Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53166 05/07/02 03:19 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I'm planning a trip for June and I want things to be perfect. I had pretty much settled on Ambergris Caye, though some locations in Placencia have piqued my interest as well.

Looking for suggestions as to why I should chose one over the other. The places I liked in Placencia looked a little primitive, but pretty cool -- I just don't want them to be scary primitive, you know?

Also, in AC I'm looking at Belizean Shores right now. A friend stayed at Mata Chica and loved it, though that's out of my price range. Belizean Shores has the best deal for what appears to be a nice property. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks so much

#53167 05/07/02 03:40 PM
S
S
I'll update you on Belizean Shores when I get back on May 24th...they do have a great deal which is why I picked it. I've been doing my research since this my first trip down and I'd thik you'd be happy baseing your vacation on A/C and you can go inland whenever you like. Considering the country is so small.

#53168 05/07/02 08:45 PM
there are so many choices on ambergris...tell us what you want, and maybe someone can help you find the perfect place.

party? quiet? etc.

#53169 05/07/02 09:15 PM
T
T
I have been to both places...Ambergris and Placencia. They have very different atmospheres. Ambergris has the mood of really having a lot to do, being very tourist oriented, with a lot of services, restaurants and conveniences. Placencia, at least the village itself, is more of a mellow fishing village that has started recently to have more tourism, but is not as tourist oriented, in my opinion, as Ambergris. That makes it more mellow, laid back. The beach in Placencia is gorgeous (sea grass though!), and really gives you a chance to RELAX. You could spend the whole day lolling on the beach, reading in a hammock, just chillin!!! Ambergris has more "stuff" goin on. BUT, I have not been back to Placencia since Hurricane Iris, and I dont' know how much they've rebuilt. They BOTH have their charms. It just depends on what you want. You can do snorkeling, scuba, nature hikes, at both places.

#53170 05/08/02 10:37 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Well, I'm taking my girlfriend and we want a little bit of both -- some privacy and seclusion, yet still within close enough proximity to enjoy some island fare and local restaurants -- especially since we'll be there 8 nights. With that in mind I'm thinking AC is better for us, since in Placencia we would probably be relegated to the same restaurant every night. I want to enjoy blue water and a good beach with relative privacy, but also go out for a good dinner and some drinks outside.

So, if AC, I guess it's down to hotels. Belizean Shores has the best offer right now. The Palms looks nice but isn't quite as affordable (though close). The Blue Tang Inn also has decent rates. Thoughts anyone?

[This message has been edited by FosterStars (edited 05-08-2002).]

#53171 05/08/02 12:10 PM
Yeah, my choice would be Belizian Shores. See BZS post on this current board.

#53172 05/08/02 12:10 PM
Yeah, my choice would be Belizian Shores. See BZS post on this current board.

#53173 05/09/02 07:59 AM
K
KJ Offline
K
We were at Belizean Shores last month. We loved it. If you want seclusion, but still have access to restaurants just a couple minute walk from BS and a 20 minute bike (bikes are free) ride to town or water taxi to town (which is $5 US each way). See the current BS message board.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.