Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Logan Gentry, owner of San Pedro's El Pescador Lodge, died in sometime after midnight last night in a boating accident. Whilst en route from San Pedro to the Lodge in his boat, he collided with a dredging barge that was moored offshore, just north of the "cut". Logan was alone at the time of the accident. Logan was 32 years old. He had just celebrated the grand opening of El Pescador South in Punta Gorda. He is survived by his sister Ali Flota, his mother Chris, his father Dick, his brother-in-law Alonzo Flota and many friends in Belize and around the world. Plans for a tribute to Logan have not yet been made, but will be posted when they become available. Meanwhile in his honor, it will be as much as possible - "business as usual" in all the El Pescador enterprises. Logan would have wanted that, and it is what will be done. Please include Logan and his family in your prayers.

M
M
All our prayers and love go out to Ali and her family. Our hearts are broken by this terrible accident.

Logan was a good friend to us while we were in Belize and gracious in his dealings with us in business.

We will treasure the memories of our experiences with him and his kindness and help to us as we were setting up our place. We are so sad that now there will be no more new memories of him to come.

Michael and Daphne

KC Offline
Our deepest sympathy to Ali, family, and friends of Logan. What a tragedy.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
S
Our prayers go out to Ali and her family during this difficult time. It is a tragic loss for San Pedro. Logan was always with a smile and will be missed dearly.

L
L
Yes, I was down there when this happened and it was sad and tragic for many people I talked to.

W
W
Logan was a great friend and business associate. I have spent many a night at El Pescador visiting with Logan and Ali under the stars in that most beautiful part of the world. Logan will be greatly missed and I am sure that the Lodge will not be the same without him for some time to come.
I spoke to Logan a few days ago while he was in Hilton Head playing golf. We were planning to get togeather in Bangkok in a couple of months. My prayer go out to Ali and all the family in this time of crisis.
Wayne Richey

There will be a memorial service for Logan in the US on Friday the 17th of May.
Sometime in the next few weeks an appropriate celebration of his life will be held on Ambergris Caye, and friends will be notified so they may participate.
The teams in place El Pescador Lodge, El Pescador Punta Gorda, and El Pescador Villas have been given a 100% go ahead to do what it takes to continue their plans and successes. Ali is strong and dedicated and has our full support. Logan would be proud.

T
TSH Offline
T
Logan was an old friend from when he was a Ryder Truck Rental dealer here in Atlanta. We are very glad to have been lucky enough to know him and be part of his life and have some great memories. He has left quite a legacy (the resorts) for people to enjoy. Out hearts and prayer go out to his family.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.