Cell Phone Charging Causes House Fire In San Pedro
One of the occupants of the room reported that upon waking up, he smelt something burning and discovered that his mattress was on fire. He further reported that he had his cell phone under his mattress whilst charging and upon smelling something burning, he observed his mattress burning. The fire then quickly engulfed their room and spread to another room which was on the upper flat of the building. Both apartments and their contents were completely destroyed by the fire.Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun
=======================Fire in Boca del Rio believed to be electrical
One of the occupants of the building told authorities that the smell of smoke woke them up. He reported smelling smoke and observed his mattress in flames. He also reported that he had left his cell phone near the mattress to charge. The fire quickly engulfed the room, spreading to other rooms on the top floor. According to witnesses, one of the persons inside the house had to jump out from a window, because the only exit had been compromised.
The San Pedro Sun spoke with Irving Olivera, who was residing in the upper floor of the house. He said that the fire was so fierce that there was nothing he could do. The tiles on the floor around him caved in injuring one of his foot. “There was no time to save anything; it’s really rough,” he said. Oliva is asking for help as he has a family to look after. He has received assistance from the National Emergency Management Organization but will appreciate any help. He can be reached at 602-0721.Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun