oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

New Tropic Air Terminal Building on Caye Caulker

The terminal is not fully complete, yet, but it is operational, and on Wednesday, December 11th the first passengers checked in and enjoyed the new building’s airy ambiance and comfort. When the terminal is completed, it will count with an expanded arrival- departure and cargo areas, reflecting the airline’s growth and future goals to continue expanding.

The construction of the Caye Caulker terminal began in May of this year at a cost of BZ$1 million for a new 1,600 square foot air-conditioned terminal. President of Tropic Air, John Greif III told The San Pedro Sun that he is impressed with the work that architect Javier Alamilla of NUDE Architecture has done. “We are very happy the way it turned out,” said Greif.

He added that the new terminal coincides with the 40th anniversary of the airline, and thus he found it fit to visit and welcome its first customers. Throughout the day customers were greeted with refreshments and special discounts along with souvenirs. They also witnessed the cutting of a cake bearing the number forty in commemoration of the airline’s anniversary. When the terminal is completed there will be an official grand opening in January 2020.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

==========================

[Linked Image]

A Peek at Tropic Air’s New Caye Caulker Terminal on Their 40th Anniversary

The flight between the islands is maybe my favorite “tour” in Belize. Couple the view with the excitement of being back in Belize? There is no better way to get to your destination. You can see the old terminal in the forefront of this picture. And behind it…THE NEW! Modern and sleek but low-key and natural. I’m a giant fan and, if you know me, I don’t like change! This change, I like. Big windows to watch the planes and enjoy the view. Inside is not 100% ready yet – really just some finishing touches and finishing the bathrooms. Spoiler alert: these might be the nicest bathrooms in the country. Seriously.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop

==========================

[Linked Image]