My records go back to 2002. These have been augmented by official typical figures, which are generally in line with my records.

First thing to note, is that the Belize weather is frequently highly variable. Some years we have not really had a dry season, other year not really a wet season.

And yet my long term, yearly averages are showing fairly steady, constant figures.

North Belmopan rain records

The first year shown here are the long term typical figures for Belmopan, showing a clearly defined dry season and wet season. But, as you can see, the actual yearly figures are very different. Daily rain figures mean almost nothing, but are very interesting. The Light blue line is a Running monthly average, but is highly variable from year to year, so rather hard to interpret, it does tend to show the dry season and the wet season, sort of. But the heavy blue/Grey line is the running yearly average for each year. Do not look at where it goes up and down, because that is influenced by 365 days, or actually � 182 days records. But each year it is generally around the same general level.

This basically means that although Belize rain fall is highly variable, we have generally been having about the same total amount of rain every year. There is no hint or tendency for the Belize rain to be changing or any Rain Climate Change happening here.

North Belmopan temperature records

Again, overall, the maximum and minimum temperatures follow a very similar pattern. Some years the hot periods are more frequent or pronounced, other years the cold periods are more significant an pronounced. Better to look at the heavy red line in the middle of the daily variations as the 31 day running average, likewise the heavy blue line in the middle of the cold minimum temperatures. The Green line actually means little or nothing, it is just the mid point between the red and blue lines, but it is perhaps easier to follow.

Basically this is showing how Belize temperatures do vary somewhat erratically, on different years, there is a hint of two hot periods, one in May the other in August, these are where the Sun passes us overhead at midday, what I have been calling our two summers.