Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
leon2 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Does anyone know if electric lines have been run all the way to the southern end of Ambergris Caye? I heard there was a huge condo developement planned for the tip of the island, south of Mayan ruins (Marco Gonzales i think it's called. Looking for maybe a piece of property down that way. Thanks for any info anyone has.

leon
Hello Leon2... We have owned Real Estate on South Ambergris Caye since 2003... We moved here permanently in 2012 and are quite familiar with the projects and properties in the area. Hoping I can help I will share a little information.... The Electricity plan has been a constant Carrot tangled to entice prospective investors to purchase in off-grid areas. We know of several people who purchased and eventually sold and left the area because after years of rumors there is no electricity access way South. The resort you ask about is known as La Sirene and will be completely self sufficient to include water/power sewage. At this time we are not aware of any PUC authorizations for public utilities in that area. Feel free to send me a note with more questions if you would like. I would be happy to share our experiences and offer contact information to other people in the area. You can do a bit of research for the La Sirene project, it is well underway and we believe it is beautiful.... check them out here.... www.lasirene.bz

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
R
R
Looks very nice. Will they be sufficient with solar? The carrot dangling approach also used with west side developments too. I'm venturing to guess it would eventually Ben brought out to west an drew south ends as more building continues.

Hello Ridgebackmix..... The west side power would be even a bigger challenge as there is no resources there for reliable power. At least here and from my understanding, the Main Electric feed comes in on the South of the island.... It is then routed to the power plant and distributed for consumer use. That is why you will see two sets of electrical sources both going from the South to town and then from town to the South. I will venture to guess that La Sirene in partnership with the Belize PUC possesses the Engineering capability of accessing the raw power and creating a distribution plant on site.... And yes, Solar is most likely their support. The best way to get the facts would be to visit their offices; one located on the main road next to Carlo & Ernie's Runway bar and the other office on site of construction.

R
R
My husband and I will be back in AC in Jan for four days after visiting some of his family in Benque . We are 15 yrs away from retirement, but we would like to have our house built in 8-10 yrs. I'll keep watching how things develop on the west side which will be a deciding factor where we eventually decide to build. My husband bought two lots not far from Secret Beach at the Grand Belizean Estates lots 10 yrs ago, and he's just been holding them as a future investment. With the recent activity out in the Secret Beach area, it certainly seems primed for more expansion.

- Michael

Last edited by Ridgebackmix; 05/11/19 05:40 AM.
L
leon2 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the information Judyann. Sent you a PM. Leon

leon
Glad to help... However, I did not see the PM.... you can also send a note to [email protected]

R
R
Judyann, your restaurant is on my list when we are down on AC in Jan.

-Michael

Last edited by Ridgebackmix; 05/13/19 12:17 PM.
Great! We look forward to meeting you.... smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.