FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Man shot in San Pedro Town
The San Pedro Sun has received information that a male person was shot at a night club in downtown San Pedro. We are told that the victim is undergoing treatment at Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic II. The condition of the person is unknown at this moment. We will have an update as more information is made available.

Doctor Love: A confusing kind of crush
Dear Doctor Love, I have really fallen for my good friend, a girl I know is single, but she’s straight. The reason I can’t get over her is because she knows I’m gay, but I feel like she’s flirting with me when we go out. I would hate to miss an opportunity to be a part of her life if she’s interested. I haven’t tried to get closer because I’ve misread the signs before and there was so much drama and hurt. I lost a very good friend, and I can’t go through that again. Can you offer any advice? /s/Straight Girl Crush

Workshop Held for Local Farmers re: Climate Change Impacts and Challenges on Agriculture
The Genetic Improvement in Sheep and Goat Project (hereafter referred to as Sheep Project) facilitated a workshop on Impacts and Challenges of Climate Change on Agriculture on September 19, 2019 at the University of Belize, Central Farm Campus. Facilitators for the workshop were Mr. Daniel Juan and Dr. Carlos Itza, farmers in their own rights and lecturers at the University of Belize. These two professionals were a part of a delegation of five Belizeans who attended a three-day workshop organized by the World Farmers Organization and the International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF) that was held at St. Kitts/Nevis on August 13–16, 2019.

Wolfe’s Woofers: Tea Time
Look, I promise to be no more than an hour,” Melody said. “You and Milaine can entertain each other until I get back.” “I guess I could do that,” I said. “Of course, you can. You said you wanted to spend some time with your granddaughter, and this is your chance. I’ll get her little tea set out, and she can make pretend tea for you.” As soon as Melody left, The People’s Court came on TV and caught my attention. “Cake, PaPa! Cake!”

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

2020 US Youth Ambassadors Program
On October 2, the application for the 2020 US #YouthAmbassadors Program will go live. What questions do you have about the US Youth Ambassadors Program or the application process? We will be holding our first Facebook Live Event in October – we look forward to connecting! The US Youth Ambassadors Program is a 3-week leadership exchange abroad for U.S. teenagers ages 15-18 and adult educators. The program provides full scholarships for 120 students and adult educators to take part in one of 6 exchange programs to countries in the Caribbean and South America. Youth Ambassadors is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government.

Channel 5

Five persons were injured following a traffic accident last night in Belmopan
The victims were rushed to the Western Regional Hospital for medical attention. It happened on the Hummingbird Highway at around 10 o’clock. Reports are that the men were in a Ford F-150 pickup truck when the driver of the pickup truck lost control.

Murder in the Old Capital
One man is dead and another injured following a shooting last night in Belize City. At around 11:50 pm Jebran Wagner was shot multiple times and Richard Leslie was shot twice in the foot. Wagner was with his girlfriend and Leslie at a party on Coney Drive when two men entered the yard and opened fire. Eleven expended shells were found at the scene.

The Reporter

Several Persons Reportedly Injured in Belmopan Accident
An accident in Belmopan last night has reportedly left five persons injured. The accident occurred sometime around 9:30pm (Sat. Sept. 28th) on the Hummingbird Highway. Reports are that the men were travelling in a Ford F-150 pickup truck and the driver lost control and ran off the road.

Man Shot Dead at Party in Belize City
A man was reportedly shot and killed at a party just before midnight last night on Coney Drive in Belize City. The Reporter has received credible information that the victim, Jebran “Suku” Wagner, 21, was stting with his girlfriend at the event when two gunmen entered the premises and opened fire.

Hondurans Wounded in Recent Drug Bust Charged; Remanded
Hondurans. Allan Yovani Mejia Chirinos, 31, and Nolan Jose Carrasco Lopez, 50, are behind bars after they were arraigned in the Belize City Magistrate’s Court yesterday, some three weeks after they were intercepted by law enforcers along with a group of men and a plane containing $60 Million worth of cocaine off the Coastal Highway.

Mark Clarke Shot Again – In Stable Condition
A man was shot last night in Belize City. Mark Clarke, was shot just before 8:30 p.m., as he stood at the corner of Pitts Alley and New Road by a man who rode contrary to the flow of traffic on New. Road.

