Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Umpara Offline OP
OP Offline
U
finally narrowing things down. any ideas on these hotels? we know what we want. room directly on the beach front, pool/poolbar, fine dining, casual dining, spa, all in a nice resort. Would love this on the southern side, if not we could do the northern. don't want much huh? anyway, we're willing to pay for these amenities. we deserve a good vacation after all......

Since you want a pool, you should know that Mata Chica and Portofino don't have swimming pools. Also all three places are on North Ambergris.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
i think you are forgetting this is ambergris. it is wonderful and i love it, but if you are looking for a 5-star US quality resort ala 'sandals', it might not be the place for you. or maybe lower your expectations (not standards) a bit.

anyone have a better suggestion for them? victoria house? banyan bay?

T
T
I would definitely say that you should check out Victoria House. We stayed there a few weeks ago and had the best time. The grounds are beautiful, they have a great pool, a nice restaurant, a gorgeous beach...I could go on and on. It is located south of town. We had a golf cart for the week and it only took about 10 minutes or so to get into town...not bad at all. We loved it!

S
S
We are going to Ambergris Caye for the first time in September. A few of the message boards say Ramon's Village is too touristy but we decided it has everything we want. Our room is 25' from the water. Wonderful pool with bar service. Good restaurant and conveniently located. If you're willing to pay a bit more I would suggest checking it out.

K
K
Umpara, had you checked out Captain Morgan's website? It seems that they have the greatest beach on the island. They are 15mins North of the town and their resort amenities are almost all inclusive. I am planning a vacation well deserved and it seems like a very cool place...
www.belizevacation.com

Peace. KD

M
M
My wife and I were in the same boat. A couple of things helped us decide on Cap'n Morgans though. One, they have a pool and two; they take care of all of your travel arrangements from Belize City to the resort (covered in the cost of the package). Not that that would have been difficult, it's just one less thing to worry about. Portofino and Mata Chica, while both look beautiful, they seemed too far north.

i have not stayed at any of these places, but please remember...it is hard to tell from a website. i did this for JE, and while very pretty, i will not stay there again.

remember...keep repeating, "3rd world country".

It is an attractive beach, but I wouldn't say Captain Morgan's has the "greatest beach on the island." Nice to look at, but kind of a mucky bottom on the water off the beach.

Lots of places have beaches that are equal to it or perhaps nicer in some ways. Victoria House and Mata Chica, for two. Mar de Tumbo south is a good beach, and way up north are some nice stretches of beach.

Our revised star ratings for the top hotels in Belize (including those on Ambergris Caye) are:

Five Stars HHHHH
One of the top hotels in the Caribbean. It is professionally run and guest-focused with an unusually striking location, architectural design and/or facilities. It likely has superior amenities and, while expensive, offers value for the money.

Blancaneaux Lodge, Mountain Pine Ridge
Cayo Espanto, Ambergris Caye
Inn at Robert's Grove, Seine Bight (Placencia)
Lodge at Chaa Creek, San Ignacio

Four Stars Plus HHHH+
One of the very best hotels in Belize, with a dependably high level of hospitality, an emphasis on service to guests and a superior location or architectural design. It likely has amenities not available in lower-rated hotels, such as a noteworthy restaurant or sophisticated decor.

Caye Chapel Golf Resort, Caye Chapel
Chan Chich Lodge, Gallon Jug
Ek 'Tun Lodge, San Ignacio
Hamanasi, Hopkins
Mata Chica, Ambergris Caye
Radisson Fort George, Belize City
Victoria House, Ambergris Caye
Villas at Banyan Bay, Ambergris Caye

Four Stars HHHH
One of the best hotels in Belize, with a dependably high level of hospitality, an emphasis on service to guests and a superior location or architectural design.

Banana Bank Lodge, Belmopan
Banana Beach, Ambergris Caye
duPlooy's, San Ignacio
The Great House, Belize City
Jaguar Paw, Belmopan
Jaguar Reef Lodge, Sittee Point/Hopkins
Kanantik Reef & Jungle Resort, Hopkins
Kitty's Place, Placencia
Lamanai Outpost Lodge, Indian Church
Luba Hati, Seine Bight (Plancencia)
Mopan River Resort, Benque Viejo del Carmen
The Palms, Ambergris Caye
Ramon's Village, Ambergris Caye
Rum Point Inn, Placencia

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.