Print Thread
Launch of BTB’s Belizean Traveller Campaign #537798
08/16/19 06:08 AM
08/16/19 06:08 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
[Linked Image]
Belizean Traveller Launch head table: (L to R) Carlon Mendoza, ILC BTB; Mrs. Jocelle Stephen, Marketing and Industry Relations Manager BTB; Marlyn Vansen, local influencer and singer; Llechia Flowers, Marketing Director, BHA; Mike Hernandez Jr., Communication & PR Officer, BTB — at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina.

The Belize Tourism Board's (BTB) long awaited Belizean Traveller Campaign, which encourages Belizeans to be tourists in our country, was officially launched this morning at the Radisson Fort George Hotel in Belize City.

The campaign is a joint venture between the BTB and the Belize Hotel Association (BHA). Its specific objectives include:

* Create awareness of Belize as a destination to its residents and citizens
* Boost domestic tourism and allow Belizeans to enjoy attractive discounts being offered by the industry in collaboration with BHA.
* Highlight what Belize has to offer as a perfect vacation paradise educating all on the activities and amenities of our hotels and resorts
* Allow the traveller to enjoy the scenery, their vacation and breath-taking memories.
* Promote our unique Belizean Culture, traditions and folklore.
* Offer Belizeans an opportunity for relaxation - invest in their family - take a well-deserved summer break.
* Adventure - tap into your adventurous side.
This year the campaign is focusing on Belize's tourism product and attractions under three main themes: Friends, Family and Couples.

During the launching, Mrs Jocelle Stephen, Manager of BTB's Marketing and Industry Relations Unit, said: "When you make plans for fun, adventure or relaxation all these three themes are inextricably interrelated. They are so coherent that only so can you indeed experience the true meaning of enjoyment."

She added: "Our Jewel is a desired place to visit and is undoubtedly an attraction. Belize is our backyard; as citizens and residents we are privileged to live where thousands vacation. Therefore, the value of both international and domestic tourism cannot be underestimated. Domestic tourism is crucial to stabilize the seasonal flows of tourism; it is important to get heads in bed all year round and to facilitate our very own Belizeans experiencing the beauty of our Jewel. We recognize the need to channel attention, to invest time, energy, effort and resources to encourage you to Be a Belizean Traveller."

The campaign will run from August to the end of October. The highlight will be a video competition on the subject WHAT WOULD BE YOUR IDEAL VACATION AS A BELIZEAN TRAVELLER. The first five videos that meet the criteria will be uploaded on the BTB's social media page. The video with the most reactions and shares shall be the winner of a grand vacation prize worth $4,000. It will also include the participation of local influencer, Marlyn Vansen, who hits the Belizean Traveller campaign road trail and will be posting updates on her travels on her Facebook and Instagram pages. This year the BTB has enhanced its marketing material through three videos highlighting the three main themes. Please visit the following links to see the videos.

Belizean Traveller Friends Experience

Belizean Traveller Couples Experience

Belizean Traveller Family Experience

The Belize Hotel Association (BHA) has jumped into the band wagon to offer numerous discounts through its members during the campaign. A new microsite page on the special promotions being offered to Belizeans by the BHA members was also created.

During the launching ceremony, Ms Ilechia Flowers, BHA's Marketing Director, said “Today marks the second year collaborating with the BTB on the Belizean Traveller Campaign. The BHA,whose mission is to promote sustainable tourism in Belize, places great effort into marketing our members, locally and internationally. We represent over 100 members who are excited to participate in this campaign. Our members have offered amazing discounts not only on accommodations but also on signature tours allowing Belizeans to explore the beauty of this beloved Jewel of ours.”

At the ceremony, Ignacio Mahung and Jaime Rodriguez, winners of vacation packages from last year's campaign, presented their personal experience being Belizean Travellers. Both said it was a lifetime vacation with their families.

To keep updated on the progress of the campaign and how to enter the video competition Belizeans can tune into interactive live TV and radio shows countrywide and through the BTB's BelizeanTraveller Facebook Page www.facebook.com/belizeantraveller/

Re: Launch of BTB’s Belizean Traveller Campaign [Re: Marty] #537799
08/16/19 06:11 AM
08/16/19 06:11 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

The Belize Tourism Board launched Belizean Traveller Campaign 2019 in hope of encouraging locals to take their next vacation in the country and in so doing contribute to the development of the country. Reporter Johnelle McKenzie attended the launch and filed this report.

Be A Tourist In Your Own Country, for Free

"Be a tourist in your own country" - we've all been hearing that mantra for decades, but, who can afford it?

Well, the BTB has a free solution for the creative types. The new Belizean Traveller Campaign has an interesting twist. They want to boost domestic tourism from August to the end of October - which I the customary low season - and here's how you can do it for free. Cherisse Halsall reports:

Cherisse Halsall reporting
We've all seen the lavish images of Belize's finest tourist attractions: From lush jungles, sandy beaches, Belize has something for every type of traveler.

For most of us, however, those images are as close as we get; it often seems that tourist attractions are just for tourists.

The BTB has tried to change that perception in recent years and encourages Belizeans to become tourists in their own country.

It's not only important from a nationalistic perspective, but from a financial one as domestic tourism is an important source of revenue for local hotels and resorts.

Jocelle Stephen, Manager, Marketing and Industry relations
"As you know every year we want to work on the Belizean traveller campaign because domestic tourism is just as important as international tourism. It all helps in contributing to one of the largest earners to the GDP. We wanted this year to be a bit more digitally focused and so we want to kinda enhance our marketing materials. Since the launch of the campaign about four years ago we had some ads that highlighted the different regions, so we had seven ads that we're running but we wanted to be a bit more creative and so we decided to focus on three themes or three market segments the family, friends, and the couple."

This morning they launched a marketing campaign that shows Belizeans doing the stuff that tourists do. The ads show that travel in Belize is for everyone- couples, families, and friends. And the person making the pitch is Marlyn Vansen

MARLYN VANSEN, Entertainer
"BTB they were generous enough to include me in this campaign and have me be the face of the campaign: are you a Belizean traveler."

And to prove that you are a Belizean traveler, the BTB is asking you to submit videos detailing your ideal Belizean vacation for the chance to win a $4000.00 all expenses paid vacation to your preferred district's attractions.

Jocelle Stephen
"I think this is a campaign that anybody can take the opportunity of. All you need to do is to send a video. There is no cost; there is no barrier to entry there. Also you heard from BHA today they are also partnering with us and they're offering discounts. They mentioned a discount as low as $89.00 per night, you really can't beat that."

One of last year's winners told us how he beat out the competition:

JAIME RODRIGUEZ, 2018 Travel Campaign Participant
"On the night of the draw i had the cellphones lined off on the couch. I had three entries in the competition and my wife had four. The clock struck a little after 8pm and there was my cell phone lighting up. I thought it was one of my buddies calling me then the first voice I heard was Mr. Martinez. I couldn't believe it I actually won something for the first time in my life."

The Belizean Traveller campaign is a joint venture between the BTB and the Belize Hotel Association.

Local influencer, Marlyn Vansen, will hit the Belizean Traveller campaign road trail and will be posting updates on her travels on her Facebook and Instagram pages.

Channel 7

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 184 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics72,850
Posts484,792
Members19,740
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.