FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe's Woofer: Texas Breakfast
"Dennis Wolfe, come up here and sit with me!" It was early in the morning as I was walking down the beach in front of Fido's when I heard the unmistakable Texas drawl of Casey Moore calling to me from the deck. "Casey Moore, you rascal," I said. "I heard you were back in town. It's good to see you." We swapped lies for a while and I caught up on Casey's adventures in Thailand. "I knew you would be coming back to Belize," I told him. "Charlie was keeping your banjo for you so I figured you would have to come back for it."

Doctor Love: Broken
Dear Doctor Love, I broke up with my boyfriend of six years and I feel so depressed and lonely. I'm relieved the relationship is over. It was an emotional rollercoaster and I was miserable much of the time. When we disagreed, I was the one who always had to change my moral and emotional boundaries in order to keep peace. But foolishly, I miss him. We've broken up in the past but I always went back. How can I do what I know is best for me and stay away from him this time? /s/Broken

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

ACES Inaugurates New Building
Hon Manuel Heredia Jr., Mayor Daniel Guerrero and District Education Officer, Ms. Odelia Caliz were guests of honor and had the courtesy of cutting the ribbon to inaugurate the brand new, two-storey concrete classroom, at Ambergris Caye Elementary School (ACES). The event took place on Wednesday, October 24th, and coincided with the school's 10th anniversary. As part of celebrating their 10th year of growth, the school got a complete renovation: all the buildings and classrooms are now fully equipped with AC, security cameras and Alexa Speakers as part of the learning aid.

Marijuana Plants Go Up In Flames
Yesterday afternoon Orange Walk police received information that led them to an area in the jungle about 5 miles South West of Nueland Village, Orange Walk District. The search led to the discovery of a thatched house which was being used to keep 200 dried marijuana plant ranging between 5ft and 7ft in height. Police also found a bag containing 1,322 grams of marijuana and a shirt containing marijuana seeds amounting to 1002 grams. Further searches of the area resulted in the discovery of 50 young marijuana plants. All the marijuana plants were destroyed by fire. The remaining amounts of marijuana were packaged, sealed, and labeled as found property.

KING OF THE DOME
The HALLS LAYOUT DOME comes alive as the Newly Elected Corozal Basketball Association brings to all Basketball Fans KING OF THE DOME commencing on Saturday 3rd November 2018 as from 7:30pm. See you there!

Hanal Pixan
Some of the pictures from last night Hanal Pixan event by Corozal house of Culture . Preserving our traditions is part of our identity as Maya people of Northern Belize . Next week the people of Yucatec Maya descent from northern Belize will start to get ready to celebrate Hanal Pixan at their houses . Pictures courtesy by Ak Kuchkabal Maya

Sak Xikin welcomes the BHSA I'binkaan team to its cultural presentation for ACC!
Nuestro pueblo Maya del Norte de Belize .

The Reporter

MAN KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN INCIDENT
A man was killed in a hit and run traffic accident last night on the Stann Creek Valley Road. The Reporter has confirmed that the body of David Cunil, 44, a construction worker of Alta Vista Village, Stann Creek was retreived from near a railing along the road st mile 15 in the same village.

First Ever Downtown Flea-market a Success
Downtown businesses that took part in the first ever flea market yesterday have reported that they saw much better business, and Deputy Mayor Oscar Arnold says it made for a "Super sale Saturday." Deputy Arnold told the Reoorter today that the businesses all said they saw much more traffic through their stores.

WEEKEND NEWS WIRE
Police have arrested and charged Billy Jean Pitts, a school warden, with Drug Trafficking after they say they nabbed her with over four pounds of weed. Security guard, Kimani Locayo, 40, was robbed early yesterday morning in Belize City.Businessman, Mohammad Ahmed, 28, owner of United Grocery and Laundromat on Euphrates Avenue in Belize City, was reportedly robbed last night.

BTIA Cayo donates $4,000 to San Ignacio Police
On Thursday, October 25, 2018, the Cayo Chapter of the Belize Tourism Industry Association (BTIA) handed over a donation to the San Ignacio Police Formation. A cheque of $4,000 was presented by BTIA's Tanya Silva to the Officer Commanding the San Ignacio Police Station, Superintendent Richard Rosado at a BTIA mixer at Cahal Pech Village Resort.

