Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#531397 07/19/18 09:00 AM
T
OP Offline
T
My husband and I am headed to ambergris caye to look at
Properties In September... I hear so many things about people saying that it's affordable to live there but then of course I have people say that it's way too expensive to live there ...asking from expats who live there...without rent if you own your property what is monthly average costs

Michele cisneros
Your lifestyle is going to play a big role in average costs. Do you like to go out to dinner often? Do you like to go to social events? Are you a home body? Do you use air-conditioning 24/7, do you need very high internet speeds? Do you like to cook and eat local food (chicken, rice and beans) or are you a gourmet chef?

You should be able to comfortably live within a budget of $1,500 USD per month excluding rent and depending on your lifestyle you can adjust that up or down.

D
D
Curious what high speed internet would run down in Ambergris Caye since opening a business and think will need high speed internet there and possibly a home. Moving down soon.

Doug Robinson
There are a bunch of different speed plans. I think they start around $40 USD per month and go up from there. I believe I use a plan that costs around $100 USD per month.

What type of business are you opening?

The cost of living in there depending on how you want to live. Some people live luxurious life in there and some live simple. People do spend $100 (USD) a day some lives within $10 a day. So its all depends on your way of living.

Last edited by Fisherjames731; 08/31/18 06:39 AM.

Belizean Food Lover, Traveller, Belize Real Estate Agent
S
S
Hi
One thing I can't see in the conversation is average price of home insurance for a new home on the beach
Thanks

G
G
If you can afford a new house on the beach... you can afford the insurance.

Insurance for an all-concrete beach home runs about 1% of value insured. This is for all-perils - fire, flood, hurricane, earthquake etc, with a very reasonable deductible.

E
E
the insurance down here is pretty cheap...what till you see the taxes! you will smile so wide you could eat a banana sideways.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.