Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53722 06/02/02 10:06 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Will be traveling to AC in August and staying in a villa at Capt. Morgans Retreat for two weeks. Any info from anyone who might have stayed there, how's the resort, how's the food, how close to town, how's the beach (snorkeling), ect. - would appreciate it.

i don't think you can snorkel from the beach, too shallow. have to take a boat to get to town. (water taxi or shuttle)

F
F
water taxi is more fun anyways. maybe they have a cart you can use?

or bikes.

W
OP Offline
W
We will probably rent a golf cart so that we can explore the caye. Is AC pretty quiet in August because of the low season?

i found out. i went august 2000. it was really nice, but very hot & lotsa flying biting critters. coincidentally, it was also an unusual week where the wind died.

it was very nice that nothing was crowded tho. and lobster is in season. no pica pica.

toad...it is an island...perfectly flat.

Jane -

not all islands are flat

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
M
We stayed in a 1 bedroom Villa at Captain Morgans September of 2000 and it was very nice. You can swim from the boat dock and the beach is very nice. We used the water shuttle and the water taxi to get to and from town. The food was not that great there back than but this might have changed. However, you can walk to Capricorn Restaurant and the food and atmosphere there is wonderful. If you arrange snorkeling or diving the day prior you will get picked up at their dock. We enjoyed our stay there and thought the area north of San Pedro is beautiful. The units are very comfortable and nice and I would recommend the upstairs Villa so you get the lofty Palapa Roof for the Island feel and better views. You can also get to town by bike but I would not do that in the evening when the Mosquitos are out and it is not the easiest ride when it is dark. A Golf Cart would work well but we just loved taking the water taxi.

doh! u r right (fiji, st lucia...)

um, up here they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.