FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Mind Power
“I don’t like those grunt fish,” Linsford said. “They sound like they trying to talk and it gives me the creeps.” “Don’t throw any of them back,” Vernon said. “They good eating.” Linsford said, “I only keep them so they add up and I don’t have to buy the drinks.” The Nosenada Club was having our weekly fishing tournament. The member who catches the fewest fish has to buy the first round when we dock. The only missing member was Juan, which left me, Mario, Vernon and Linsford, whose wife had let him go with us today. “Grunts are interesting fish,” Mario said to Linsford. “They can actually talk.”

Doctor Love: A Concerned Daughter
Dear Doctor Love, My mother died six years ago, and my dad has been dating a woman for the past two years. I support them getting married, but I don’t think my father is thinking straight when he refuses to discuss a prenuptial agreement. My father and mother sold their home and business and bought the house on the beach for their retirement. It is paid for, and he is very comfortable. I don’t mean to sound like a greedy daughter, but she intends to bank the proceeds from the sale of her house “for a rainy day.” She shrugged off my suggestion of writing a pre-nup and hinted that her two grown sons and three grandchildren would be her beneficiaries when she passes.

Woman charged for Drug Trafficking in San Pedro
On Friday, September 14th, 28-year-old Dorla Morales, Belizean housekeeper of the San Pedrito Area, was charged for the offense of drug trafficking after police found in her possession 3,277 grams of cannabis. The discovery of the drug was made around 9:50AM, when police visited a boat dock on the island, where they searched Morales. The search led to the finding of the drugs on her, and Morales was then arrested and charged for drug trafficking.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Missing Person, San Pedro: Police Report
On September 10, 2018 about 2:00p.m., Miguel Arroyo 23-year-old,Belizan Fisherman of Pelican Street, San Pedro Town left home en-route to a store. Arroyo has not been seen or head from since. He's of Hispanic decent 5 feet 7 inches in height, slim built, green eyes, black hair and has a mole under his right eye. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, grey 3/4 dickies pants and had on a red and white Jordan slippers. If you have any information about Arroyo please contact the Police Department 206-2022.

Grand Opening of Sailor's Lounge in Corozal
The Grand Opening of Sailor's Lounge was held yesterday, September 15th. We are now OPEN. Our location is on 7th Avenue. Come visit us and enjoy our nice and cozy atmosphere with traditional rustic decor.

2018 BCCI Expo at ITVET
Yesterday the Belize City House of Culture and Downtown Rejuvenation Project participated in the 2018 BCCI Expo at ITVET.

The Reporter

UPDATE: – 5 MEXICANS DETAINED NEAR POLICE STATION ON QUEEN STREET
Five Mexicans who were detained late last Thursday on suspicion that they might be linked to last week’s hefty amount of cocaine seized, have been released. The Reporter confirmed today that the five persons – three men and two women – were released without charges on Saturday. The five were detained while shopping at the It Store on Queen Street sometime after 4:00 Thursday evening.

SAN PEDRO WOMAN ARRESTED FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING
A San Pedro woman has been arrested and charged with Drug Trafficking in connection with the discovery of over 7 pounds of marijuana. Police say they searched Dorla Morales, 28, around 9:50 Friday morning at a boat dock in San Pedro, and found the drugs on her.

3 PEOPLE STABBED DURING A FIGHT AT PIER ONE IN BELIZE CITY
Three people were reportedly stabbed during a fight at Pier One in Belize City early Saturday morning. The Reporter understands that the three victims are: Kenan Faber, 21, a stevedore of Fabers Road, Belize City, who suffered a stab wound on the left arm pit which also punctured his left lung; a 17 year-old minor of Hunter’s Lane, Belize City, who suffered a cut wound on the back of the head and an abrasion on the right arm; and Keran Miguel, 21, a construction worker of Emma Street, Belize City, who was stabbed on the right side of the neck.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Re-districting coming soon?
Over 122,000 Belizeans have re-registered up to September 8, 2018. The re-registration process is an on-going one and the latest figures released demonstrated a dismal number of Belizeans going in to re-register. However, Belize’s Elections and Boundaries Department had previously informed that the re-districting of constituencies could only occur after a national re-registration exercise. […]

Housekeeper charged for drug trafficking marijuana in San Pedro
A Belizean housekeeper has been charged with drug trafficking in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Dorla Morales,28, was at a boat dock in San Pedro Town on Friday morning when police conducted a search and found over 7 pounds of weed in the area. […]

