FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Guatemalan Vice Minister Visits the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Commerce
Mr. Jairo Estrada, the Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs with responsibility for Commercial Cooperation, along with his team, paid a courtesy visit to Hon. Tracy Taegar-Panton, Minister with responsibility for Investment, Trade and Commerce. The Ministers, accompanied by the Deputy Chief of Mission for Belize and Guatemala, Mr. David Vargas, discussed improving the trade relationship between the two countries by operationalizing the Administrative Commission in Guatemala.

LIII Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the Central American Integration System (SICA)
On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, the Heads of State and of Government of Central American countries convened in Guatemala City for the LIII Summit of the Central American Integration System (SICA). SICA leaders met to take stock of the progress of the region’s integration agenda in several areas including security, social and economic integration, climate change, and the ongoing migration challenge.

SIB reports inflation rates increase; San Pedro feels it more
According to latest release by Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB), Belizeans are paying slightly more for basic goods and services than last year through the first quarter of 2019. Figures released by SIB show that the All-Items Consumer Price Index for March 2019 stood at 104.8%, an increase of 0.3 % from 104.5% in March 2018. On average, during the month of Apirl in 2019, the prices of goods and services regularly purchased by Belizean households were 0.3% higher than they were in the same month of 2018.

San Pedro Teams competing in FFB U-15 and U-17 Football Tournament
The Under-15 (U-15) and Under-17 (U-17) Male Football Tournament organized by the Football Federation of Belize (FFB) is underway and seeing the participation of two teams (U-15 and U-17) from San Pedro Town. For their first round of games of the season, San Pedro Teams hosted teams from Corozal Town at the Ambergris Stadium on Saturday, May 25th. The first match started at 11AM with San Pedro’s U-15 team going against Corozal Town’s U-15 team. The island boys fought hard to win their first home match of the season, but when the whistle blew it was a clear 3-0 victory for the Corozal team. For their next match, both San Pedro Teams will be traveling to Orange Walk Town to go against Orange Walk’s U-15 and U-17 teams on Saturday, June 8th. The games are scheduled to begin at 11AM at the People’s Stadium in Orange Walk Town.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

World Ocean Day Beach Cleanup Campaign at Miami Beach
This morning, Oceana Belize from Corozal did a" World Ocean Day Beach " Cleanup Campaign at Miami Beach. Oceana Belize would like to Thank those who all participated at this morning's Cleanup Campaign. Scouts of Belize, Rotaract and wave makers came out to join this event.

Hopkins Mango Festival
Visitors and locals alike attend the annual Mango Festival in Hopkins Village. BTB is proud to be a sponsor of this year's thriving Mango Fest.

Channel 5

61 Year Old Man Robbed
Belize City police are investigating a robbery which occurred last night on Neal Penn Road. Police say that 61-year-old Godfrey Rowland was riding his bicycle at around 8:15 p.m. when he was ambushed by two men who emerged from the bushes. The attackers wore stocking over their faces in an attempt to conceal their identities. A fire armed was produced causing Godfrey to fear for his life. He was punched in his abdomen and face. The robbers escaped with a bag containing an undisclosed amount of money.

Stabbed in His Own House
29-year-old Irbin Orlando Monroy is recuperating today after he was stabbed last night. It happened at around 9:30 p.m. while Monroy was at his house on Prince Street, Belize City. Police say that the attacker knocked on Monroy's front door and upon making checks an altercation ensued between both men. As a result, Monroy was in his chest.

Murder in Belize City
Police in the Old Capital are investigating the murder a security guard. According to reports, 34 year old Haitian National Jacques Wilder was found dead this morning. We are told that he was found between two cargo vehicles near Foam Factory on the George Price Highway. His hands were tied.

The Reporter

Taxpayers Not Liable for AIBL Woes, Says FinSec
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) case against the principals of the $100 million Sanctuary Bay real estate fraud carried out in Belize has swept up the Atlantic International Bank Ltd. (AIBL) in the investigation, leading to its eventual demise; jeopardizing the offshore sector and causing the government to engage in discussions with the FTC regarding a settlement of the issue.

Security Guard Murdered At Foam Factory
Police have officially release the name of the latest murder victim. He is Security Guard Haitian national Jacques Jean Wilder. Wilder’s body, was found around 5:05 a.m. on June 8th on the Foam Factory compound located at mile two on the George Price Highway.

