Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#534935 02/17/19 01:38 AM
W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I don't see many at all on Ambergris Caye. Are these not effective or hard to maintain? We would love to sit outside in the early morning or late afternoon without mosquito spray. Does anyone have one or recommend a product or installer.

Hello WWIII.... When we first moved here we had screened in areas and screen doors.... They were only effective at keeping out the birds .... The Mosquitoes & No-see-ums still found their way in.... Now we leave our windows and doors open on the nice days.... Then on the evenings we want to sit on the Veranda when it's a buggy night we use what the locals call 'Fish' ... however it is known in the stores as Frog King and they work great. After spending thousands of dollars on spray systems, wall treatments and numerous Holistic approaches these 99cent coils do the trick. We use them at our Restaurant; strategically putting them in air flow areas..... For more than 4 bug seasons we have been bug free.... Our guests tell us they can't believe walking into the restaurant from the bug ridden road/beach and they are safe in our place. Hope that helps, and if you find something else that works please share..... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Good info above by Judyann. Remember any screened in port will collect salt spray, sand, pollen etc. They have to be cleaned daily. They cut way down on the breeze. And won't keep out no-see-ums. So what you might want to do instead is have a breeze on you and try the coils. But at the end of the day, the repellant is your best bet. Or try walking out to the end of the pier.

S
S
We have no-seeum screens on our doors and windows and they work great. I assume they would work well for a porch, too. We shipped ours down from the U.S.; I'm not sure if they are available in Belize.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.