Mexico Embassy Belize Welcome to Mexico!
If you are traveling to Mexico in your vehicle and you are planning to go beyond Quintana Roo, remember to get your temporary import permit at the offices of Banjercito in Chactemal Border.
Banjercito working hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Sunday. The cost of the permit is about US$51 plus tax and payment can be done in cash (US$) or credit card.
Depending on the vehicle’s model, a deposit (between US$200 and US$400) is required, refundable on cancellation of the permit once you return to Belize. (BANJERCITO - Tel: +52 983 834 5328)
For the temporary import permit, the driver must have the following documents in original and copy:
1. Valid Passport
2. Entry Registration Form (Forma Migratoria Múltiple -FMM) issued by Immigration Officer
3. Certificate of Title
4. Certificate of Registration
5. If the vehicle is being purchased through a lending institution such as a bank or credit union, an authorization from the Institution is required (no older than three months)
6. If the vehicle is a rental, a copy of the rental contract is required.
Do not forget to have your valid driver license and your mandatory third-party insurance for traveling on federal roads and highways.Process of admission of foreign tourists to Mexico:
1. Present the following documentation to the immigration officers at the border:
• Valid passport
• Multiple Migratory Form (FMM) duly filled
• When required, a valid visa issued by corresponding grand national live stream
grand national live stream (Belizean nationals do not need a visa)
2. Provide information and personal data
The immigration authority may request verification of the reason for the trip and economic solvency
3. If requirements are fulfilled
The access to the country will be allowed to foreigners who meet the requirements indicated by law
4. Allowed time
The migration agents will indicate in the FMM the time -not longer than 180 days-, allowed to remain in Mexico