LOVE FM

MAN SHOT TO DEATH
We have received information that a man was shot to death on Coney Drive. Reports are that 21-year-old Jebran Wagner also known as Sucu, was with his girlfriend on Coney Drive when two male person entered their yard and fired 8 shots at Wagner and killing him. We have also received information that Richard Leslie was also shot in his foot while passing the area.

ANOTHER CAR ACCIDENT
There is another car accident that occurred sometime after 10:00 pm on the Hummingbird highway in front of Motor Solution. Reports are that a driver and four persons were traveling in a Ford F-150 pickup truck when a car swerved into their lane and causing the driver to lose control and flip over. The five men received various injuries, two men were trapped inside the pickup truck but authorities have managed to rescue them. The men were rushed to the Western Regional Hospital for treatment. Love News will keep you update as we receive more information.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Belize emergency services boosted by Canada – U.S. joint donation
The two largest English-speaking nations in the Western Hemisphere combined to assist Belize’s emergency services on Saturday. A United States Air Force C5 GALAXY craft delivered 4 ambulances and 1 fire truck to Belize on Saturday. The landing was captured in a time lapse video by Tropic Air.

Belize not under any imminent storm threat
Our newsroom has received several queries regarding the validity of information being circulated that Belize is in danger of being hit by a typhoon in the upcoming week. Breaking Belize News clarifies that the information is false and takes this time to remind the public that a Typhoon is a weather phenomenon that occurs in the Pacific Ocean, not the Atlantic, as such Belize will not likely be under threat of a Typhoon.

Save the Macal River group hosts successful clean up campaign
The Save the Macal River group in San Ignacio and Santa Elena yesterday hosted another clean up campaign along the banks of the Macal River. Lead organizer, Javier Guitterez says that the group cleaned the river and planted about 50 different varieties of trees.

Caesar Ridge football player ‘Sucu’ shot and killed
Police are investigating a murder that occured last night in Belize City. Jebran ‘Sucu’ Wagner was with his girlfriend on Coney Drive when two men arrived, entered their yard and shot Wagner multiple times.

San Pedro Town Council revisits toll price increase following outcry from residents
The San Pedro Town Council has announced, via its social media page, that it is halting and reviewing a decision to increase the toll rates of the Sir Barry Bowen toll bridge on the island following intense outcry from residents about the intended new prices.

Lova Boy’s rape and kidnapping charges dismissed
Performer Daniel Cacho, alias “Lova Boy”, has had charges of two counts of rape of a minor and two counts of kidnapping dismissed on Friday in Los Angeles County, California. Cacho, 36, was arrested in March of 2018 but was released yesterday.

Gaspar Vega joins Saldivar in leadership battle against Faber
While former deputy leader of the United Democratic Party and former Deputy Prime Minister Gaspar Vega keeps his own counsel concerning a return to the political spotlight, old foe and current holder of both positions Patrick Faber awaits the challenge.

Videos

• Our project at the corner of Regents Street and Cockburn Lane is coming along well, 1/2min. When completed it will become a restaurant and museum in downtown.

• Corozal, 2min. Are you having plan's to visit Belize in the near future? Corozal, District, Belize is located in the Northern part of Belize. Corozal Town is a town in Belize, capital of Corozal District. Corozal Town is located about 84 miles north of Belize City, and 9 miles from the border with Mexico. The population of Corozal Town, according to the main results of the 2010 census, is 9,871.

• Christmas and New Years in Belize - Dec 2009 & Jan 2010, 32min. Our family trip to Belize

• Photo Album 2019 Caye Caulker Belize, 5min. Alexander Family photos from trip to Caye Caulker Belize 2019!

• PLB Opening Season | FF Valley Pride FC vs BDF FC | Live at Carl Ramos Stadium, Dangrig, 2.5hr.

• The Xtabai,5 min. The Xtabai is one of the most known legends between the Yucatec Maya. In Belize stories of the Xtabay is still heard between the Yucatec Maya communities.

• Scientists race to save Caribbean corals from fast-moving, deadly disease, 4min.