FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

San Pedro House of Culture hosts Belize/Mexico Art Exhibit
During the month of December, Belize Electricity Limited (BEL) and its employees contributed to several initiatives for the benefit of deserving families and the elderly countrywide. The 20th Annual Christmas Hamper Drive culminated on Friday, December 21 when BEL staff distributed hampers to 90 families and 60 senior citizens. Through yearlong donations from employees and the Company, the hampers valued at approximately $300 each were prepared with ingredients for a traditional Christmas dinner, groceries and toiletries.

San Pedro House of Culture hosts Belize/Mexico Art Exhibit
The San Pedro House of Culture (SPHC) held a Belize/Mexico Art Exhibition on Thursday, December 20th. The exhibit featured art work from Terryl Godoy, Papo Alamilla, Marcos Manzanero, Yaoling Lee, Fred Trejo, Edgar Gomez, Valeria Ancona, Nicole Denarle, Olivia Garcia from Belize and Marcelo Jimenez, Monika Cambrich, Joseas Montalvo, Francisco Holl, Christian Poot, Beatriz Brown, Conchi Sanchez and Celso Vasquez from Mexico. The art exhibit opened at 7PM, with attendees feasting their eyes on beautiful paintings while enjoying delicious appetizers and live music by San Pedro’s musician Terryl Godoy. The various artworks ranged from beaches to forests, animals, cultural scenes and even famous island areas. Both Belizeans and Mexican artists surely filled the SPHC display room with colorful, dramatic and bold masterpieces.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Paint N Splash
See you this week at from 2-4pm Thursday to paint natural pods.

The Reporter

MAN SHOT AND KILLED ON TIBRUCE ST. IN BELIZE CITY
The Reporter has confirmed that a man was shot and killed this afternoon on Tibruce Street in Belize City. Information reaching this media hoise is that Daniel Hughes, 39, a fisherman of Aloe Vera Street, was shot in his face and neck and died at around 4:00 pm. Police have no suspects or motive at this time, but they are following a lead.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Man shot and killed on Boxing Day
Information to BBN is that a man was shot and killed in Belize City minutes ago. He has been officially identified as Daniel Hughes Sr. Reports suggests that he was shot to his face and neck on Aloe Vera Street.

Blogs

New Year’s Eve 2019 On Ambergris Caye
Happy Happy Happy Boxing Day – such a CIVILIZED holiday that we celebrate in Belize. I’m not sure WHY the ex-British American colonies did not hold onto that one. A day for eating Christmas candy and left-overs, napping, travel…just a buffer between the holidays and going-back-to-work. I just started opening emails and am a bit overwhelmed THE QUESTION: What should be do on New Year’s Eve. (I skimmed this in grammerly and I THINK I got the punctuation correct – it’s tricky!) I am hardly one to stay up late…and I haven’t been out in town for YEARS on NYE but here is what I’ve gathered. And it depends…do you want a dinner and mingling with a smaller group? Do you want to be in the middle of it all? Do you want to dance-dance-dance? Is seeing the fireworks at midnight a must? Here are some great choices.

Videos

• The Belize Maritime Area in the context of the Belize Guatemala Dispute, 28min.

• Paddle Boarding in Belize, 1min.

• Intro to Belize, 4min.

• The Swiss Love Belize....FROM SWITZERLAND TO BELIZE AMAZING PLACE TO VISIT..., 4min.

• Belize Snorkeling Highlights Video 2018, 6min. I visited Belize and went to Stressless tours in Caye Caulker.

• Belize Travel Film, 47min. My fiancé and I just got back from a 12 day adventure in Belize. Tag along with us as we explore this beautiful country full of wildlife, Mayan ruins, caves, islands, and barrier reef. To capture our trip, I brought my Panasonic LUMIX GH5, DJI Mavic Pro, and GoPro HERO7. We used AirBnB for everywhere we stayed.

• Snorkeling in Belize, 3min.

• Belize Aggressor Trip, 49min. Belize Aggressor IV October 2018.

• Hol Chan and Shark Alley, Belize 2018, 3min.

• Belize - Great Blue Hole Flight, 4min. Lighthouse Reef, Half Moon Caye, Northern Caye, Turneffe Atoll.

• The Magic of St. George's Caye Resort - Belize, 3min.

• Rugby Belize Fundraiser, 4min.

• PUR Boutique Cabanas & Taco Bar Ambergris Caye Belize, 6min. I am going to show you around PUR Boutique Cabanas & Taco Bar on Ambergris Caye, Belize. This boutique resort has quaint cabanas, a cool pool, great tacos and full bar.

• Christmas for Belize, 3min. Harvest Aviation delivers Christmas for over 700 kids in Belize.

• YOU BETTA BELIZE IT, BEAUTIFUL AMBERGIS CAYE ,SAN PEDRO BELIZE WATERS, 3min.