FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Insurance
“They brought Juan home from the hospital yesterday morning,” Mario said, as we drank coffee on the deck at the Holiday Hotel. “He’s paralyzed from the waist down.” “That’s terrible. We need to go visit him.” That evening I picked up Mario and drove to Juan’s house. “How are you, Juan?” I asked him. “I ain’t never been better. Getting hit by that car was the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.”

Doctor Love: Having Faith
Dear Doctor Love, Our family is devout Catholic, and we insist that our children go to Mass every week. My fifteen-year-old daughter fights against this every time and I do not understand why. It is a time to be together as a family and to connect with others of our faith, yet she does not want to go. We have asked her why, but she has no reason, just that she doesn’t want to go to Mass. Should I continue to force her, or should I let her be and hope she will come back to the faith? /s/Hail Mary

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

SHOOTING INCIDENT
On 30.9.2018 about 12:48 a.m., Police visited Corner of Sapodilla and Zericote Street, Orange Walk Town. Upon arrival,they saw Justin Diaz 24-year-old, Belizean of San Pablo Street, Orange Walk Town with apparent gunshot wounds to his body. He was transported to the Northern Regional Hospital where he is admitted in a critical condition. Initial investigation revealed that sometime around 12:35 a.m., Diaz was on the said street when two male persons on a motorcycle approached and one of them fired several shots towards him causing his injuries. Police are investigating.

MURDER IN ORANGE WALK
On 30.9. 2018 about 12:50 a.m., Police visited Muffles Street, Orange Walk Town. Upon arrival, they found Samuel Castro 25-year-old, Belizean baker of Trial Farm Village, Orange Walk District, with what appeared to be gunshot wounds to the left upper arm and right lower back in an unconscious state. He was transported to the Northern Regional Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. Initial investigation revealed that sometime around 12:30 a.m., on 30.9.2018 Castro visited a residence on Muffles Street when an unknown person on a motorcycle fired several gunshots towards Castro causing the injuries.

The Reporter

1am. GANG-LAND STYLE SHOOTING IN ORANGE WALK
Tensions are high in Orange Walk Town after more violence and bloodshed resulted in the death of one man and another clinging to life at the KHMH. At around 12:48 am Police were called to the intersection of Sapodilla and Zericote Streets where they found an unconscious Justin Diaz, 23, suffering from gunshot wounds to his chest and leg. According to reports Diaz was on the street when a dark colored car sped past and a gunman inside opened fire.

ANOTHER MISSING YOUNG MAN
The family of Trial Farm resident Eddie Zamora, 24, is asking for the public’s assistance in locating him. Zamora was last seen on Saturday morning near the OW Bypass on the Phillip Goldson Highway heading to Corozal. If you have any information on his whereabouts you’re asked to call #607-2650, #607-2742 or the nearest Police Station.

MAN CHARGED FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT AT CHURCH
On Saturday September 29th Belize City police announced the arrest of 27-year-old Bensford Bennett. He was formally charged for sexually assaulting a female minor, 12, in church. As a result of their investigation, Police believed that Bennett, an unemployed Belize City resident, is the person who allegedy assaulted the minor on September 23rd during a church service in Belize City.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Mayor Bernard Wagner reflects on first six months in office
It has been six months since the People’s United Party (PUP) has led the Belize City Council after 12 years out in the cold. Our newsroom caught up with Mayor Bernard Wagner today to get an update of what has been happening at city hall since he took office.

Belize Red Cross and Corozal Town Council hold clean up campaign
Today the Belize Red Cross in collaboration with the Corozal Town Council held a cleanup campaign in Corozal Town. The areas of focus were the Skeleton Town Area and College Road. Project Director, Marley Brown Goodin told BBN that today’s initiative is a part of an ongoing Zika Prevention and Response Project by the Belize Red Cross.

Drunken cop crashes police vehicle?
A traffic incident unfolded in San Ignacio, Cayo, hours ago. A police corporal on duty reportedly fell into a huge ditch. Unconfirmed reports are that he was speeding and was under the influence of alcohol.

Corozal fire destroys home undergoing renovations
Police are investigating a fire that destroyed a house in Corozal. This morning around 3, police visited G Street in Corozal and saw a 20x 30 wooden and concrete house totally engulfed in flames. Tara Shah, 26, reported to authorities that the house is the property of her mother, Sharel Montero who resides in the United States.

