Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#531415 07/20/18 09:37 AM
S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello

I'm new to the forum and my GF and I are thinking about buying some lots in secret beach area. Any locals have insight on this area? We are planning a trip down around fall or early winter. We want to retire there in about 10 years.

Thank you
Scott

C
C
Since no one has spoken up yet, I will. First thing, I don't live locally. I will within the year, but that's another story. The area has grown and has become more popular in the last few years (it's not a secret anymore). There are plenty of lots for sale headed out that way (Belizian Shores). I am hoping that you have been there to see for yourself. I was last there in May. I ride my bike there from just south of town (takes about 1 hour 15 minutes). There is a lot of speculation on future values based on neighboring island development. Be cautious! There are lots of lots for sale on the island. Understanding value takes a lot of research. Buying and building in remote areas will cost more than in populated areas.

Just my opinion.

My company has a fair number of lots listed in this area. Depending on location, size etc you will find that lots off the water start from around $14K USD up to $100K. There are only a handful of lots available on the beach and prices are currently starting around $130K however if you are willing to purchase further north the price drops down to around $75 - 100K and again each lot has its own merits and detractions depending on what your needs are.

Indeed the cost of developing in remote locations is costly to accomplish and maintain. Sometimes the money you saved in the initial purchase doesn't always justify the cost of development, maintenance and general overheads.

J
J
Do you know who actually owns and rents out the land the restaurants & bars are sitting on out at Secret Beach ? We went were there again 2 days ago, unfortunately it's turning into a garbage pit again. Seems like it was cleaned up for awhile, now it's going right back to trash everywhere. Sad that the businesses don't get it !!

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks great info and I haven't been to the island or Belize as of yet. I'm definitely doing my research.

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you Amanda, we are still in our beginning stages of all this. I want to make sure its a solid investment with a return if we would decide say on another lot or a condo. I also heard of 2nd row lots around $32k.

There are some developers and their developments that rely heavily on that well known phrase attributed to P T Barnum.

J
JEL Offline
J
Originally Posted by Jameela01
Do you know who actually owns and rents out the land the restaurants & bars are sitting on out at Secret Beach ? We went were there again 2 days ago, unfortunately it's turning into a garbage pit again. Seems like it was cleaned up for awhile, now it's going right back to trash everywhere. Sad that the businesses don't get it !!

Town Council needs to set up garbage cans and have a pick up out at Secret Beach. I am getting tired of cleaning up after all the tourists leave as well as locals. Something needs to be done. I have seen both locals and tourists leave with the garbage they have come with and when they get into GBE they just throw it by the side of the road.

JEL #532290 09/14/18 05:30 AM
Why should the Town Council have to incur the expense of private business and individuals trash? That should be a cost of doing business and fines for littering. It is the Town Council, not the Island Council.

Last edited by bywarren; 09/14/18 06:17 AM.
The town council is the entity that grants the bars and restaurants the licenses to do business - so I would say that it does have some responsibility. It should make an extra charge for garbage pick up and I believe their trades licenses fees should be sufficient to help cover the costs of the added police patrols, traffic patrols and road fixing etc required by these businesses and the patrons. An environment tax would be good and maybe a toll on the road too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.