Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Anyone know which resort or so operates the largest r/o water system? Shallow well or straight salt water from west side?

Would like to contact them maybe for quick tour. They use low wells and r/o system at hotel near me and not so expensive. Thinking small version for my house.

Roberto

I have some experience with these systems. Larger ones will use water from a deep well (150 feet or so) and a second injection well is used for disposal of brine (around 200 feet).
Have tried using sea water but sediment tended to foul the system quite often.
These systems need to be run often to keep the membranes in good condition. They tend to produce much more water than a single household can consume.
Perhaps a small system, like one on a boat would work for a home - not at all sure on that.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you miss diane. I did not think so deep a well. Had me thinking 10 o 15 meters. And disposal of brine is done differently. Much to learn.
Your info is very helpful. I am going to Caribe to talk to man there tomorrow. I believe he is in charge of system

Roberto

S
S
We use one of these at our camp up north on the back of the island: https://www.rainmandesal.com/

Produces a gallon every two minutes from seawater. No electronics to fail, just a single pressure valve. Pre-filter can be bought at any hardware store. Fantastic units, equally fantastic company/service.

Originally Posted by SFJeff
We use one of these at our camp up north on the back of the island: https://www.rainmandesal.com/

Produces a gallon every two minutes from seawater. No electronics to fail, just a single pressure valve. Pre-filter can be bought at any hardware store. Fantastic units, equally fantastic company/service.

WOW - great product!

R
OP Offline
R

Mr Jeff
This seems very unique and with standard filter. Nice.

I see they are from Australias. Was there any issues with importing except for duty?
How big is your storage cistern that uses the gallon in 2 minutes size filter? Maybe 500 gallons +?

Do you have it running and topping off cistern auto with float, or manuel?

Thank you for interesting product ideas

Roberto

S
S
Roberto,

We shipped the unit down from the States via FL. The Co has dealerships in the US. The Co has been very responsive to deal with directly though. We had to get one part a few years ago from them and they sent it out DHL the same day.

We have multiple Rotoplas tanks on our property for storage (and collecting rain water.) We manually fill two Rotoplas tanks in proximity to our dock and from there pump/transfer it. No float switch. It's a manual process to start, make water, flush out system, stop it. Easy though. We let us run for 5-6 hours at a time and make a couple hundred gallons.

This is great information and an awesome solution.... Thanks for sharing.... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
R
OP Offline
R
Roberto,

We shipped the unit down from the States via FL. The Co has dealerships in the US. The Co has been very responsive to deal with directly though. We had to get one part a few years ago from them and they sent it out DHL the same day.

We have multiple Rotoplas tanks on our property for storage (and collecting rain water.) We manually fill two Rotoplas tanks in proximity to our dock and from there pump/transfer it. No float switch. It's a manual process to start, make water, flush out system, stop it. Easy though. We let us run for 5-6 hours at a time and make a couple hundred gallons.

Mr Jeff

I have spoken with then now. Nice people.

Based on kw require of ac units, do you use solar inverter power for R/O...or geni set?
I will have 5kw of solar when completes, but wondering if geni set is wiser choice since its is a more manuel system. Not on demand.

My solar/inverter source will be 125' from water source. And same distance to cistern. I already have used honda 2200, might i use for power supply instead of a full wired hook up.

Roberto

S
S
You'd absolutely want to run the R/O direct to a generator. It's not recommended to run off your battery banks... would cycle the batteries down too fast/arguably reduce the life of the batteries. The Honda generator is perfect for to run the R/O off of.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.