Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53375 05/14/02 03:32 PM
U
Umpara Offline OP
OP Offline
U
can anyone who has had the opportunity to stay at victoria house give me an idea of what it is like? does it have a good restaurant? are the rooms just ok or are they luxury accomodations? how far my cart to town? most importantly, is there a spa there or nearby where we can get a rubdown and facial? i hope it is as nice as it looks. thanks for the input!!!

#53376 05/14/02 03:46 PM
T
T
Victoria House is an amazing place! We stayed there last month. The grounds were nicely kept up, the pool was gorgeous, the beach was gorgeous and the restaurant was awesome, with wonderful service and food. They also have a cute little bar on the beach. I would suggest eating in the restaurant on a Friday evening when they have a guitar player inside. It adds to the experience.

Our room (the Rainforest Suite) was beautiful. We met some others who were staying in the main building and they said their room was great too. I would say that the resort offers luxury accommodations throughout.

I don't believe VH has a spa there, but I do know that they will schedule services for you. Depending on which room you have, you might even be able to have the massage on your verandah. You can ask them at the front desk. They will take care of just about everything for you.

As for the golf cart ride, it wasn't too far at all. We had a golf cart for the entire week and went into town often. It only took about 10 minutes to get there...not bad at all. The VH, in my opinion, was in the perfect location. It was just far enough to feel like you were isolated, but it was close enough to go into town whenever you wanted to (without the need for a water taxi or ferry)

You will love the VH. It was an amazing place! I am looking forward to going back next year. [Linked Image]

Have fun!

#53377 05/14/02 03:48 PM
I can't report on the rooms, but the grounds were beautiful. We may go back to AC next May and are considering Victoria House. We stayed at Banana Beach, which we really liked. BB is just a little closer to town than Victoria House, so it's probably about 2 miles. We had a golf cart all week so I can't comment on how long the walk was to town.

#53378 05/15/02 09:07 AM
T
T
Tammi-

Can you tell me about the "free" shuttle to town at night from VH? Were they doing that while you were there recently? Just curious if we can depend on that...

Thanks a bunch! We leave the 31st of May! I'm sooo excited!
TEACHER

#53379 05/15/02 09:54 AM
T
T
Yeah, they did have a free shuttle to town. From what I gathered, it wasn't that frequent. We didn't take advantage of it at all...found it easier to rent a golf cart. I believe their last shuttle to town is early in the evening. We didn't want to worry about a schedule. They do have plenty of golf carts there at the resort...and they rent them by the hour or day (or even half day). You can just get the keys at the front desk.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.