FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Umbrellas
“Stop! Thief! Thief!” As I walked out of the restaurant a stout angry lady ran behind me shouting and pointing. I had picked up her umbrella by mistake. “Ma’am, I am so sorry,” I said. “I always carry one in the rainy season but mine is broken right now and I accidentally picked up yours. It was an honest mistake.” “Thieves always say that,” she said, and then she called me a few more choice names. “I’m glad you think it’s funny,” I said to Sherry when I told her about it. “I’ve never been so humiliated.”

PAHO/WHO urges northern hemisphere countries to prepare for heatwaves
In view of the current heatwaves in Europe and predictions that this phenomenon will hit various parts of the Americas, the Pan American Health Organization/ World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) is urging countries in the Region to be prepared, due to the impact that this could have on peoples’ health, including the risk of death. Weather forecasts for North America, Central America and the Caribbean predict heat waves during the summer of 2019. This could increase drought-induced stress, lead to forest fires, and have harmful effects on human health.

Doctor Love: Teen Sexuality
Dear Doctor Love, My seventeen-year-old son and I are close, and I have always encouraged him to think for himself and am very supportive of his ideas even when they conflicted with my own. I’m pretty sure he’s gay. He hasn’t said anything, but I am worried that he might be afraid to tell me. How can I let him know that it’s okay and I will love him no matter what? Should I ask him and reassure him or wait until he’s ready to tell me? /s/Dad

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Rehabilitation of the Nedi Raymundo Brotherhood Park in Corozal Town

Missing Person: Kiely Acevedo, Orange Walk

Job Vacancies - Belize Sugar Industries Limited
Belize Sugar Industries Limited invites qualified and self–motivated individuals to submit applications for the following positions: Customer Service Representative– Supply Chain - Tower Hill, Orange Walk The Customer Service Representative will be a liaison between the company’s day-to-day operations and our external customers. This role will also be responsible for providing product and service information and address any concerns that customers may have. The overall goal is to maintain excellent customer service satisfaction.

FEMALE VOLLEYBALL U18 IN CENTRAL AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP!
Today our U18 national team departed to Tegucigalpa, Honduras for the U20 Central American Female Volleyball Championship!

The Reporter

Cooking Masters Restaurant Robbers – Face Multiple Charges
Late Friday the six men detained for the robbery of Cooking Master restaurant Thursday night were formally arrested and charged. Francis Lizama, 19, Delroy Chaplin, 35, Raheem Budran, 19yrs, Kareem Heusner, 30yrs, Shane Budran, 43yrs...

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Two convicted murderers re-sentenced by Supreme Court
Two convicted murderers face considerable further time behind bars before becoming eligible for parole after […]

San Pedro man fined for a second drug trafficking offense
Mario Trotman, 42, of San Pedro Town, was convicted once again of drug trafficking, but […]

Israel Usher free of murder charge
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions has withdrawn charges of murder and abetment […]

Belize Red Cross elects new executive
Yesterday, the Belize Red Cross held elections for its executive board. After the ballots were […]

Man, 24, busted with unlicensed firearm in Belize City
Floyd Robinson, 24, is well on his way to the Belize Central Prison. On Friday, […]

Six men charged for restaurant robbery
Francis Lizama, 19, Delroy Chaplin, 35, Raheem Budran, 19, Kareem Heusner, 30, Shane Budran, 43, […]

6 police officers and 1 civilian honored by Office of COMPOL
On Friday, the Office of the Commissioner of Police (COMPOL) Chester Williams held a recognition […]

Blogs

Perfect First Day At Las Terrazas Resort
My best friend is in town and though she has been here quite a few times before… and even though she knows and loves the island of Ambergris Caye…I knew it would be fun to spend one of her first few nights at one of the most beautiful resorts on the island – Las Terrazas Resort. I’ve written about this spot before -about the beautiful restaurant in the midst of a pool, about the HUGE cool, clean, super-well appointed rooms, about the beautiful bedding and pillows (this stay has me dreaming of new down pillows) – so I am just going to show you some of the pictures that I took. Only about 24 hours…maybe less…but such a fantastic kick-off to Jamie’s MONTH long vacation in Belize.

Why visit Belize on September
Belize is a small country with a population that has undergone tremendous upheaval every century since the Spanish arrived, but the people here still have plenty to celebrate. A mixture of Mayan, Catholic, and Caribbean culture makes for a busy calendar of holidays and festivals. This diversity in culture has also led to diversity in Belize's religious practices, which is further reflected in the nation's holidays and festivals. You will notice a few consistent traditions — beauty pageants, soccer games, and folk dances are central to many Belizean celebrations.St. George’s Caye Day – September 10

International Sourcesizz

Husband, wife use cross-state bike ride to raise mission funding
For many who participate in Pedal Across Lower Michigan (PALM) annually, the some-300-mile ride is a family-based or for-fun feat. For Elias and Robyn Correa of Adrian Township, they used their first time participating to raise money to send members of their church on a mission trip. Robyn Correa said they opted to make their bicycle ride a “bike-a-thon” to seek pledges to support missionaries at Berean Baptist Church in Adrian who are headed to the Central American country of Belize in October. As of Saturday, Berean Baptist and several “sister churches” who sponsored the Correas on a per-mile basis had raised $3,317.

Fire rages through reserve in Mexico's resort-filled Yucatan
Mexico has deployed seven fire-fighting brigades and a military helicopter in an effort to stamp out a fire raging through the Sian Ka'an nature reserve on the Yucatan peninsula. The civil protection coordinator for the state of Quintana Roo said Sunday the fire has already consumed 600 hectares (1,500 acres) of brush and other plants. Adrián Martínez said the fire started in the municipality of Felipe Carrillo Puerto, which is slated to become a stop between the high-end beach resort Tulum and Bacalar near the Belize border for the Maya Train that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador plans to build.

Videos

• EVERYONE needs to hear this 12 year old's message, 3min. "It's hard to clean it up, but it's not really that hard... it's just your mentality." (While filming in Belize for the Save the Reef documentary)

• Galen University 16th Commencement Ceremony, 2.5hr..

• Belizean Cultural Explosioon - Belize In America, 3min.

• Airboat tour in Belize, 8.5min.

• Belize - Lobster Season 2019, 3min.

• Diving and Snorkelling in Belize June 2019, 6.5min.

• Snorkeling with sharks and manatees in Caye Caulker, Belize, 2.5min. For our last stop, Jamie and I visit one of the most chilled out towns on the Caribbean coast: Caye Caulker. While here we ate TONS of lobster (cheap!) and oh yeah went snorkeling with sharks. Highly recommend getting into the water here if you're ever in Belize.

• Sunrise in Belize, 17min. On our last morning in Belize, I connected the GoPro to a beach chair and just started recording.

• Belize Lobster Fest, 4min. I went during LobsterFest but I think this would still be a nice destination at other time

• NACL 2019 | Caesar Ridge FC vs Club Atletico | Live at MCC Grounds, Belize City, 2.5hr.