Next Thread
Print Thread
DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 #536592
05/31/19 03:10 PM
05/31/19 03:10 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP
Back in 2015, DiCaprio decided to take the plunge and purchase an island in Belize to build his very own eco-resort, set to be “ground-breaking in the environmental movement.” The island in question, Blackadore Caye, was sold for $1.75 million to DiCaprio and his business partner, who have been working ever since to create an eco-haven of restorative paradise in Central America, to open in 2020.

The eco-resort was supposed to open in 2018, but the team announced that the opening was to be delayed until late 2019 as it was still incomplete. This year, it was declared that the new opening was to be in 2020, as and when the finishing touches have been applied with a fine tooth comb.

DiCaprio’s resort is hoping to be the eco-friendly answer to the 104-acre island’s environmental problems through building ‘off-the-grid ‘living homes’’ and a research station focused on climate change. It plans to be the ‘World’s first truly restorative island development.’The eco-resort will feature a hotel, 36 resort bungalows and 36 estate villas, with details such as ‘circadian lighting’ and solar panels so that each home is energy efficient. Outdoor and indoor experiences will be merged with open-air buildings surrounded by palm trees, lush, green landscapes and infinity pools.

Click here for the rest of the story on EuroNews.com

Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #536594
05/31/19 05:19 PM
05/31/19 05:19 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #536595
06/01/19 04:58 AM
06/01/19 04:58 AM
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
this would be an actual example of fake news

Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #536597
06/01/19 05:49 AM
06/01/19 05:49 AM
Martinsville NJ USA
K
Ken Osterman Offline
Ken Osterman  Offline
K
You will find in this source document an article titled, “Flying Cars: How Close Are We?”
‘Nuf said.

Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #536608
06/01/19 09:14 AM
06/01/19 09:14 AM
Chicago
R
Ridgebackmix Offline
Ridgebackmix  Offline
R
I saw this on a few other news outlets today. I'm confused...do people think this is not going to happen? From my understanding, the project has gone through plan changes since its inception, and it was approved sometime last year.

Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #536610
06/01/19 10:26 AM
06/01/19 10:26 AM
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
It's not under construction, so the idea of anything there opening in 2020 sounds like popycock.

Re: DiCaprio’s Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020 [Re: Marty] #537657
08/06/19 10:14 AM
08/06/19 10:14 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP
[Linked Image]

Return to Blackadore Caye, Belize…Yes…Leo’s Island

I visited the island in June of 2016 for the first time – which the Blackadore development team/scientists were there. It is BEYOND stunning. And I JUST returned – with Marcos of Creative Tours – for a visit. Jeff and some friends and guests were going to wade around the island to fly fish and my friend Jamie and I wanted to do a bit of exploring, swimming and sunning.

Despite what recent articles say – there is NO WAY a resort is opening here in 2020. All that you can find on the island is one white mangrove tree, caretakers, lots of high sharp grass and coconut trees and about 14 billion blue crabs. We went for a walk on the “inner island” – you can see both the east and west side no matter where you are – the island is that slim. It’s just grass…and mud…and coconut trees…many dying from what looks like a rusty mold on the trunk.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 216 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,561
Posts476,404
Members19,491
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.