Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Great News....
I just called the princess hotel and talked to Dr. Tierslon (spelling?). I think he is one of the professors at the St Matthews. He says that the students have left the island and are in the airport in Belize City. He is trying to get additional rooms (has 4 wants 10). Says that the students will have some tight quaters. He said that the students should be in the hotel by 6PM cdt. He says that they should be leaving Belize tomorrow (expected the international airport will be open). He has suggestted to the students that they go home for a couple of days before resuming school in the US.

Great News...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
the number for the Princess Hotel is
011501-232670
011501-232663

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Is the above message to be confirmed by St. Matthews.

S
S
My name is Dr. Renae Sersland. My husband, Dr. Jeffrey Sersland, is the Presdident of the University. He is getting rooms for the students at the Princess Hotel in Belize City. The students flew from Ambergris Caye to the Municipal airport in Belize City. The International airport is located 11 miles north of the city in the town of Ladyville and is not currently open. As soon as the International airport is open and we are able to get a charter flight down to Belize, we will be moving all of the students to the US. I am comfirming the information that Bob2nd placed earlier.
Please feel free to contact us at the University in the US 1-800-498-9700. Calls are coming in by the 100's so please be patient, we will get to you as quickly as we can.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Many thanks for your response, St. Matthews. Just glad everyone is safe. Dee Louis' Mom

L
L
Many thanks for your response. Jennifer Hortons family located in Louisiana, Texas, and Illnois thank Marty and St. Matthews for all your work and information.

H
H
I want to first thank god for helping rescue these kids off the island. I want to say a million thanks to marty for constantly keeping us posted and words can't begin to describe what a relief his messages were to the family. Thank St Matthews for doing everything so quickly to save the kids. May god bless all of you always.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
-

R
R
Thanks Marty for all the help you have given to all of us. We cannot thank you enough. We heard from our son and he said, all the
students are doing fine. We were happy to
know that everyone is safe. Thanks to
all the staff at St. Matthews, they were
answering all of our phone calls so patiently. We are also thankful to the staff to help the students leave the island safely.

Prasad S. Ravi
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Understanding that all the students are safe, why is their first response to "high tail" it out of Belize rather than offer to render whatever assistance their training affords them in this time of need? Or is this just a foreshadowing of their modus operandi as future professionals?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.