Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
DiCaprio's Blackadore Caye eco-resort to open in 2020

Back in 2015, DiCaprio decided to take the plunge and purchase an island in Belize to build his very own eco-resort, set to be "ground-breaking in the environmental movement." The island in question, Blackadore Caye, was sold for $1.75 million to DiCaprio and his business partner, who have been working ever since to create an eco-haven of restorative paradise in Central America, to open in 2020.

The eco-resort was supposed to open in 2018, but the team announced that the opening was to be delayed until late 2019 as it was still incomplete. This year, it was declared that the new opening was to be in 2020, as and when the finishing touches have been applied with a fine tooth comb.

DiCaprio's resort is hoping to be the eco-friendly answer to the 104-acre island's environmental problems through building 'off-the-grid 'living homes'' and a research station focused on climate change. It plans to be the 'World's first truly restorative island development.'The eco-resort will feature a hotel, 36 resort bungalows and 36 estate villas, with details such as 'circadian lighting' and solar panels so that each home is energy efficient. Outdoor and indoor experiences will be merged with open-air buildings surrounded by palm trees, lush, green landscapes and infinity pools.

Click here for the rest of the story on EuroNews.com

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
this would be an actual example of fake news

K
K
You will find in this source document an article titled, "Flying Cars: How Close Are We?"
'Nuf said.

R
R
I saw this on a few other news outlets today. I'm confused...do people think this is not going to happen? From my understanding, the project has gone through plan changes since its inception, and it was approved sometime last year.

It's not under construction, so the idea of anything there opening in 2020 sounds like popycock.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Return to Blackadore Caye, Belize�Yes�Leo's Island

I visited the island in June of 2016 for the first time - which the Blackadore development team/scientists were there. It is BEYOND stunning. And I JUST returned - with Marcos of Creative Tours - for a visit. Jeff and some friends and guests were going to wade around the island to fly fish and my friend Jamie and I wanted to do a bit of exploring, swimming and sunning.

Despite what recent articles say - there is NO WAY a resort is opening here in 2020. All that you can find on the island is one white mangrove tree, caretakers, lots of high sharp grass and coconut trees and about 14 billion blue crabs. We went for a walk on the "inner island" - you can see both the east and west side no matter where you are - the island is that slim. It's just grass�and mud�and coconut trees�many dying from what looks like a rusty mold on the trunk.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop

R
R
Looks like this is the company designing it. Any updates?

http://mclennan-design.com/project/blackadore-caye/

that site has not been updated in at least 3 years. Don't hold your breath, but it is more likely I will be elected President in 2020.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
R
I'm confused...so are you implying that this project is not happening?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.