Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#53222 05/13/02 09:47 AM
Jeez, I'm sorry about that chlorine comment. It should have been "heavy chlorine taste" not "content". And I should know better, because one of my companies has been in the water treatment business for 20 years.

At any rate, as most of you suspect, my liver is already shot, ditto for the kidneys, I have no heart (just ask the kids), and I MOST CERTAINLY hope that I have no unborn children.

To the issue: Coke Lite is an adequate replacement for Diet Coke, or at least that is SWMBO's humble opinion.

CC

#53223 05/13/02 10:14 AM
H
H
Careful, your intelligence is showing again.

#53224 05/13/02 10:40 AM
Great.

#53225 05/13/02 10:55 AM
B
B
DR. Glen - None of us has challenged your intelligence. However, the same cannot be said for you ---"Good God people, are you living under a rock?" I would say is a challenge to our collective intelligence. Since you hold yourself up as a DOCTOR I suspect you place great value on advanced degrees and I would guess there are more people on this board with them than in the general populace. If I remember a comment correctly from you last week you stated that we were (to paraphrase) basically not worthy of your presence so you were gone --- "adios". We can only hope...

[This message has been edited by BankerWoman (edited 05-13-2002).]

#53226 05/13/02 11:22 AM
(jane struggles to contain her laughter)

i have seen chooch's intellect in person, and i thought it was big. (intellect, friends!) but we aren't making personal attacks, here, right?

heck, glen, we tried. honey, you lost me at "i am a child of god, how could..." (can't find the original quote).

like any of us aren't, and that didn't help jesus all that much, did it? and weren't any of those in the trade centers 'children of god'? did that protect them?

the nice children of god at my synagogue embezzled 2 mil off the congregation. the children of god nuns called my sister in law a 'stupid idiot' at age 10. (she is not, and now very successful), and smacked my husband in school. the nice children of god priests? let's not even go there.

(i have BIG issues with god, and have been dying to dump that for weeks.)

and doesn't it seem that most things that are enjoyable can kill ya. one way ot the other...

#53227 05/13/02 12:39 PM
B
B
Jane - have to love the way you bring us all back into focus with a wry chuckle here and there. Too much attorney-juice running through my veins, I guess. Second-seated once in a case involving the death of a small child treated by an "alternative medicine doctor". The "doctor" stated, "No sir. I am not a medieval doctor" when asked if his credentials included an MD. Guess DR. Glen got my hackles up when he used very similar phrasing in an earlier post. Your post just made me realize that we ALL seem to have DR. Glen's number... thanks for the smile!

#53228 05/13/02 01:39 PM
BankerWoman,

And that number would be ... "impossibly orotund". Been waitin' for years to use that word...finally got the chance.

Thanks as usual.

CC

#53229 05/13/02 02:24 PM
random house: (Or-e-tund) pompous or bombastic.

#53230 05/13/02 02:53 PM
Teacher - I am the addict of all Diet Coke addicts. I can down a good 10 or 12 a day. How's that for addiction !!! Anyhow, You can get actual Diet Coke in cans at Island Supermarket south of town by Ramon's or at San Pedro Super Market up North by the Blue Tang Inn.

Coke lite is pretty comparable to Diet Coke and satifies my addiction. I suggest if maybe you can contact your hotel or place of lodging to see if the local distributor can deliver a crate/case to your room and save you the hassle. Most places will do this with sodas/beer as the distributor on the island has a monopoly on coke products and beer and will gladly supply you. It also cheaper than the grocery stores this way.

Last I paid about 75 cents for a can of the real stuff and less for Coke Lite.

Have one or two sodas in the morning to get you going, then switch to Belikin or venture to BC's Bar and have Ernie pour you the Drink D'Jour and you won't miss Diet Coke at all nor care !

#53231 05/13/02 03:00 PM
I don't drink diet pop because I just can't get past the artificial sugar flavour after taste. If desperate I will drink it but only if it is really cold as it seems to dull the taste. I guess I am just used to regular pop.

I have a best friend who loves the stuff and ALWAYS uses it for mix in her libations! When I visit her she offers me a rum and diet coke! Yuk! Of course I take it if it is all she has! My theory is, add lots of rum and the funny taste won't come through!

I know other people that are hooked on TAB and FRESCA. Just an acquired taste I guess!

I am not knocking others choices by any means, just jumping into the conversation!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.