Marty  Offline OP

[Linked Image]

Re: San Pedro Independence Jump Up-Parade [Re: Marty] #532385
09/19/18 12:44 PM
09/19/18 12:44 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Friday is the Jump Up parade. Scheduled for 10am - should start around 11.30 or 12...it will be hot. It will be sweaty and it will be awesome. See you in San Pedro! Here's 2017 for a preview.

https://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2017/09/2017-independence-parade-san-pedro-jump-up-carnival.html

Re: San Pedro Independence Jump Up-Parade [Re: Marty] #532394
09/20/18 05:57 AM
09/20/18 05:57 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Kindly take note on the parade line up for this year's Independence Jump Up Parade! Those that signed up, please be reminded that line up is at 9 a.m. at your designated area.

[Linked Image]

Re: San Pedro Independence Jump Up-Parade [Re: Marty] #532420
09/22/18 04:45 AM
09/22/18 04:45 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Independence Celebration in San Pedro, Jump Up Parade

Independence Day Parade 2018

Re: San Pedro Independence Jump Up-Parade [Re: Marty] #532425
09/22/18 06:26 AM
09/22/18 06:26 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Beautiful Belize Turns 37 Today: The 2018 Jump Up Celebration Parade

You might think I’m crazy but September 21st is my favorite day of the year. Yes, it’s INCREDIBLY HOT. Always. And it’s slow season. But Belize celebrates Independence Day is such a ridiculously joyous way, I can hardly get enough.

I have SO many photos…so I’ll try to keep this reasonable. This was my 12th parade and one of my favorites yet.

Each year I consider going to the biggest parade in the country – in Orange Walk…but I just can’t NOT go to San Pedro’s Jump Up Parade. It’s so ridiculously fun seeing all the people you know celebrating Belize.

It is most DEFINITELY my favorite September motto – each year on a national level a competition is held and one chosen.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

Happy Independence Day Belize! We hope everyone had fun for the parade and we thank you all for participating in the name of our country, Belize!

1st Place group winner: ABC PreSchool
2nd Place group winner: The Island Academy

Great job guys!
Long live Belize!

San Pedro Town Council

Belizeans on Ambergris Caye celebrated Belize's 37th Independence Anniversary with a grand colourful and patriotic parade!

Click photos for more pictures!

Working Hard Towards Former Parade Glory – Happy Birthday Belize

Yesterday was Belize’s 37th Independence day and countrywide the nation turned out in style to say “Happy Birthday Belize”. While it was always great the past few years, the parade has been a little light. This year it finally felt like it was getting back on track towards what it once used to be (but still nowhere near as big.) I say that because 12 years back and the next few years following, there were so many more parades, decorated golf carts, and big flatbed trucks for floats with increased giant speaker action.

I did not see any of the friends I had loose plans to meet and of course, I ran into many friends I had no plans with. The first two I saw when I came barreling down Buckaneer Sreet were Mary and Tamara from, our local newspaper and tourism magazine, My Beautiful Belize. This was fortunate on my part as those girls are also crowd cutting professionals and swiftly had us navigating through the spectators and parade to the other side. We made it to Front Street just in time to catch the full parade at one of the best parts when it disperses into the park and turns into a big party.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in Tacogirl's Blog

San Pedro's Independence Day Parade ROCKED!

The residents of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize put on a FANTASTIC parade in commemoration of Belize's 37th Independence Day celebrations this past weekend. On Friday, September 21, Belizeans all over the country showed off their patriotism in many ways; San Pedro organized one of the most energetic and colorful parades. It was hot, but then it rained, then it was hot once again, but none of this made it any difficult for the revelers to put on a spectacular show full of color, dance and pride for Belize.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Sherlette, Queen Of the San Pedro Jump Up Parade, IS BACK!
The 2018 Jump Up Parade for September 21st – Independence Day was extra awesome this year. It just seemed a little bit longer…a little bit more colorful…super fun. And despite the fact that it is always BLAZING hot in late September in Belize (think 100% humidity and temperature that feels over 100) and the parade always starts a bit late…I wouldn’t miss it for anything. There is a bigger parade in Orange Walk, Belize on the 21st – and ONE DAY, I keep saying, I will totally make it to that one. But I just can’t seem to rip myself away from San Pedro. This year it was SO GOOD to see some of the schools participating again. There has been a bit of controversy in years past…about kids and drinking (many of the floats have coolers and bartenders!) but I love to see Island Academy and ABC Pre-School parading again.

Belize Independence Day Parade 2018

Click photos for more pictures!

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 292 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics67,935
Posts472,165
Members19,292
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.