Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#534689 02/03/19 07:10 AM
OP Offline
Had dinner at the newly-opened "Bernie's Back" last night. LOVED it.
They say "local" food - and it is, but still unique. And there is come comfort food --- we couldn't resist the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. Perfection. As much careful attention was paid to the veggie side-dish as the main - portions were generous and YUM. Already planning to go back to try the vegetarian entree - - - - cannot recall what it was but it made my carnivore friend's mouth water ........ They will be having special pasta-nights every Thursday.
Staff was happy, friendly, attentive. Music was classic Reggae. White wine was from "Edwards" winery (Chile) - crisp, cold and another righteous portion.
Prices very reasonable. Three glasses of wine and two big-yummy entrees - $88 Belize.
Located north of the bridge about 1/4 mile north of Grand Caribe. (I don't know the owner, don't have a financial interest in the place)
Kudos to Bernie and company - welcome to the neighborhood!

PS ....... on the way home we stopped at Sol Coffee Shop - still open in the evening - and found some gooey-good dessert. Coconut-crust chocolate-custard tart .......
Happy belly.

I was just craving meatloaf! Now I know where to go. Thanks. I popped into the Sol Cafe the other day and they are open until 8pm.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.