Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I hope this is not true but I heard that Coastal Express is near bankrupt and owes Amigos Del Mar quite a bit of money. I also heard they are raising their rates but it might be too little too late. I wonder if it is time for a small bus service here. Maybe from just north of the bridge to X'Tan Ha or so.

I also hope this is not true - as a community we need this service.

If this is true ......

Timing is horrific - School starts shortly - Children are going to school on these boats - and the Xpress has given them attractive/subsidized rates so they can do that. Impact on northern properties/community ?? Big - it will be nearly impossible for families with children to live more than a short distance from town because their kids won't be able to get to and from school safely and affordably.

Community Safety will be impacted - big-time. Over the years Coastal Xpress (especially Eddie Ancona - thank you Eddie!) has pitched in to provide emergency ambulance-type runs for health issues - I know this for a fact - I was picked up in the middle of the night in a storm whilst having a severe gall-bladder attack (thought it was a heart-attack). It was Coastal that did the rescue at Cliff Kirk's when he was shot recently. From the time of the inception of first the Island Ferry and subsequently the Coastal Express these water-taxi services have been unsung heroes.

The road has negatively impacted the water-taxi business, but it's still an important part of the fabric of the town. A VERY important part.

Latest rumor - and lets hope it is true - Coastal sold to new owner and will continue operations.

Additional comment ...... I saw Coastal go by this morning.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.