FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Bus Ride
“A-a-a-i-i-i-!! !” The bus passengers squealed and screamed as the bus went off the edge of the road on two wheels, righted itself and came back down without ever slowing down. We had just missed a head-on collision with a dump truck. This happened on a trip I took last year around Easter when Bob Macmillan and I shared a bus ride. “The thought of dying in a bus crash terrifies me,” Bob said. “Why didn’t we take a taxi back to Belize City?”

Doctor Love: Born-Again-Atheist
Dear Doctor Love, I don’t like the use of labels, but if I were to categorize myself as far as religion is concerned, I am a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. I don’t believe in God, or the bible or anything religious, and my friends and family know that. My family and many of my friends, however, are at the other end of the scale. They are preachy and pushy, and I think, quite rude about forcing their beliefs on everyone around them.

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Corozal Clean Up Campaign
BELIZE RED CROSS COROZAL BRANCH serves up clean campaign this beautiful Sunday in our San Joaquin community. Hat's off. Photo Courtesy BRCCB.

The Reporter

More Bad Sargassum News
Prevailing currents and wind direction are expected to send a “Sargasso stain” larger than 340 miles in diameter to the coasts in Quintana Roo, Mexico sometime next week, and it is expected to affect mainly the central and southern region of the state between Tulum and Xcalak, which borders the Belizean coastline of San Pedro.

Police Minister & Police Officials Meet To Discus Many Public Safety Issues
Following his return from Taiwan on Saturday, National Security Minister John Saldivar met with Commissioner of Police Chester Williams and CEO in the Ministry of National Security Ret’d Col. George Lovell to discuss increasing security on Ambergris Caye and surrounding waters in the wake of international backlash following the murder of a tourist last week.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Agricultural belt of Belize facing drought for next few months
The region’s weather forecasters suggest that this weekend’s rainy weather may be few and far […]

Jamaica and US advance to CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinals; joins Mexico and Haiti
This weekend was filled with exciting games in the CONCACAF Gold Cup as eight (8) […]

Weed bust in Rootsville
Drum Street resident, Eston Allen, 21, who was allegedly busted by police in possession of […]

Two men walk free from old city murder on Cairo Street
Four years ago this week, 39-year-old Patrick Dean “Nally” Spencer was shot dead at the […]

Lee Mark Chang wins in Caribbean Shores
Former president of the Senate, Lee Mark Chang, is for the second time a standard […]

Officer caught on camera choking young man following fight on boat
Two videos went viral minutes ago on social media, the first one shows a fight […]

Accused gangster jailed for jumping bail
He is soon to be a father, but a confluence of circumstances has landed 20-year-old Marvin […]

Lee Mark Chang wins convention in Caribbean Shores
Former senator, Lee Mark Chang has won the UDP convention in the Caribbean Shores Constituency. […]

Accused gangster jailed for jumping bail
He is soon to be a father, but a confluence of circumstances has landed 20-year-old […]

International Sourcesizz

5 feet of hail in Mexico!
Stunning rain storm brings up to five feet of hail in Metropolitan Guadalajara, Mexico. Many areas were covered with ice last night. Local officials also reported flooding and fallen trees, but no-one is thought to have been hurt. The storm hit very quickly, between about 01:50 (06:50 GMT) and 02:10 local time, when the air temperature dropped suddenly from 22C to 14C.

Videos

• Belize June 2019 Day 2, 2.52 Dives - Mosquito Canyons and Devil's Cavern. Lots of nurse sharks. min.

• Belize June 2019, 5min. Scuba Diving the Great Blue Hole, Paradise Canyons, the Aquarium, San Pedro Canyons. Half Moon Wall. Great diving. Lots of sharks. Excellent visibility

• Night Dive at Hol Chan, 2.5min.

• Placencia - Belize, 12min.

• Caye Caulker, San Pedro Belize, Bacalr, Cancun. Tips de viaje., 31min.

• CHICAGO Belize Day 2019, 1.5hr.

• Belize Travel 2019, 12min. The trip to ruin all other trips because it was just that EPIC. Mostly due to the amazing group I traveled with and the people we met! Thankful I got to see the reef as it is... who knows what it'll look like in a few years. First 4 nights on Ambergris Caye. Last 3 nights on Caye Caulker.

• NACL SemiFinals Game 2 | Barrack Road vs Club Atletico | Roaring Creek Untd vs Caesar Ridge FC | Live at MCC Grounds, Belize City. , 2hr.