Next Thread
Print Thread
First MMA event to be held in San Pedro! #532154
09/05/18 05:14 AM
09/05/18 05:14 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

On Sunday, September 2nd, Caribbean Villas beach south of San Pedro Town was the setting for the official presentation of the upcoming Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) event to be held on the island on October 20, 2018. Present during the event was Martin Dawson, representing Dawson’s Pit Fighters training school, Sergio Rosado of Primmates Chetumal training school and Chetumal Xtreme Cage (CXC) League, Councilor Hector ‘Tito’ Alamilla from The San Pedro Town Council (SPTC) and Caribbean Villas’ Felipe Sansores, along with Belizean and Mexican MMA fighters. The MMA tournament will be the first of its kind on the island, with nine confirmed fights to take place at the Honourable Louis Sylvestre Sporting Complex.

During the brief ceremony, Dawson and Rosado officially confirmed the event to take place in October in San Pedro. The different matches will be between Mexican and Belizean fighters, including a championship fight at the end of the event between two top Mexican competitors. Rosado said that initially there was to be a match in the female category, however, that has been canceled. Organizers are still hopeful to hold a match with two new female competitors

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Re: First MMA event to be held in San Pedro! [Re: Marty] #532877
10/22/18 05:53 AM
10/22/18 05:53 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Fight Night! MMA Comes To San Pedro Belize

Though I know it exists and I know it is wildly popular…I have never ever seen a UFC fight or an MMA fight.

Fighting? It’s not my thing. Randy “Macho Man” Savage and Hulk Hogan are the last fighters to appear on my radar screen. Probably the late 80s, when my little brother was way bigger than me and lorded over the remote control.

Plus, it was more about the flair…and the show than about blood and punches. Look how cool Randy was…

Saca Chispas…the Old Football field on Back Street. I decided NOT to use the VIP distinction – for fear of getting blood or spit on myself – those seats are CLOSE. The refs had rubber gloves on!

And watched guys – mostly very nervous looking young guys – go into a chain link octogen and…kick and punch and roll around on the floor.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

Re: First MMA event to be held in San Pedro! [Re: Marty] #532929
10/26/18 05:32 AM
10/26/18 05:32 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

San Pedro’s First-ever MMA Tournament is a knockout!

Hundreds of fight fanatics gathered at the Honourable Louis Sylvestre Sporting Complex for the first ever Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Tournament in San Pedro Town on Saturday, October 20th. The event was organized by Martin Dawson and his Pit Fighters training school, along with Primmates Chetumal training school, and Chetumal Xtreme Cage League. There were nine different matches featuring fighters from Belize facing Mexican fighters. The event began shortly after 9PM, with Belize’s Raheem Lambey going against Sergio Acuna of Mexico. After two rounds of grappling, it was a victory for Belize’s Lambey. The next match, saw Belize’s Allen Cawich being defeated by Mexico’s Jaime Avila in a Jujitsu fight.

Dawson told The San Pedro Sun that the event was a total success. “Many island residents attended the fight and overall it was a success,” he said. Dawson says that he plans to host another tournament on the island, sometime around March or April of the next year, and the fights will be between Belize and Guatemala. He also added that they will continue to train harder so they can be more prepared for the next MMA tournament.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 274 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics68,736
Posts474,185
Members19,389
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.