Mexico celebrates 208th Anniversary of Independence
Mexicans around the world are today celebrating the 208th anniversary of their country’s Independence from Spain. The celebration of Mexico’s Independence focuses on the moment the revolution began in 1810. The day is commemorated with a national holiday in Mexico and a reenactment of a historic moment from the revolutionary leaders followed by an array of Mexican cultural performances and fireworks. […]

Deputy Prime Minister Faber visits Delille Academy
On Friday, Deputy Prime Minister of Belize, Patrick Faber visited Delille Academy in Dangriga town as part of his countrywide tour. Students from Youth Rise-sponsored Security Forces Course at the academy displayed their skills for Faber. The Security Forces Course was introduced as an elective at Delille Academy in October 2017 through the Ministry of Human Development’s Youth RISE Project. […]

Miguel Arroyo missing 6 days and counting
The family of Miguel Arroyo, 23, is growing concerned about his sudden disappearance. Arroyo, a fisherman of Pelican Street in San Pedro Town left his home en route to a store on September 10th. Since then he has not returned nor have anyone heard from him. […]

Jardehl Muschamp denied US visa to attend football academy
Last month Belizean national, Jardehl Muschamp, 16, was selected to join the Barca Football Academy in Arizona,USA. However, he could not meet the US $69,000 price tag. Fortunately, he received a scholarship which covered about a third of his expenses. Yet his family has had to organize a public appeal for further assistance. […]

Three stabbed multiple times in Belize City
A bar brawl at the Pier One nightclub in Belize City led to a knife attack in which three persons were injured. BBN understands that just before 1 a.m. today the incident unfolded. Kenan Faber, 21, received injuries which punctured his left lung. K’Mar Bennett received injuries to the back of his head and right arm. While Keran Miguel, 21, received injuries to the neck. […]

Blogs

Birding on Ambergris Caye For Dummies: Migration is Coming
Birds. You wake up to their screaming (I mean singing. Charming chatter) and notice them staring at you from the trees but what are they really up to? I honestly never gave it a moment’s thought until I moved to Belize. But with age and living in one of the most beautiful natural spots in the world, I’ve not only noticed them…but I bought books…and got binoculars for my 45th birthday and took a 3 day course in birding. Belize is FILLED with amazing gorgeous shocking-they-even-exist birds. Like the harpy eagle… and the toucan – they are everywhere in the Cayo district of Belize.

Videos

• When Howlers Cross Paths..., 1min.

• Belize the Gateway to the Caribbean..., 11min.

• Bullet Tree Summer Video, 1.5min. TPro filmed around the Mopan in Bullet Tree, and came up with a nice looking video. Worth a watch. "While taking a break from work I decided to explore my home town to see what it has to offer. i grabbed my gear and head out the Bullet Tree that is a small village in Cayo. This is what i came up with. I hope you guys enjoyed this short video!"

• Who Are the Garifunas? Guatemala and Belize, 3.5min. Arriving on the Caribbean coast of Guatemala we first went to Livingston, a small village only accessible by boat. No sooner had we jumped out of our dugout and we´re greeted by a local chap who presented himself as a Garifuna. What the hell is that we thought? He looked ok so we went along and thought we´d find out along the way?

• Kayak Fishing and Snorkeling in Belize San Pedro Ambergris Caye, 7min. Hey this is what we normally do in San Pedro hope you like this video and i invite you to become part of this awesome team that is team jrubio and subscribe

• Scuba Diving Belize 2018 - Aggressor III - May 5-12, 2018, 28min. Scuba diving in Belize, May 5-12, 2018 on Aggressor III. Sharks, rays, turtles, fish, eels, and more Shot on GoPro Hero 4 in 1080p.

• Belize Fishing Trip - El Pescador Lodge, 3.5min.

• Belize Mayan Ruins ( Lamanai ), 3min.

• Winging It! Takes Flight - Belize, 24min.

• Belize Honeymoon, 6min. We stayed on Caye Caulker and at Black Rock Lodge near San Ignacio for our 10 day honeymoon in June/July 2018.

• Belize, Nature's Best Kept Secret, 4min. 3 weeks on this Tropical Island, couldn't get any better than this!

• Belize Travel Style Vlog, 3min. A quick trip to San Pedro was all I needed to fall madly in love with Belize. This small city was the perfect escape and a beautiful backdrop to showcase a few of my favorite resort 2018 wardrobe pieces

• PLB Opening Season! Police United FC vs BDC FC, 2.5hr.

• Pan Yaad 2018!, 12min.

• Pan Yaad 2018!, 8.5min.