Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
One of the big issues about trash is lack of enough trucks to haul the stuff.
I'm told there is a monthly charge by Town Board for trash pickup (if they can do it) to businesses and larger residential locations. Currently the available trucks do not go north of Journey's End (and Secret Beach is north of that area).
My location is also north of current pickup limits and we are trying (so far unsuccessfully) to be included.....
I've noticed that in the past week or two the pickups by TB seem to have slacked off.
My own business, along with Mata Chica, picks up SB visitor trash along roadsides (in the area near and south of the turnoff) every day of the week. We don't love doing it but we love the results. I know of at least one businessperson at SB who has begun to tackle the trash issue and she's my hero.
I think that business owners in the SB area need to stop complaining about the inconveniences of the location (a location they chose knowing there was no trash pickup - and a location that has offsetting advantages that make them money) and pitch in like good neighbors for the good of everybody.

There is no reason why folks north of the trash pick up area cannot collectively hire a private garbage pick up service provider - and the more participants the cheaper this should work out for the group.

Most of us have our trash hauling covered pretty well, but the Town Board plan would be easier and less expensive.
Meanwhile, the people at Secret Beach might want to do what you suggest.

J
J
Curious as to who the land-owner is that these businesses at SB rent from ?

R
R
My husband and I have two lots that he purchased several years ago not far from SB. We also want to build in the next 10yrs, and retire there as well. Have you seen Will Mitchell's site about the area? He works for Remax, and involved in the off grid home model just built on the road out there which you can see from the road to SB. Only a matter of time before more development in the area.

Last edited by Ridgebackmix; 02/15/19 06:22 AM.
R
R
...we were last out in the area in Nov. and took a golf cart ride out there to see the lots again and make sure ours were marked. Our two lots are in the Grand Belizean Estates area just off the road to SB. I noticed another lot cleared on the main road out to SB not far from the new off grid model. Not sure what's planned for that spot, but I was told that there are plans for more off grid homes in the area...as well as investors interested in some type of boutique hotel. I will keep watching the progress. As development continues, I would guess there will be more talk about power going out to the area again.

B
B
I have been watching the progress for the last few years. I think it will still be some time before many people start working on their lots and more lots sell. However I can tell you that the progress in the last year or so has been surprising. I think it will pick up speed and spread mainly from Secret Beach. Once the electric company sees a little more, I think they may decide to bring power across. I know that's optimistic but no one can disagree the growth has accelerated.

Brett
Counting the days until I retire...

R
R
We will be going down every other year to visit family in Benque, and to make a trip to AC to check on updates. I'm curious, what are forum members thoughts on the off grid wood home you can see from the road out to SB? When we were on AC in Nov, it looked like there were some more areas cleared in preparation for more building. When we build (8-10yrs), I would like concrete home with car port and living space on the 2nd level.

R
R
From Will Mitchell's Facebook post last night regarding some available lots near Secret Beach - "there are numerous other homes being prefabricated and imported in the coming days." It appears the lots are near the home that was recently put up there. Also, in the video he posted on his FB page, he pointed out pilings already in place on a lot where someone has started building another house in the area.

Last edited by Ridgebackmix; 02/28/19 01:09 PM.
R
R
Looks like some Mennonite homes are being shipped in and put up at the Palm Gardens lots near Secret Beach/ Grand Belizean Estates lots this past week. Anyone been out there recently to see the activity?

Last edited by Ridgebackmix; 03/23/19 10:32 AM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.