[Linked Image]

'No bad days': Texas native opens Belize bar after becoming a construction millionaire

At the sandy fringe of the pristine blue-green waters, and under the balmy spring air of sleepy Caye Caulker off the coast of Belize, there is a place that offers the familiar smells of bacon on the grill and the sounds of red dirt country.

The low-slung Barrier Reef Sports Bar & Grill rests alongside a long stretch of charmingly disheveled hostels and storefronts. Owner Lee Williams likes to think of it as home — and a home away from home, for some of his clientele.

“'No bad days' is our motto. I want to make sure it is a safe place and people can have fun,” Williams, 47, told Fox News. “Come in as a customer and leave as family.”

Born in Beaumont, Texas, and with a childhood “bouncing around between projects and trailers,” Williams dropped out of school at the end of eighth grade. At the age of 14, he made ends meet washing cars and learning the ropes of construction. And after relocating to Austin in his early 20s, Lee plunged into the music scene and found himself touring the world with Willie Nelson and his band.

“I was like a kid in a candy store. I was their entertainment. The kid that reminded them of their own younger years,” Lee said. “But what I learned most from Willie was just to be a good human. He never thought he was better than anyone else. He thanked everyone, appreciated everything.”

Click here to read the rest of the story and see more photos in Fox News