The Belize Police department has received five hundred bullet proof vests as a donation from the Miami Dade Police Department. The donation was made possible through the Association of Caribbean Commissioners of Police (ACCP).Commissioner of Police, Allen Whylie is a second Vice President of the ACCP. Commissioner Whylie said that the ACCP has a working relationship with the Miami-Dade Police and it was through that collaboration that the donation was facilitated. On Thursday the Commissioner stated how the vests will be distributed to officers.

Allen Whylie, Commissioner of Police: “Exactly 500 bullet proof vests to the Belize Police Department which was donated to us by the Miami Police Department through Chief Perez as well as through the initiative of the Association of the Caribbean Commissioners of Police and in particular the Secretariat Manager Ms. Marcia Manning.This donation will be cataloged and it will be distributed again to our operational officers as well as our first responders in all the precincts in the Belize districts as well as country wide to all the different Police formations so I just wanted as I said to place on record my appreciation to the Miami Police, their Chief of Police, the ACCP and this donation will definitely contribute to the safety and security of our officers here in Belize.”

In 2017, the Miami-Dade Police donated 200 bullet proof vests to the Belize Police Department. These were distributed countrywide to first responders and police officers in the Quick Response Teams. Commissioner Whylie says the department will be procuring more bullet proof vests for officers in the near future.

LOVEFM