations sponsoring this tournament includes:

Concept Studios
Rain Restaurant
Adventure Travel Solutions
Caribeña Enterprises
A&R Enterprise
SMART Belize
Ambergris Divers
Tuff E Nuff Tours
The Palapa Bar & Grill
The Beach Basket
Atlantic Bank
Captain Shark’s
The Beverage Division at Karl H Menzies
Maya Island Air

==============================

Grand Caribe Belize to Host 2nd Annual International Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament

Anglers of all ages are invited to the 2nd Annual International Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament sponsored and hosted by Grand Caribe Belize this August 10th-12th in Ambergris Caye, Belize.

Home to the only official International Game Fishing Association (IGFA) approved weigh station in Belize and in the region, Grand Caribe Belize is excited to announce the second annual fishing tournament at Ambergris Caye, Belize, on August 10th to 12th, 2018.

This tournament is offering over $50,000 in cash and prizes with 1st place receiving $17,000, 2nd place receiving $11,500, 3rd place receiving $8,000, 4th place receiving $5,000 and 5th place receiving $2,000. There will also be a series of other prizes awarded in the tournament. Grand Caribe is also offering incredible discounted rates making accommodations affordable to all participants.

The briefing for the tournament begins August 9th at 6:00 pm at Grand Caribe. There is a registration fee of $1,200 with an additional $50 fee for adult guests and $25 for guests under 18 years old. All entries must be received by 10 pm Thursday, August 9th, 2018 to be eligible for the tournament.

Grand Caribe Belize is excited to work with the following organizations to put on the tournament this year – the Belize Game Fishing Association, Benny’s Home Center, BenQuip, Belize Coastal Zone Management and the Belize Tourism Board. Other sponsors for this year’s Deep Sea Fishing Classic includes Concept Solutions, Adventure Travel Solutions, A&R Enterprises, Ambergris Divers, Palapa Bar, Atlantic Bank, The Beverage Division at Karl H Menzies, Rain Restaurant, Caribeña Enterprises, SMART, Tuff E Nuff Tours, Beach Basket, Captain Sharks and Maya Island Air. The Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament is a family friendly event opened to the public.

For more information about this event, please contact Amy Leiva at 501-226-4726 or write to guestrelations@grandcaribebelize.com or visit www.grandcaribebelize.com/tournament.

Re: 2nd Annual Grand Caribe DeepSea Classic [Re: Marty] #531806
08/13/18 04:38 AM
08/13/18 04:38 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Day Two of Three of the Grand Caribe Deep Sea Classic

I am no fisherman. I dabbled at it as a kid…bobbers and Sunfish with my brothers…but it just didn’t stick. I don’t have that primal urge…the hunter gene. And I am horrible at mono-tasking and patience…my mind tends to ping all over the place. I don’t think I’ll ever be a fisherman.

And while I’ve learned a great deal about flyfishing thru my boyfriend and his business, Cayo Frances Farm & Fly, the sum-total of my knowledge about deep sea fishing hovers around zero.

BUT when I saw this sign hanging in town and the CASH AND PRIZES AMOUNT OF $50,000? I had to know more.

And after seeing photos on Instagram of some really crazy looking fish…I wanted to stop by in person to catch the action.

Here are some of the photos from Day One. 29 boats. 3 from Mexico. About 10 from Belize City and a few from Southern Belize. The rest from Ambergris Caye.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

Re: 2nd Annual Grand Caribe DeepSea Classic [Re: Marty] #531807
08/13/18 04:53 AM
08/13/18 04:53 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Sunday was the last day of the 2nd Annual Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament sponsored by Grand Caribe, Belize in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye! Here are some random photos of the tournament, we picked up Sunday is the last day of the 2nd Annual Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament sponsored by Grand Caribe, Belize in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye! Here are some random photos of the tournament, we picked up courtesy of Belize Game Fish Association, Uprising Tours and Grand Caribe Belize.

DAY 3! What an exciting weekend! Another successful tournament! Congratulations to the crew from Noh Worry Bout Notin and all the others who participated! We look forward to having you join us again next year! Its gonna be bigger, better and more exciting!

The winners for the 2nd Annual Deep Sea Classic Fishing Tournament 2018 are:
1st Place - Nuh Worry Bout Notin.
2nd Place - Knotty Pirate.
3rd Place - As You Wish (Tarpon Caye Lodge).
4th Place - Trophy Hunter.
5th Place - Seaductress.
Top Female Angler – Alyssa Arceo - Seaductress
Heaviest Wahoo – Alyssa Arceo - Seaductress

Great job guys!

Click photos for more pictures!

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 289 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics67,929
Posts472,151
Members19,292
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.