FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Loud Music
“Hey, Mario. How are you doing?” “Hunh?” Mario asked, cupping his hand around his ear. “How are you doing?” I asked again, very loudly. I was trying to be heard over the music at the bar where we were meeting. “I can’t hear you,” he said. “The music’s too loud.” It took some arguing but I finally got the bartender to turn the music down to a reasonable level. We were meeting for the Wednesday Night 8-Ball tournament of the Nosenada Social Club and killing some beer while we waited for the other three members. “It sure is quiet in here,” Vernon said, when he walked in.

Doctor Love: There’s No Place Like Home
Dear Doctor Love, After twenty-two years of marriage and a lot of hard work, my husband and I are both finally able to earn a good income working online from home. We have no debt, and early in our marriage we decided not to have children, so now we are in our forties and can semi-retire. After our last vacation to San Pedro, my husband suggested we sell everything and move to Belize. We even looked at a condo on the beach, but I didn’t think of the implications until he mentioned selling our house. My father passed away eighteen years ago, and my husband and I lived with my mother until her death two years ago. Our home and land have been in my family for over a century, and except for a few years, I have lived here all my life. I am in tears when I think of not having my home anymore. What do we do?

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Sarteneja Corozal Water Taxi Express closes
It is very sad to see this water taxi service throw in the towel in just months after their first inaugural trip. We need to support entrepreneurship like these.

Miss Chiquitita Corozal 2018-2019
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE at Zaara's Boutique, Stamp Ink by Alejandra Pech, Radio Bahia, Leo Mendez at 672-1959. Admission VIP - $15 and General $10. Saturday, December 15th at 7:00 p.m. at the Andres Campos Civic Center.

Richard Foster Legacy Fundraiser
The Belize Zoo is having a legacy fundraiser celebrating Richard Foster's life to help his wife Carol. They'll have a silent auction, food, and treats. It'll be next Sunday, December 2nd, coinciding with Richard's birthday. Daniel Velazquez recently created a video about Richard and Carol's lives in the wildlife film industry. Richard was recently posthumously awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival.

Belizean media at The Hague
Belizean media representatives have just arrived in The Hague to visit the ICJ and learn about the court. “From Fear to Facts: Demystifying the ICJ” media tour is off to a great start!

To'one Masehualo'on at exhibit at Cultural Day Progresso RC School
November 20th 2018 the Yucatec Maya group To'one Masehualo'on from Corozal doing a exhibit at Cultural Day Progresso RC School . Especial thanks to Principal Blanca Cowo Kay for letting our brothers show our beautiful Maya culture of northern Belize . We are Maya ,Somos Maya ,Toone Masehualo'on !!!

Channel 5

Denny Grijalva Victorious In UDP OW Central Convention
Denny Grijalva has emerged victorious in today’s UDP Convention in Orange Walk Central. Grijalva defeated Yvette Torres and Evan Williams.

Kenny Galdamez has been found in good health
On 24.11.2018 at 7:15 p.m., Dennis Novelo 39-year-old, Belizean Construction Worker of Yo Creek Village, Orange Walk District, reported that on 23.11.2018 at 7:15 am., his son Kenny Alexander Galdamez of 14-year-old, left his home to Belize High School Agriculture ,and since then he has not returned home. He has a tattoo with initials K.L on his right wrist. Galdamez was last seen wearing a black long jeans pants with a white T-Shirt and a pair of white tennis.

Honduran National charged with manslaughter
Police have charged 23 year old Honduran National Isela Cano for the death of Keidi Yesenia Ramirez. Cano was charged with manslaughter. On Tuesday evening around four-thirty, Ramirez, a resident of San Juan Village along the Southern Highway, was socializing and drinking with family members when she had to be restrained. Four hours later, she was pronounced dead at the Independence Polyclinic. Police have shared few details about what led to Ramirez’s death – they would only say that Ramirez’s body bore visible marks to the hands, feet and neck– reportedly from being tied up following an argument.

Shooting in Belize City
On 25.11.2018 at 2:28 a.m., Police visited the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital where they saw Vilma Robinson, 48-year-old, Belizean Domestic of 8.5 miles George Price Highway with gunshot injuries to the right foot and Erick Mclarly, 38- year-old Belizean Construction Worker of 8 miles on George Price Highway with gunshot injuries to his right and left feet and right knee. Initial investigation reveals that both persons were sleeping when they heard 6 to 7 gunshots. They later realized they had been shot. Both Mclarly and Robinson are at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital in a stable condition. Police investigation continues.

The Reporter

NO APOLOGIES FOR CHRISTMAS CHEER
Prime Minister Dean Barrow, following a meeting with the Public Service Union (PSU), this morning addressed several topics with the media, including a leaked memorandum showing the government had allotted $650,000 for so-called “Christmas Cheer,” a controversial practice which has been both praised and criticized in various circles of the citizenry and political spectrum.