Police investigate shooting in Orange Walk that leaves a man in critical condition
Police are investigating a shooting incident that left a man in a critical condition in Orange Walk. Around 12:48 am this morning, police went to the corner of Sapodilla and Zericote Street in Orange Walk Town and saw a man suffering from gunshot wounds.

Man, 20, is ‘threatened with a knife and robbed of his car’ by his friend
Balmore Alexander Ruiz Escobar,20, a Salvadoran of San Jose Village, Orange Walk District reported to authorities that on September 29, 2018 about 7:30 p.m., he was socializing with some friends when one of them took out a knife at him. The friend/culprit then demanded that he hand over his grey SUV to him.

14-year-old minor missing in Orange Walk
A 14-year-old minor is missing in Orange Walk District. According to police, yesterday about 8:15 AM, Sergio Chi, 50, dropped off his daughter Analeily Chi, 14, by the market in Orange Walk Town to meet up with some classmates to do a group project and up to now, she has not returned home.

Police reveal details of man murdered in Orange Walk
Police have issued more details on the murder of Samuel Castro, 25, who was killed this morning in Orange Walk. According to authorities, this morning around 12:50 AM they visited Muffles Street in Orange Walk Town, and upon arrival, they found Castro in an unconscious state and with gunshot wounds to the left upper arm and right lower back.

Statement by Belize’s Foreign Minister Wilfred Elrington at UN
At the outset I wish to express the sympathies of the Government and people of Belize with the Government and people of Indonesia in view of the devastating earthquake and tsunami which killed over 400 persons. At the same, I wish to also express Belize’s solidarity with Barbados which is recovery from Tropical Storm Kirk and with countries of the Eastern Caribbean which were affected by an earthquake — all over the last few days.

Justin Diaz shot multiple times in Orange Walk
Less than 30 minutes after the murder of Samuel Castro, there was another shooting in Orange Walk Town. This time the victim has been identified as Justin Diaz, 23. https://www.facebook.com/rogerrivero16/posts/10216930969215928

Videos

• Morning Matters at Black Orchid, 60min.

• Zika Clean up in Corozal, 8min. On Sunday September 30, 2018 the Belize Red Cross did a zika Clean up in Corozal. On Sunday morning at 9am the attended person gathered at the Skeleton town park to clean up the area. This is to reduce the amount of mosquitos flying around and stopping the females mosquitos to continue laying eggs. on an interview on Sunday Morning, I interviewed the Project manager Belize Red Cross Marley Goodin, Otoniel Riveroll, Deputy Mayor corozal and Ms. Ardeny sosa one of the members from the Belize Red Cross. This interview is to let people know more about the Zika Virus around Belize. Areas with Risk of Zika

• Fish everywhere Caye Caulker Belize, 1/2min.

• Snorkel in Belize, 1min. Snorkeling in Caye Caulker. The coral reef of Belize. After 2km rowing in a kayak, we had this underwater views.

• Belize Barrier Reef Cinematic Video, 3min. Exploring the reefs of Belize in 4k by drone By: Rice University

• Belize 2018 Slideshow, 15min.

• Belize 2018, 11min.

• Caye Caulker Golf Cart Dash Cam w/ the Cassidy Family, in Belize, it's Un Belizeable! Riff Mix, 10min.

• Sailing Belize - Episode 1 - Placencia to Wippari Caye, 2.5min. Family cruise in catamaran in Belize - Episode 1 from Placencia to Wippari Caye. Leaving from Laru Beya marina, Placencia.

• Belize's Ancient Maya Sacrificial Cave Rare Footage One Strange Rock, 1.5min.

• 20th Anniversary in Belize, 31min.

• A Brief History of Belize told by Kemuel and Kelsie, 38min. I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Kemuel and Kelsie at a YoungLife camp we all volunteer at in Belize. While we were there I told them that I was very interested in the history of Belize and they filled me in. This interview took place on the last day of camp. Right before we were all about to leave. I know there is much more history of Belize. Please enjoy what is here and I hope this sparks an interest in you to get to know about Belize and it’s people.

• Belize 2018, 11min.

• Police United FC vs San Pedro Pirates FC, 2hr.