Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DebbieS Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi everyone - my husband and I are looking into moving to Ambergris Caye if we can find a single family home, eventually, that meets our small budget. I would like information on moving there, how everyone feels about AC and... well, just any information you feel we need before making a final decision.

Define small budget?

C
C
It would be a good idea if you have been there a couple of times, at least, before making that kind of decision.

G
G
Hello DebbieS;
I'd love to help you and your family relocate to Belize. and/or to answer any question or concerns you may have. Email me at [email protected]

Gabriel Zetina
+(501) 6040678
N
N
I also am considering a move in June or July of 2019. Most likely look into a long term rental first

N
N
If i am only allowed to bring a max of 5000USD How do I go about starting out. Ill need 1st last month rent. Household goods food and all the other things involved. It looks like establishing banking is lengthy Do i just use a credit card until i can bank or is it posssible to use personal checks in some situations? Also transportation. Thank you for any advice

Originally Posted by Nickr
If i am only allowed to bring a max of 5000USD How do I go about starting out. Ill need 1st last month rent. Household goods food and all the other things involved. It looks like establishing banking is lengthy Do i just use a credit card until i can bank or is it posssible to use personal checks in some situations? Also transportation. Thank you for any advice

If you can become established with a licensed money-changer you will be able to write a USD check and change it into Belize dollars (cash) - and often get a little % more in the exchange.

N
N
Thank you--so much to learn just want as smooth a transition as possible

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.