Next Thread
Print Thread
Big Baby Has Big Problems #535930
04/18/19 05:58 AM
04/18/19 05:58 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Belizean - American Jarrell Big Baby Miller - he should be training for the world heavyweight title fight on June first against champion Anthony Joshua. But, tonight, the biggest fight of his career is in limbo. ESPN yesterday reported that Miller, quote, "has tested positive for the banned substance GW1516.The test results, which came to light on Tuesday, were from a random Voluntary Anti-Doping Association-conducted urine test Miller submitted to on March 20." End quote.

The fight promoter and Joshua's agent, Eddie Hearn, is quoted as saying, "We have been informed by VADA that there has been an adverse finding in Jarrell Miller's sample collected on March 20th, 2019, (Joshua's) preparation continues for June 1st at MSG."

And Miller's Promoter Dmitriy Salita said "We are in the process of obtaining further information about VADA's finding. In the meantime, Jarrell continues to train for his June 1 fight against Anthony Joshua."

According to our sources, Miller is in shock and has sent another sample in for testing. The only theory within his camp right now right now is that - fit the test is accurate - the banned substance may have been in something he ingested without his knowledge. Miller reportedly has a nutritionist to screen what he consumes.

But - according to ESPN the substance in question, GW1516, also known as Cardarine and Endurobol, is not your garden variety performance enhancer. ESPN says "WADA has warned athletes of health risks connected to the drug, which in early trials caused cancer in laboratory mice." It "is on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list and is classified as a metabolic modulator. An athlete might use it to assist in fat loss or use it as an endurance booster." ESPN adds that if Miller is dropped from the fight, it will cost him his purse of $4.875 million, and additional money from a percentage of the profits from pay-per-view.

So what's next? Well, Miller "is expected to face a hearing before the New York State Athletic Commission," which may decline to license him for the fight and suspend him for as much as a year. Again, that is just a possibility. At this time, as we noted, both fighters keep preparing for the June first fight.

Channel 7

Re: Big Baby Has Big Problems [Re: Marty] #535947
04/19/19 05:23 AM
04/19/19 05:23 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Heavyweight Championship Dream Goes Bam Brigidim Buf For Big Baby

It has now been confirmed that Belizean American Heavyweight Boxer, Jarrell Big Baby Miller will not fight Anthony Joshua for the World Heavyweight title. This after Miller tested positive for a banned substance.
The New York State Athletic Commission has now declined heavyweight Miller's application for a license to fight Joshua on June 1st at Madison Square Garden. So, thatl;s the end of it for him - he will likely face a suspension and a replacement will now be found to face Joshua - the British Champion who is making his first title defence in the US.

The 30 year old Miller - worked hard to position himself for this title and the 4.8 million US dollar purse. He will now have to fight to salvage his boxing career. The substance he is accused of taking is a banned performance-enhancer called GW1516, and the Loss Angeles time reports, quote, "By improving cardiovascular performance, [the substance also known as] Cardarine will also help stimulate fat loss. "It's often referred to as 'exercise in a bottle.' End quote.

For the six foot, four inch Miller, who has fought at weights well above three hundred pounds, the issue of his weight has consistently been a point of discussion. In. 2018, this lover of Journey Cakes and Salbutes told us how he uses his weight as an asset, and how he was preparing to get to weight for a fight he had coming up at that time:..

Jarrell Miller
"Being me and being able to carry and maneuver my weight is definitely an attribute that's in my favor. I've been big for so long that I don't seem as big as people think I am. Salbutes and Panades has finally paid off. So people can't see the disadvantage but heavy weights from the early days compared to know were way bigger and way different. Guys that were fighting were over 6' 8" but trying to be 260. I feel like it hinders more than anything because you really have to maneuver at a weight that you're normal at. So if you're walking around 270, training at 270 and come down gradually. But guys walk around with 272 and come down at 250 when it's time to fight, you're actually making yourself weaker. So my goal is actually to be 10-20 lbs. a little bit heavier than what I fight at and stay to just maintain it. So coming down from my last fight at 280 was really for the media per say because I fought 290 than how I fought before at 280-275 and I didn't feel as great as I did. I still got to win but it makes us go back to the drawing board and figuring out where we went wrong and fixing those things. Being big and eating journey cake for breakfast is what I need and what's been getting me there and getting me these wins and staying true to my roots. The main thing is being heavy at world champion. That's the number one goal and one of my goals in the near future."

Channel 7

Re: Big Baby Has Big Problems [Re: Marty] #535967
04/20/19 05:26 AM
04/20/19 05:26 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

"I'm owning up to it,I'm a deal with it,I'm a correct it, And I'm going to Come Back Better....I'm humbled by the experience...."

Heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller has tested positive on a third VADA test, this time due to trace amounts of EPO and a repeat infringement for GW1516 (endurobol), according to reports.

https://www.ringtv.com/559641-jarrell-miller-tests-positive-for-a-third-yes-a-third-time

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 251 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,351
Posts475,863
Members19,465
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.