Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
If you have some idea that's going to change everything overnight, let's hear it. Fact is that we don't know they aren't working on it so why say that? If you have no faith at all, pick a new paradise.

Brett
Counting the days until I retire...

Online Happy
I believe the GOB needs to actually followup and do what they promise. Tourist and expat murders have increased in the last 5 years or so and none solved or convicted. Gang warfare increases every year. I have lived here since 2002, my mom is buried in Belize and I hope to be buried next to her, but like her I hope it is of natural causes. Do you really believe GOB has done all it can do or just the normal knee jerk reaction then back to life as usual with no real changes??

Last edited by dabunk; 07/01/19 05:48 AM.
Where is the LIKE button?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
I completely agree with Diane, get involved, go to the meetings and give your imput, be a part of the solution.
Would a checkpoint at the water taxis for non residents help? Im sure they lack the manpower though.

Online Happy
Who said the murderers were non residents???

you really think they use public transportation?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hariette / Silverado - residents, non residents and "them" do use public transportation, on both land and sea. (A couple of weeks ago police checks on mainland public buses resulted in 3 drug-busts.) People in general move around, and the boats carry most of them/us to and from the island. So yes - a manifest and a police presence can be super helpful. As for the residents or non-residents part - freedom of movement around the country is the right of every citizen. Residents go to Belize City and non-residents come to San Pedro - every day. This is about knowing where certain people are and having a chance to grab those who have warrants out or to track those under surveillance.
I am convinced that using the water-taxi terminal in the back would greatly increase security due to centralized surveillance - and, during an emergency such as a hurricane evacuation it would help immeasurably as people look for transport and officials do their best to organize their arrival/support when they reach the mainland.

You have freedom of movement in the US but when you catch a plane to go from one city to the next you show ID. You go through security check points to enter a sports stadium, a music festival, a museum, schools etc - the freedom is there and isn't taken from you, but in the interests of safety for all you are counted and sometimes additional security measures are taken.

Recently the alleged killers of a couple of shootings used the water taxi and another used one of the domestic airlines to get to and from the island.

R
R
I read yesterday that three other individuals are now in custody for questioning regarding the murder of the tour guide and Dr Swank

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.