Mother convicted of manslaughter for killing children out on parole
Felicia Chen, the woman who was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2014 after she was convicted of manslaughter for drowning three of her four children at Belizean beach in 2013, has reportedly been released from prison and is now out on parole, according to a report by the Reporter Newspaper this weekend.

Grocery store robbed in Belize City
Belize City police are investigating a robbery report. Mohammad Nasim Ahmed, 28, a Bangladeshi national and owner of United Grocery and Laundrymart on Euphrates Avenue, reported that around 7:45 p.m. he was inside the store when four men entered.

School warden charged with drug trafficking
Police have arrested and charged a school warden for drug trafficking. On Friday evening around 5:26, police conducted a search on Billy Jean Pitts, 44, school warden of Belize city.

Police find marijuana plantation in Orange Walk
Yesterday Orange Walk police came upon a marijuana plantation. Around 2:20 p.m yesterday, police acted on information received and went to an area in the jungle about 5 miles south-west of Nueland village, Orange Walk. There, police found a thatched house and under the house, officers found 200 dried marijuana plants ranging between 5 feet and 7 feet in height.

Security guard robbed in Belize City
Police are investigating a robbery in Belize City. Kimani Locayo, 40, a private security officer, reported that yesterday morning around 3:30 a.m. he was walking on Calle Al Mar street towards Newtown Barracks, when two men approached him.

Belize~ The Status Quo and ICJ
By Richard Harrison: If you look at who are the few people jumping up and promoting "yes to ICJ", it is very obvious that it is a status quo driven thing�those who have been or are at the feeding trough of the PUDP oligopoly hegemony run by Lord Michael Ascroft of Cheshire�the Chief Puppet Master�and those slaves who adore them and lick their boots just to be allowed in their elitist company, picking up the crumbs that fall from their table.

Male and female U-17 football championship game held in Orange Walk
The People Stadium was the venue for the championship game of the Under-17 male and female football competition in Orange Walk. Both male and female competitions was held on Saturday, October 27th, under the auspices of the Football Federation of Belize (FFB) and the Orange Walk District Football Association. In the female category, International Vibes Alive secured the championship by beating Muffles Bobcats 4 goals to 2.

International Sourcesizz

A fost in luna de miere in Belize. Peste doua luni a facut o descoperire socanta
O femeie din Florida nu va uita niciodata luna de miere petrecuta in Belize, dar nu din motivele obisnuite. S-a ales cu un suvenir deloc dorit, care i-a dat viata peste cap in urmatoarea perioada. Nu si-a dat seama pe moment, ci abia la doua luni dupa ce venise acasa. Si nu, nu era vorba despre o sarcina, asa cum probabil ar crede multi. In pielea ei isi gasise cuib o insecta, arata Live Science.

Videos

• Metal Haven Bash 2018 Promo, 1min. The promo video for the 2018 Metal Have Bash. It's Saturday, November 3rd, at the Cancha Marshalleck.

• A Salty Piece of Belize, 4min. Fishing at El Pescador

• Dad and Son Belize Liveaboard, 2min. Belize Aggressor III First time on dive trip with my son. Good times!

• Belize with Sam & Naomi 2018, 13min.

• Backpacking Belize | Airplane Views, 2min. We flew from Caye Caulker to Placencia, and although it's less than an hour in the air, we took off and landed 5 times! A lot of short airplane rides that day!

• SCUBA Diving - "Un - BELIZE - Able" - Lighthouse Reef, Belize - October 2018, 11min.

• Belize 2018, 6.5min. Two weeks on the island writing my book!

• Fishing from a dock for a whole overnight!!! It was an epic night!!!, min.

• BDF FC vs San Pedro Pirates FC, 2hr30min.

• Yucatec Maya elder Faustino Yam from Cristo Rey(Corozal) showing us a traditional Maya altar for Hanal Pixan, 1/2min. Hanal Pixan is a tradition practice by the Yucatec Maya people of Belize to honored their dead . Nojoch Mak Faustino Yam is a member of To'one Masehualo'on .