WEEKEND – BREAKING NEWS
Murder Victim in Guatemala ? – Body Put On Belize Side. Shooting at 8.5 mile on the George Price Hwy. Alert For Missing 14yr. Old – Police Seeks Your Assistance. BELTRAIDE “SBDC Unit” TRAINING TO HELP WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS. BAHA ISSUES BAN ON ALL Jennie-O products IN BELIZE. G.O.B Settles Law Suite in U.S Courts with Glenn Godfrey

WE MUST ELECT LEADERS INSTEAD OF POLITICIANS
Growing up on a farm, I understand the Agriculture industry very well. As a child, my grandfather was one of the larger landowners and cattle ranchers in the area. He had friendships and business with the likes of Mr Bedran, Mr. John Carr, Mr Bowen and several Mennonite farmers as well as small local farmers. I was a curious child and asked a lot of questions on our rides home or our rides around More Force estate. At an early age, I understood the importance of government subsidies for our agriculture industry, and how uneven the playing field seemed for local small farmers. Therefore, as leaders we must look for ways to create profitable crops/livestock and markets for Belize’s hardworking farmers so that they can thrive in this important industry.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

UDP’s Denny Grijalva wins convention for Orange Walk Central
Today the United Democratic Party (UDP) held its standard bearer convention for Orange Walk Central. In the end, former standard bearer, Denny Grijalva Cruz was re-elected. He received 984 votes. In second place was Evan Williams with 476 votes.

Belizean journalists touchdown in Hague, Netherlands
Today, a group of Belizean journalists arrived in Hague, Netherlands. The purpose of their trip is to learn more about the overall functions and procedures of the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The journalists will visit the ICJ, tour the court and get insights on international law from experts and discuss rulings on previous cases that the ICJ has adjudicated on.

Elderly woman reported missing in Orange Walk
A sixty eight year old woman from San Felipe, Orange Walk has been reported missing.Romario Ixpec, 37, told police that his mom, Marta Gonzalez ,68, left home on November 23, 2018 and has not been seen or heard from since then.

Woman and man shot while sleeping
Police are investigating a shooting incident that occurred this morning. According to reports, Villa Robinson, 48 and Erick Mclarly,38, of 8.5 miles on the George Price Highway reported to police that this morning around 2:28 they were sleeping when they heard several gun shots.

Blogs

Digi Held their 8th Annual Tacos Festival in Orange Walk, Belize
Digicell 8th Annual Tacos Festival, one of Belize's most anticipated tasty celebrations, took place on November 25th, 2018. At the festival, there where a number of tacos showcased in different styles and tastes, attracting hundreds of Belizeans and tourists from across the country. The festivities also included cultural presentations and live performances by local artists. The schedule for today's event where: eating Competition, Business Expo, Marching Band, 5 starr, ESKThe Ex Band, Youth Connection, Beer Drinking Competition. Many people from around the country awaited for this year's event. I couldn't wait to get my fingers on the tacos to try the best tacos in Orange Walk.

Christmas in Belize: December on Ambergris Caye
“It just doesn’t feel like Christmas without cold weather” – says everyone who is NOT in the Caribbean for the holidays. I don’t know about you…but I certainly that I don’t need wet, frozen socks or a 45 minute search for a parking spot at the jam-packed mall or a runny nose to get in the holiday mood. Just trust me when I tell you that Christmas is just as important to everyone down here at a balmy 80 degrees as it is to you up in Calgary (current temperature 29 degrees F) It’s just a little less hectic frenzy.

Videos

• Orange Walk Tacos Fest 2018 , 18min.

• Richard Foster Wildlife Filmmaker, Tribute, 3min. Carol Foster and I Daniel put this together for a Tribute at the Belize International Film Festival 2018,it was not easy to do, we are not complete with out him, but he will always inspire us, very special thanks to Xavier Molina for his help in the final cut, and everyone who worked on this stock footage,music and productions, for educational use only.

• Saving Paradise, 23min. Dam in Belize

• Belize, 4min. Another great vacation! Partying in Caye Caulker, scuba diving the blue hole, 3 day sailing snorkeling spear fishing and camping on uninhabited islands.

• Belize Cypers Dive 1 2017, 5min.

• Belize 2018, 12min. Thanksgiving trip.

• SCUBA Diving - The Great Blue Hole - Lighthouse Reef - Belize - October 2018, 13min.

• Kokumba Beach in Belize, 8min.

• Belize Bird Rescue, 5min. Belize Bird Rescue is a rehabilitation center for birds in Belize. It was established in 2004 by Nikki Buxton and Jerry Larder. It started primarily as a facility for parrot rescue and rehabilitation but has expanded over the years to cater to all indigenous species of birds in Belize such as raptors, owls, water birds, and passerines. The organization is registered as an NGO and is situated on a privately owned 50-acre reserve, most of which is used to support avian rehabilitation.

• International Rugby, 72min.

• International Rugby 2, 33min.