Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Ginger Offline OP
OP Offline
G
My husband and I are going on our first trip to AC and are staying at Ramons Village June 29 - July 7th. Can anyone give us some ideas as to where to dive and what other "touristy" things to do? Even great food and places to shop? How about seeing the island? Golf cart or bicycles???
Thanks. Anyone else going to be at Ramons during this time?
Ginger

D
D
Ginger, a good place to dive with is Auqua Dives.

You should definitely consider going inalnd. So much activities to do esp in the Cayo area.

On AC the only it's mostly diving, snorkelling.

Inland there is river canoe trips, cave tubing, visiting Maya riuns etc.

[email protected]

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
Ginger--- We are not gonna be at Ramon's ..We are gonna be at MataRocks..There is gonna be a "GET AQUAINTED" party at Fido's July 1 at 8pmYou all are welcome (and wanted) to come... Just ask anyone where it is (not too far from Ramon's---in town) See ya there---John

John
For diving, I recommend Rudy Duran at Bottom Time, behind Holiday Hotel. He has been taking us out every year since 1994. He knows the good sites and ALWAYS sees that you have a good dive.
Food is excellent everywhere, from the more expensive restaurants to the street vendors, the later being our favorite. Walk most everywhere from Ramon's. Rent a bicycle or golf cart to explore the south end of AC. Carts are not advised/allowed north of the cut. A water taxi would be good for exploring the north end. You can book trips to the mainland several places in town. We really enjoyed the Lamini River trip. We stay for a week and are never ready to go home. Visit/chat with the local people. They are terrific. Night life is available at Jaguars, Fidos and Big Daddy's but we are usually back at our room before it starts, around 10PM or 11PM I think. We get up early to dive. I know y'all will enjoy your trip. E-mail me if you want more details. [email protected]

[This message has been edited by DallasDiver (edited 06-10-2002).]

If you can, try to make a trip out to Turneffe atoll. The diving there was spectacular! Too many other great sites to mention. We went with Justin from Belize Adventures. Many days it was just the 4 people in our party diving. It really spoils you!

T
T
For Diving you can contact Blue hole Dive Center,they treat you excellent and make sure that you are always happy. They usually use Amigos Del Mar to do the diving but if the trip is cancelled they try to get you out there with another boat

There are tours on the mainland, (Lamanai,Xunatunich, Altun Ha)these are all ruins tour, there is also the Cave tubing.

On the island you can, since you are staying in Ramons Village, grab the snorkel gair and go swiming right off the dock pretty cool. You can also go to the guys at Ramons and get a golf cart. Ask for Francis, he will help you.

If you and your hobby are the party cople, go to Jaguars, Barefoot Iguana, (Big Daddys is a nice night club but I do not like it cause sometimes the guys that get drunk start disrespecting you.) That is why I preffer the other two. There is Sharks Bar, Mr C's Bar, oh my there is a whole pile of them. for food any place you try will be good, for breakfast go to Tropical take out, they give a big breakfast.

Go to The Pier Lounge and Caliente's on Wednesday evening and you will have a great time.
I promise.
Jim

Jim
Breakfast pastries at Ruby's.
Lobster Omelet at Lily's.
Coconut ice cream at Manalley's.
Fresh fruit & veggies at the Garden center just down from the CocoNet Cafe.
Slice (1/4) watermelon to die for $3.25BZ. Bag of fresh sliced Pineapple $5.00BZ.
Bar-B-Q Friday or Saturday night at the Lion's Club. Get there early to get a slice of homemade flan.
Have Carolyn cook for you at Mango's.
Anything at Jambel Jerk's (a little pricey)
Shrimp burger at the Reef on Middle Street (very inexpensive).
Fresh catch fish dinner at Cocos (sometimes called Los Cocos) north end of Middle Street and turn left. Very reasonable.
If you are a party animal don't miss Ladies night (Wednesday) at the Dockside Bar & Grill that I think is now called "Wet Willy's. Gets going about 10 PM and goes until 2 AM. Mel is doing a good job out there.
The dive master is the most important part of your diving. I use an independent operator; Ched Cabral - e-mail [email protected]
Or Billy Leslie at Hustlers
Or Ruben with Aqua Divers
AND - be sure and get to know some of the local folks, they are the best part of this island. Here's a picture of my favorite girl.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.