FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Doctor Love: Proud Male Nurse
Dear Doctor Love, I am a male who has worked hard to obtain my Bachelors Degree in Nursing. As long as I can remember I’ve wanted to care for people and try in some way to make their lives better. My educations allows me to care for their health but I also listen to their stories, hold their hand when they are afraid and comfort them when they are alone and missing their children. It has never been my goal to stand above them and diagnose or cure them, but to be by their side and give emotional as well as physical comfort and support. The woman I intend to marry is embarrassed to call me a nurse. She pushes for me to become a physician, saying I am wasted as an RN. It is a touchy subject in our relationship, but we manage to smooth it over.

Gabriel Nuñez Jr. and Bryton Codd represent Belize at NORCECA beach volleyball tournament in Cuba
Through community fundraising efforts, Gabriel ‘Gaby’ Nuñez Jr., was provided with much-needed financial assistance for his travels to Cuba. Along with Bryton Codd, Nuñez will be representing Belize in the 2019 North, Central America and Caribbean (NORCECA) Beach Volleyball Tournament in Cuba. The tournament will be held from May 9th to the 13th. The fundraiser took place on Labour Day, Wednesday, May 1st, at the newly opened beach park at the Boca del Rio Area. The fun-filled day included beach football, lots to eat and drink and great music by some of the island’s best Deejays. Supporters of the fundraiser enjoyed a sunny day on the island’s newest beach as they showed their support for Nuñez.

Rickilee Response and Rescue Team donates to Hol Chan Marine Reserve
Hol Chan Marine Reserve has been working vigorously to step up its management effectiveness at the reserve through implementing better ease of access for visitors, proper mooring buoys systems and a 24-hour surveillance. The Hol Chan Marine Reserve is pleased to announce that on April 30th 2019, it received a generous donation in the form of two surveillance & water rescue kits from the Rickilee Response and Rescue Team.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Belize Ek' Balam wins World Pok Ta Pok Championships
Belize Ek' Balam is the champion of the 3rd Pok Ta Pok Worldcup! Here we come Belize our beloved country with gold! Yes we did it!

Referendum: Corozal District Electoral Division and Polling Stations
FACTS FOR REFERENDUM - May 8, 2019 o Polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. o There are 344 polling stations countrywide o Polling stations will also serve as counting stations o Each of the 31 divisions will have a Returning Officer who will oversee all stations in that specific division o The 100-yard line will be in effect at each polling station; this distance may be extended as some schools will be in the middle of examinations that could not be rescheduled o Persons monitoring the referendum are representatives from the Government, the main Opposition, the unions, the churches and the NGOs

Belize Closed Hunting Seasons

Orthopedic Clinic 2019
The BCP's Orthopedic Clinics in Cayo are just a month away. Monday, June 3rd at La Loma Luz and Western Regional.

Environment Day Photo Competition 2019
The Department of the Environment is having their annual World Environment Day Photo Competition. This year's theme is 'Air Pollution.'

BWS Notice for Customers in San Pedro: Planned Low Water Pressure
for May 6, 7, & 8, 2019. Duration: 11:00 PM - 5:00 AM Area to be affected: entire San Pedro

The Reporter

Mother Makes Passionate Appeal, A Child Needs Your Help
A mother is appealing for your help for her 10 year-old daughter who needs an urgent CT Scan on her brain. Virgenia Sutherland told the Reporter today that the little girl, Raheema Hafiya has been ill since she was two years old and has been to many doctors through the years for excruciating headaches.

IN-DEPTH REPORT- Triple Fatality At The San Antonio Bridge
Around 8:00 p.m. on April 27th, Kelvin Augustine, 28, Oscar Portillo, 27 and Efrain Martinez, 21 were driving toward Santa Cruz Village in Portillo’s blue Toyota car when upon nearing the entrance of the bridge Portillo lost control of the vehicle and ran off the left side of the bridge and into the water.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

“Baby Nelson” passes away
Nelson Javier Tavora, affectionately known as Baby Nelson, passed away today. Earlier this year we had reported that Baby Nelson was battling for his life against a condition called hydrocephalus. This condition caused an abnormal head enlargement and other challenges.

George Price Highway claims another life
Tonight BBN is saddened to report that the George Price Highway has claimed another life. A Ford pickup, bearing CY license plate, was heading towards Belize City when the driver lost control and overturned. The incident occurred just around mile 19, a few miles outside of Hattieville.

Ian Gaynair apologizes
Belizean football star Ian Gaynair has issued an apology for his conduct at a basketball game last night. Gaynair posted on his Facebook page earlier today, owning up to his misconduct and apologizing to his fans and supporters for the incident.

Will football star Ian Gaynair face disciplinary charges for behaviour on basketball court?
A tight and physical matchup in game 2 of the National Elite Basketball League (NEBL) playoff semifinals threatened several times to get out of control at the Belize Civic Center on Friday night. After Brian White of Smart Belize Hurricanes was injured on court in the first quarter of play, his brother and national football team player, Ian Gaynair, along with another fan apparently came onto the Civic court, accosting chief of the referee crew, Melvin Pinelo, and assaulting him.

Blogs

Top Family Resorts in Belize
If you’re planning a trip to Belize with kids, finding the perfect place to stay is crucial to having a good family vacation. This is because staying at resorts, hotels, and jungle lodges that cater to families guarantees a good time. For example, the best family hotels in Belize typically have a mix of 60 percent families and 40 percent couples. And as you can imagine, if you’re traveling with your family and if you stay at a place that mostly caters to couples, the experience won’t be as great for you, the children, or the couples. So here is a curated list of the best family resorts in Belize. Whether these places are all-inclusive or not, they tend to roll out the red carpet for families, with special amenities for adults and kids.

International Sourcesizz

Caricom's divide must be bridged
It's no secret that the countries of the Caribbean Community and Common Market (Caricom) are divided over the response to the situation in Venezuela. Detractors of the Caricom project and Caribbean integration have seized upon the obvious cleavage in the grouping to advance their view that not only is Caribbean integration not possible, it isn't even desirable. It might surprise these detractors to know that Caricom is not the only group of nations in the Organization of American States (OAS) in which division over the response to the situation in Venezuela exists.

Videos

• NEBL 2019|Tiger Sharks vs Dream Ballers | Civic Center, Belize, 90min. Dream Ballers defeat Tiger Sharks 70-63, there will now be a game three to decide who goes to the finals.

• Game 2, PLB Closing Season 2019 | Pirates FC vs BDF FC | Live at The Ambergris Stadium, 2hr20min. Pirates defeat BDF 6-1, move onto championship round!

• A Honeymoon in Belize and Guatemala, 5min. We just got back from our honeymoon on April 26, 2019 and we has a FANTASTIC time in Belize and Guatemala.

• You Gotta Belize, 14min. Photos and videos of my trip to western Belize.

• Belize - Reef Dives - Sharks - Rays - Turtles, 3min. Just a quick composition of the bigger fish on the reefs around San Pedro & Lighthouse Atol in Belize. The super slo-mo turtle was done by mistake but actually looks pretty cool. The Caribbean Grey Shark was a big tart and kept coming round for more video

• My mother feeds a baby monkey in BELIZE, 1min.

• Busking at Belize Embassy in DC, 4min. Embassy Day