Reformed Street Figure Executed In Taylor’s Alley
Just after 9:30 a.m. on June 2nd, gunshots rang out in Taylor’s Alley, scattering a group of men and sending them running for their lives. When the commotion died down, it was an all too familiar scene as one man lay bleeding inside a yard. Sources say that when the gunshot went off, the deceased Alvin Cumberbatch, 36, known as “Big Ben” attempted to flee from the scene but he only made it a couple of feet away and toppled over.

Father Charged For Death of Baby Boy
Following days of intensive investigation Troy Banner, the father of two-month-old baby Thevane Banner, has been officially charged by Police for the crime of Manslaughter in relation to the suspicious death of the child.

Editorial – Friday, June 7th. 2019
On Thursday, June 6th the countries which fought the German and Japanese forces in World War ll celebrated D-Day, that fateful day in June when the greatest sea-borne invasion in history was launched upon the beaches of France to take back the countries of Europe from the grasp of the German dictator, Adolph Hitler.

Allow Me To Introduce Myself
By: Mike Rudon Jr. – There are very many people who feel that I will never change. They see my words, and understand that I am good at words, and they believe I am a man only of words and little willpower. They think that I use my words to manipulate. Maybe I have. Maybe they’re not far wrong.

The Line Between Sanity and Insanity
By: Dr. Abigail Joseph - I remember visiting Belize City regularly with my parents when I was younger. City trips as a kid was always a highlight. I grew up in Belmopan all my life so Belize City was totally different. It was busy, noisy and everything moved at a much faster pace than what I was used to. I remember the bustle of Albert Street and Battlefield Park with trees and benches which were often times occupied by the homeless and “challenged.”

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Student, 11, shot innocently in Belize City needs help with medical expenses; Two Belizean companies step in to help
Eleven-year-old student of St. Luke Methodist, Kyron Green, was shot to the face on May […]

Accused George Street gangsters face court
Four familiar names were taken on Friday before the Magistrate’s Court. Police allege that they […]

Fifth annual Jazz Festival winding down
This weekend marks the end of the 5th Annual International Jazz Festival, hosted by the National […]

San Pedro Tigersharks are 2019 NEBL champions
They’re probably still partying this morning on Ambergris Caye, as the San Pedro Tigersharks swept […]

Belize making history at NORCECA Beach Volleyball Tour
For the first time ever, Team Belize is advancing in the NORCECA Beach Volleyball Tour, […]

Burglar enters home and steals tablet in Belize City
Belize City resident, Rhea Rogers, 42, visited police last night and reported that her home […]

Senior citizen beaten and robbed in Belize City by 2 masked men
A senior citizen was ambushed and robbed last night on Neal’s Penn Road in Belize […]

Man, 29, stabbed to the chest last night in Belize City
A man is hospitalized after he was stabbed last night. He has been identified as […]

Security Guard, 34, murdered at his work place
A security guard was found dead at the Foam Factory at mile 2 of the […]

Videos

• Three dimension pedestrian walk in Belkize City by Alex Sanker, 33min. Located at Gabriel Lane Belize city Belize. Gonna give you guys a first look at the first tree dimension pedestrian walk that going to be displayed all over Belize working on a project with the Mere bring some out into the street will make a difference you guys enjoy

• When you are feeling the victory, 10sec. Celebrating the Tiger Sharks Championship

• [ BELIZE ] San Pedro - Esplorando l'isola in Golf Car, 9min. Lungo il nostro cammino verso il Guatemala, ci siamo trovati a visitare questo piccolo stato dell' America centrale... Tante sono le isolette caraibiche che le appartengono, noi abbiamo scelto quella di San Pedro ...

• Garifuna Collective (Belize) [email protected] Meeting Nijmegen (The Netherlands), June 08, 2019, 4min. The Garifuna Collective from Belize playing live at Nikko stage on 35th International Music Meeting festival in Nijmegen in The Netherlands (June 08, 2019) !

• Belize Aggressor III May 6 2019 Painted Wall, 3min. Scuba diving the Painted Wall from the Belize Aggressor III May 6 2019.

• Dawn Drake of New York is live @ Hopkins Mango Fest!, 2.5min.