Greetings my fellow residents and visitors of San Pedro Town, it always fills me with joy to address you every Christmas Season as we celebrate the birth of Christ whom we are all grateful for having yet another great year.

As this time of year comes around, the holidays are a wonderful time to look back with gratitude and to celebrate the coming year with optimism and enthusiasm.

As I reflect on this past year, I am grateful to live in a community that is always there to offer a helping hand. Our community has come together to in various circumstances, such as the Town Council’s Community Clean Up, the fires at Escalante Sub Division and Boca del Rio, the Massive Sargassum Clean Up and most recently, the BIG Clean Up organized by the BTIA.

The Town of San Pedro continues to be a great place to live, work or visit and it is an honor and privilege to be your Mayor and represent both the Town Council and the Town at many different events; such as, our most traditional event El Gran Carnaval de San Pedro, Lobster Fest, the International Costa Maya Festival, the annual Cancer Walk, the annual Holiday Boat Parade, and various meetings across our beautiful country.

One of our greatest accomplishments this year was to move forward in making San Pedro Town a more Child Friendly Municipality. This year, we had the honor of hosting the third annual Children’s Advisory Body Board gathering, which hosted CABs of all the municipalities throughout Belize at our Central Park, as they presented their accomplishments in their booths.

As we approach the new year, I would like for us all to remember our neighbors at this time of year, especially the elderly and those who live alone. I would also like to extend a special welcome to those who have come home to San Pedro to be with their families and hope that they have a wonderful time. My very best wishes go to those who are sick at home or at a clinic during this season. I hope that your Christmas is enjoyable and wish you a happy and healthy new year.

On behalf of the San Pedro Town Council, the Town Council employees, my family and myself – May the spirit of love gently fill our hearts and homes. In this loveliest of seasons, may you find many reasons for happiness.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019!