Print Thread
Gary Greif to contest Manuel Heredia Jr’s BRS seat #531654
08/04/18 04:45 AM
08/04/18 04:45 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP

Minister Heredia Confident that He is Unbeatable

Whether Greif’s application will be accepted or not will be known next week after the party’s vetting committee meets. But disrespect aside, Heredia Junior is confident that he is unbeatable.

Manuel Heredia Jr., Area Rep., Belize Rural South

“I don’t focus too much on what the news says about me or my constituents. I focus on what I have to do on a day to day basis here in Caye Caulker and San Pedro and the goods and services that both islands have gotten from this representative. I don’t believe…it will take a while before another representative like myself can come around. Gary is my family; but I believe that this is not his time. I believe that probably he might have a bright future later on in the years to come. But any politician that wants to come around in my constituents, if they stick close to me, they have stand no chance to win an election because I am well known on this island and well respected that I am very confident that if I have to go to a convention with anyone….It is not yet the time for anyone. And when I am ready to retire, anybody that comes around that I feel can do a job—cause indeed there has to be new blood, but there is time for everyone. I don’t think it is the time for my cousin to go over there; he is not ready he is not prepared.”

Channel 5

Re: Gary Greif to contest Manuel Heredia Jr’s BRS seat [Re: Marty] #531728
08/08/18 03:55 AM
08/08/18 03:55 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP

Step Aside Heredia Says Greif, Allow New Blood for Belize Rural South

The question, however, is what motivated Greif’s ambition for higher office. The two-term councillor says that residents are clamouring for a change to develop San Pedro and Caye Caulker. Greif says that Minister Heredia needs to step aside and allow new blood in the constituency.

Gary Greif, U.D.P. Candidate, Belize Rural South

“I did not know that Minister Heredia had been appointed king maker, but we are in a democracy and the people will respond.  I have been working in this community; I would not have applied and put in my application if I hadn’t heard and spoken to people that are saying Gary, I think you could do it. I did not go there on a whim. I do have the support of my family, my fiancé of course is on board and if I didn’t have her support I wouldn’t be here. And even more so, the community in general; anywhere I go the people are ready for a change and I believe I will offer that for them. I believe that there should be more autonomy given to the municipalities. I believe San Pedro Town Council and the Caye Caulker Village Council should manage their affairs. One of my main goals to go to Belmopan is to work to that effect—to give both San Pedro Town Council and Caye Caulker Village Council more rights to manage their own affairs. Let them decide which vehicles coming to the islands. We’re standing here on the beach, you can see the piers all in front of us…for the pier permit fees to be collected on both islands and for that money to stay here for the development of the islands. I think Minister Heredia has done many great things in his four terms, but I honestly think it is time to pass on the baton. When you play football and you bring in new man, those are fresh legs and I believe I have those fresh legs.”

Channel 5

Gary Greif confirmed to contest Manuel Heredia Jr’s BRS seat in the UDP
San Pedro Town Councillor Gary Greif is confirmed to contest the United Democratic Party (UDP) convention against incumbent Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Honourable Manuel Heredia Jr., for the Belize Rural South seat in the upcoming General Elections 2020. Greif’s approval of his candidacy was confirmed on Saturday, August 4th. Since then, both Heredia and Greif have shared their thoughts with the media. Greif believes that BRS needs new blood and that he has a healthy chance to beat four-term Heredia, who stated that Greif’s ambition to take over his seat may cause the end of his young political career.

Heredia calls Greif’s application for standard bearer ‘disrespectful’. According to him, there is always a time for everything, and Greif should have waited. “There is a time when I will decide to step down and at that point, I will support anybody that comes around,” said Heredia. “But if you want to come in without the support of our executive, without the support of myself, you are looking for a disaster. You are looking to probably finalize your career before you start.” Heredia added that he feels betrayed, since he helped Greif become what he is today in politics.

Re: Gary Greif to contest Manuel Heredia Jr’s BRS seat [Re: Marty] #533388
11/21/18 06:14 AM
11/21/18 06:14 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP

Heredia to Gary: Creep, Don’t Run

The United Democratic Party is in the middle of its convention season with dates and candidates having been established for eleven divisions prior to the Port Loyola Convention on November fourth. There is; however, one division for which a convention date has not been set. That is the Belize Rural South constituency, which is currently being represented by Tourism Minister Manuel Heredia Junior. Heredia is being challenged by present San Pedro Town councilor, Gary Grief, who announced his candidacy in August. According to Grief, the voters of Belize Rural South want change and that change is him. On the other hand, Heredia wants to run for office for a fifth term and he is advising Grief to creep before he runs in order to avoid unnecessary spending. 

Manuel Heredia Jr., U.D.P. Area Representative, Belize Rural South

“I hear that I am being challenged. I don’t know the outcome of that as yet. Headquarters has not informed as to when my convention will be. You know me well; I am always prepared for anything that comes. It is not easy to win me. I am always on the look. I am always taking care of my people. And I am always up to registration, transfers and everything that will come along so whatever is around I am prepared and ready and I know I will b e successful.”

Hipolito Novelo

“Sir how do you answer the criticism, respectfully, that it is time for the ‘old heads’ to be replaced by the ‘young blood?”

Heredia Manuel Jr.

“Well yes, I agree.”

Hipolito Novelo 

“Not now for you.”

Heredia Manuel Jr.

“I have always said that whenever the times come, this one coming around will be my last one. Win or lose, it will be my last one. I’ve always told even the challenger at this point; you have to creep, walk and then run. If you try to run at one time you will fall down and will never get up again. So I will train, I will court anybody who wants to come over there and work with him, get him ready for whatever election. Whoever challenges me before the time, he has no hope in having my support in the future. It is unnecessary monies that I will have to spend knowing that there is no chance for anyone that wants to contest me to win in a convention. But the monies that you will spend you could have saved that for the general elections. Nonetheless, democracy is around and we are a party that we believe, we have to democratic parties I believe. I am surprise by the young person that we have our executive meetings. We invite him over there to try to see what his thoughts are. He will never be present at that. We have town council meetings where we want to discuss; once he knows that I am there he will not be present over there. So I believe it is some disrespect to the party, some disrespect to himself and myself and I believe that the party deserves better than that.”

Channel 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 238 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics68,927
Posts474,651
Members19,406
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.